Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

SNAAAAAAKE!!!

(3,029)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:13pm

Oh dear. That doesn't hint at the slightest bit of frustration for players on the receiving end at all! iRobot has invaded Battlefield.

It isn't in any Kit's unlock tree though, so I'm assuming it's something like the UAV from BC2.
What I think about gun balance: If the gun goes bang, you have no cause to harangue.

Memorable Quotes

"Life is cheap, especially mine."-Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

"Life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value."-Durzo Blint, The Way of Shadows

so no, them being lazy isn't the only explanation. it is in fact the least likely explanation. from my experiences as an indie game dev, being lazy and being a game developer are two mutually exclusive states.

i would remove whiny scrubs

What happens when you manage to publicly show a Youtuber is wrong?

Quoted from "xFACTORlGaming"

No, you referenced something from your limited knowledge base on the subject ;)

Kind of hard to have this talk with someone whose top kills with weapons and vehicles is the v40 mini, mortar and EOD bot....

xFACTORlGaming proven to be illiterate and prone to ad hominem attacks.

To read more, come here. See screenshots here.

Quoted from "/u/WarlonX"

NoctyrneSAGA shouldn't be allowed to do weapon balance because he knows what effective engagement ranges are

Quoted from "Xuvial"

Quoted

NoctyrneSAGA said:
If high RoF weapons were easy to tap and burst, they'd win over low RoF guns at range. High FSM restricts High RoF to CQB as it should be.

Umm Noctyrne why are you even in a weapon balance thread? Quoting you:

Quoted

What I think about gun balance: If the gun goes pewpew, you have no reason to QQ.

What input could you possibly have on weapon balance with a mindset like that?
You have proven in the past you give zero shits about weapon balance.

If something is underpowered:

Quoted

people obviously aren't using it correctly

If something is overpowered:

Quoted

people are obviously using it to it's strengths

I mean responses like that could be considered borderline trolling, or coming from a politician. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't even believe in the CONCEPT of weapon balance, let alone trying to partake in a discussion about it.

I'm all for having input from varying perspectives (and meaning no insult to you), but your kind is the most meaningless. Your approach to balance can be concluded as "nothing is unbalanced in any game ever, people just need to USE IT PROPERLY".

By that logic it doesn't matter what devs change, because it will STILL be balanced no matter what. So again, why are you here? Everything is already balanced and will remain balanced for the foreseeable future no matter what changes, people just need to ADAPT - right?

CTE Gold

Quoted from "OberHonscho"

I agree:

Quoted

zeRezal said:
pls anything below 850 rpm is useless garbage

As for the dude who sais to bring the right tool for the right map: "Fuck you, I want to use the gun I always use for everything (scarh)."

I have thousands of kills with the AEK, ACE23, FAMAS & CZ3A1 and other high ROF guns but I like the slower more measured playstyle of the Scarh better. Now that the competitiveness of that gun is gone I am understandably pissed.

@NoctyrneSAGA Your highest killing weapon is the V40 mini and your accuracy is terrible across the board (LMGs are pretty high on your list bro) - just get all your assignments and 5 service stars and for the rest please please piss off.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:15pm

Quoted

No AN94

Quoted

Deagle.

Quoted

Mateba

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:20pm

also of note:

-the CTE has the server balance patches rolled into the base files. this means that we can finally see the real recoil values of the AWS. it is:
vertical: 0.35 (from 0.3)
right: 0.35 (from 0.3)
recoil decrease: 12 (from 15)

-the SW40 now also has a trigger delay: 0.035 (from 0.0)

-the new CBJ damage model is now confirmed to be 25-12.5

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,050)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom (He's from The North!)

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:26pm

-the SW40 now also has a trigger delay: 0.035 (from 0.0)

......Well that's all my problems with the damn thing fixed immediately. Thanks Moriz :D

Also: You go Moriz! Fuck da police!!! :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Useless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Steam - Battlefield 3 M60 Guide! - Youtube
Psst! Wanna hear a good song? Crystalic - Lila Ruined

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,141)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:31pm

Aaannnnndd, back to something that isn't a revolver :thumbdown:

I will use the F2000 even more because Rezal fixed it.

Date of registration
: Feb 17th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, May 9th 2014, 8:38pm

The Bulldog - OH MY GOD - I need a new pair of pants now... I do hope DICE tweaks the balance I little - I know I'd rather see it get less bullet velocity over .3-.3 h recoil, since the high recoil really will screw up accuracy a lot, not to mention it already has a .13 spread increase - in fact, I'd even rather see it get a 2x FSM, and 0.15-.15 instead.. The reload really will be a big factor though, because of the twenty rounds. It looks like it has a bunch of uncountable factors, but it may well become my go to Conquest AR.

I have to boast, I feel really proud of myself for predicting the 850 rpm MPX - and the .40 S&W version is even better. It looks fairly balanced against the CZ, SR-2, and AEK, even though the P90, MP7, and JS2 all need end DMG buffs now, because they will start to become obsolete, even with 50 rounds and all. I do kinda wish it had a slightly faster short reload, because it already has only 25 rounds so...

The CS5 seems like a reasonable addition to the Recon, especially since it has 59 end DMG unlike the scout and fy. Not sure why it has a unsuppressed and suppressed velocity, but I'd rather see it get normal hip fire in exchange constant for a 340 m/s to keep the realism going ..kinda.

I'm actually cool with the concept of a DE in the game - even though I'd much rather take a Saritch DMR or Radon Carbine or Kriss Kard, but WHAT THE FUCKING HELL DICE! These stats are ridicouless...I mean yes, it does shot the .50 AE, but still, I don't see why 50-30 or even 34 isn't a bad DMG model - this gun essentially makes all three revolvers obsolete - in fact, everyone will pretty much be running around with this as their primary. I mean, its practically the new and improved SW40 with Magnum DMG, similar reload, same spread increase, faster reload, +2 rounds (same as M1911), a faster ROF by 10 IIRC, oh, and, .25 ADS????!!! WHAT THE HELL! I think that a starting point would be to give it 3.0 v recoil, maybe even a slower recoil recovery, 200 rpm, the DMG model I said earlier (so it can't go through armor), and definitely .6 ADS and 1.5 basic hip fire (its extremely large). Then it might work

The Unica6 is a fucking joke - its essentially just the SW40 2.0. At least it won't be OP like the DE, but really the only thing its got going for it is the 440 m/s - and DICE should really just give that to the M412 Rex. We don't need four revolvers when we only have 2 machine pistols. What the hell dice....

And last but not least, the shield...fuck you DICE. (sorry, I'm losing it). I was optimistic when I heard about it, but know that we know it most likely will be a primary I'm about ready to lose it. This isn't fucking COD, where you run around pathetically swatting at people with a riot shield to troll them. This is battlefield - concepts like the riot shield should be treated as class gadgets that you set down to support your team, not as a goddamn primary. Ah well...I'm just going to play until Dragon Pass comes out and then hide in the corner...even if the bulldog is one of the weapons - what has become of shooter games? Can we just get back to the primaries being fucking guns and none of this futuristic weapon and asymmetrical gadget shit??? Also, it looks like DICE isn't even giving us an LMG...what the hell, DICE, what the hell...so long, IMI Negev, it seems we were never meant to be together

NoctyrneSAGA

SNAAAAAAKE!!!

(3,029)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 9:17pm

And last but not least, the shield...fuck you DICE. (sorry, I'm losing it). I was optimistic when I heard about it, but know that we know it most likely will be a primary I'm about ready to lose it.

It's a gadget

If JackFrags had bothered to read a few pages further in, he would have seen that.
What I think about gun balance: If the gun goes bang, you have no cause to harangue.

Memorable Quotes

"Life is cheap, especially mine."-Heero Yuy, Gundam Wing

"Life is empty. When we take a life, we take nothing of value."-Durzo Blint, The Way of Shadows

so no, them being lazy isn't the only explanation. it is in fact the least likely explanation. from my experiences as an indie game dev, being lazy and being a game developer are two mutually exclusive states.

i would remove whiny scrubs

What happens when you manage to publicly show a Youtuber is wrong?

Quoted from "xFACTORlGaming"

No, you referenced something from your limited knowledge base on the subject ;)

Kind of hard to have this talk with someone whose top kills with weapons and vehicles is the v40 mini, mortar and EOD bot....

xFACTORlGaming proven to be illiterate and prone to ad hominem attacks.

To read more, come here. See screenshots here.

Quoted from "/u/WarlonX"

NoctyrneSAGA shouldn't be allowed to do weapon balance because he knows what effective engagement ranges are

Quoted from "Xuvial"

Quoted

NoctyrneSAGA said:
If high RoF weapons were easy to tap and burst, they'd win over low RoF guns at range. High FSM restricts High RoF to CQB as it should be.

Umm Noctyrne why are you even in a weapon balance thread? Quoting you:

Quoted

What I think about gun balance: If the gun goes pewpew, you have no reason to QQ.

What input could you possibly have on weapon balance with a mindset like that?
You have proven in the past you give zero shits about weapon balance.

If something is underpowered:

Quoted

people obviously aren't using it correctly

If something is overpowered:

Quoted

people are obviously using it to it's strengths

I mean responses like that could be considered borderline trolling, or coming from a politician. You have made it abundantly clear that you don't even believe in the CONCEPT of weapon balance, let alone trying to partake in a discussion about it.

I'm all for having input from varying perspectives (and meaning no insult to you), but your kind is the most meaningless. Your approach to balance can be concluded as "nothing is unbalanced in any game ever, people just need to USE IT PROPERLY".

By that logic it doesn't matter what devs change, because it will STILL be balanced no matter what. So again, why are you here? Everything is already balanced and will remain balanced for the foreseeable future no matter what changes, people just need to ADAPT - right?

CTE Gold

Quoted from "OberHonscho"

I agree:

Quoted

zeRezal said:
pls anything below 850 rpm is useless garbage

As for the dude who sais to bring the right tool for the right map: "Fuck you, I want to use the gun I always use for everything (scarh)."

I have thousands of kills with the AEK, ACE23, FAMAS & CZ3A1 and other high ROF guns but I like the slower more measured playstyle of the Scarh better. Now that the competitiveness of that gun is gone I am understandably pissed.

@NoctyrneSAGA Your highest killing weapon is the V40 mini and your accuracy is terrible across the board (LMGs are pretty high on your list bro) - just get all your assignments and 5 service stars and for the rest please please piss off.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (May 9th 2014, 9:33pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, May 9th 2014, 9:36pm

so,in other words:
cs5 best close-quarters/mid-short range SR
bulldog most highest dps in game
deagle=god's handgun(just wait for recoil to settle and you're good to go...)
mateba: another revolver like others

i hope they remove or at least get some extreme tweaks on the handguns,rest seems fine to me,after all the bulldog(or m14 or whatever it is,would have preferred the bullpup kit for the ak though) has the drawback of the extreme recoil,the cs5 the ridiculous bullet velocity and the mpx is just a good balanced gun.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff not related to BF4 that interests nobody

on 27/09/2014
29(30)th DMR user in italy(07/04/14)
rush mode score RANK:3617 TOP:1% OUT OF:387719
obliteration mode scoreRANK:2080 TOP:1% OUT OF:292522
longest headshot RANK:9790 TOP:2% OUT OF:566292
recon score RANK:8838 TOP:2% OUT OF:492566
score per minute RANK:17554 TOP:3% OUT OF:457583
handgun medals RANK:4534 TOP:3% OUT OF:220970

31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 10:04pm

And last but not least, the shield...fuck you DICE. (sorry, I'm losing it). I was optimistic when I heard about it, but know that we know it most likely will be a primary I'm about ready to lose it.

It's a gadget

If JackFrags had bothered to read a few pages further in, he would have seen that.

Oh good, thanks. I do have to admit, while I did check every page, I did speed read so..

Then what is the support weapon for DP? Maybe the Mateba was just a prototype for the SW40. Hopefully thats what's going on...still the Deagle is really scaring me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 9th 2014, 10:06pm

so,in other words:
cs5 best close-quarters/mid-short range SR
bulldog most highest dps in game
deagle=god's handgun(just wait for recoil to settle and you're good to go...)
mateba: another revolver like others

i hope they remove or at least get some extreme tweaks on the handguns,rest seems fine to me,after all the bulldog(or m14 or whatever it is,would have preferred the bullpup kit for the ak though) has the drawback of the extreme recoil,the cs5 the ridiculous bullet velocity and the mpx is just a good balanced gun.

Agreed about the tweaks on the handguns, even though I really see the mateba as being an utterly pointless addition.

I also think the CS5 should have a 58 rpm to compensate for the 59 DMG and suppressor ,but that velocity is pretty bad so...