Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 18th 2014, 2:33pm

You can keep blaming the game, or you could realize that the netcode is (mostly) fine and that your real enemy is visual recoil and bad aim (I'm not saying you have bad aim as a whole, but most "netcode" problems are in fact visual recoil and/or bad aim - try recording yourself and then watching it in slow-mo).

I am sure that that one time, where I say the enemy about to turn the corner because he was spotted on the mini-map, and I was already ADS'ed and started shooting as soon as he appeared, putting 3 bullets in him with my SCAR-H, only to die an instant later, without him leaving the sprinting animation, without seeing a bullet leave his gun, with no head-shot notification, from an AUG, was just visual recoil and bad aim on my behalf.

I am sure that just yesterday, when I shot an m320 to a guys feet hiding behind a pillar, seeing the grenade arching towards him, only to disappear once it hit the ground, and give me damage, just as as I see a team-mate pop in front of me, was also visual recoil and bad aim.
Or all of the times that I saw my RGO clear the doorway and make it to other side, only to get a bad luck death 2 seconds later, was also bad aim and visual recoil.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, April 18th 2014, 2:43pm

Whenever you die try to figure out why you died.
Netcode netcode netcode netcode netcode gunship netcode netcode shot from behind netcode netcode
You can keep blaming the game, or you could realize that the netcode is (mostly) fine and that your real enemy is visual recoil and bad aim (I'm not saying you have bad aim as a whole, but most "netcode" problems are in fact visual recoil and/or bad aim - try recording yourself and then watching it in slow-mo).

The effects of the way the state of the netcode can be frustrating, but I agree that most of what people call "problems" are trade-offs that had to be made in the face of the unalterable fact that everyone plays the game with (and with differing amounts of) network latency. Once you get used to the idea that the actions of everyone else have already happened when you see them (there is basically nothing that can be done about this), and that if you both start shooting at the same time, it really means that he started shooting first, and you adjust your play style accordingly, you die a lot less to "netcode." (I'm not saying I've done a particularly good job at this, but clearly some people have.)

@Witchalok: This post of yours I quote below hit the thread before I finished the one I am editing now, but I am editing it to include this quote because you can probably consider it a reply to yours:

Quoted from "Witchalok"

I am sure that that one time, where I say the enemy about to turn the corner because he was spotted on the mini-map, and I was already ADS'ed and started shooting as soon as he appeared, putting 3 bullets in him with my SCAR-H, only to die an instant later, without him leaving the sprinting animation, without seeing a bullet leave his gun, with no head-shot notification, from an AUG, was just visual recoil and bad aim on my behalf.

I am sure that just yesterday, when I shot an m320 to a guys feet hiding behind a pillar, seeing the grenade arching towards him, only to disappear once it hit the ground, and give me damage, just as as I see a team-mate pop in front of me, was also visual recoil and bad aim.
Or all of the times that I saw my RGO clear the doorway and make it to other side, only to get a bad luck death 2 seconds later, was also bad aim and visual recoil.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pmax" (Apr 18th 2014, 2:49pm) with the following reason: replied to new posting that happened during composition

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, April 18th 2014, 2:51pm

I said that it is "mostly" fine, not that it is without error. I haven't personally experienced problems on the level you are are describing since launch, but your problems sound like they are more related to high ping players/servers than the actual netcode.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Nov 21st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 18th 2014, 2:51pm

I got a lot better by watching youtubers that were good at BF play. For all the shit people give him Levelcap is a good player to watch, same with Matimi0, JackFrags and especially X-Factor. You can extract little tidbits from their gameplay. If there was one youtuber that you were going to watch to learn from watch X-factor. Other than that pretty much what everyone else has said, time your reloads, mini-map awareness, don't bite off more than you can chew, use your team and the suppressor(if you want). Also when picking cover make sure it covers more than one angle, that way you expose less of yourself. In addition make sure you have an 'out' from cover if it gets too hot, it's not cowardly to retreat and reform in better cover.

It just comes down to practice and the little things. We are all guilty of making errors on the little things from time to time. Usually my downfall is I try to bite off more than I can chew and PTFO too hard... the only guy pushing snow lane out of 31 players.
"As I walk through the valley of the Shadow Of Death, I have no fear because I am the meanest mother ****er in the whole valley"
- Gen. George S. Patton

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, April 18th 2014, 7:28pm

Xfactor is fun to watch but I can't stand the others. Levelcap is boring (it's funny how sometimes he talks faster, trying to counter that) and matimio must be the most repetitive youtuber I've seen.

About the topic, just remember there is a good chance of someone spotting you, so don't stay put for too long. But don't run everywhere like a headless chicken neither, think about your movements and never run carelessly around a corner.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 18th 2014, 8:11pm

Personally, I use teammates as distractions (meatshields). Let one go around a corner and see how many red triangles fire towards his direction. Then that gives you a sort of indication of whether on not you should even consider peeking. Fun fact, I once used Darktan as a sore of psudo-Active Protection on my boat for an entire round. His body absorbed countless RPGs shot at me <3.

We used to have a section in the BF3 forums where you could post gameplay and ask the other people on the forum to watch and dissect gameplay and give advice. I'm not quite sure what happened to it, but it might be time to bring it back with BF4.

Date of registration
: Sep 30th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Friday, April 18th 2014, 9:07pm

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

This was someones signature here at Symthic about two years ago. It was so brilliant that I adopted it for my battlelog profile.

The fact that "Rose" may in some languages refer to first name of a woman, doesn't necessary mean that I am one.
In fact, I find it amusing that nobody seems to think me as a flower.

English is not my native language, so some of my opinions may seem weird. Hooray Google translator...

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, April 20th 2014, 12:51am

If this hasn't been said-

Getting killed by someone in your vicinity shortly after getting a kill yourself will happen a LOT more if you're in close quarters.

1. Before you move ANYWHERE, keep in mind the angles you're exposing yourself to and if you know their current state.

2. Don't go out in the open unless you absolutely have to. The closer you are to a wall or a piece of cover the greater your chance of winning a firefight.

3. Memorize the popular spots and avoid them, and a line of sight from them. The less eyes on you the better.

4. If you're playing Recon or have a friend who is, spam motion detecting equipment before you go into a fight.

TL;DR:

Spoiler Spoiler

[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Date of registration
: Aug 31st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 10:21am

I got a lot better by watching youtubers that were good at BF play. For all the shit people give him Levelcap is a good player to watch, same with Matimi0, JackFrags and especially X-Factor. You can extract little tidbits from their gameplay. If there was one youtuber that you were going to watch to learn from watch X-factor. Other than that pretty much what everyone else has said, time your reloads, mini-map awareness, don't bite off more than you can chew, use your team and the suppressor(if you want). Also when picking cover make sure it covers more than one angle, that way you expose less of yourself. In addition make sure you have an 'out' from cover if it gets too hot, it's not cowardly to retreat and reform in better cover.

It just comes down to practice and the little things. We are all guilty of making errors on the little things from time to time. Usually my downfall is I try to bite off more than I can chew and PTFO too hard... the only guy pushing snow lane out of 31 players.

I like levelcap but the more videos he does the more bullshit he says about Bf4, mostly on his loadout videos,ugh these i cant stand those to much bullshit to my ears.
I find Jackfrags the best of "their squad" while he is funny (a little forced tought) and does some epic stuff and of course plays the better.

Either war is obsolete or men are.
- R. Buckminster Fuller

---BF3---

----BF4----

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 11:05am

I don't apply this enough, but when I do it works wonders:
You'll often find that there's only time for quick reactions rather than reacting to what you're thinking, but the trick here may be, first and foremost, to think defensively. Or: thinking in the name of self-preservation. This attitude means eliminating the one who is the biggest threat first - not the one you see first or the one closest to you...the one that seems to have it in for you at that moment. This buys you time for the second target (and then the third, then the fourth).

It's difficult at first when all you're doing is reacting, but that's what practice is for. Then just consider it practice all the time, the practice never really ends, and then it will become second nature through habit in no time.

Also, just wanted to highlight Dodo's second point, not to go out in the open. It's this kind of thinking that lends itself to a defensive attitude and keeps you alive which, honestly, is more important in a FPS than thinking about putting the target down since the idea is to come out on top.