Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "redserv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 3:24pm

taking out the second guy in battle.

Hello guys,
I am very much
interested at getting better at bf4,I am very competitive by nature and
although i have never played competitively i am always looking for ways
to improve my game,my question today is, "how to avoid getting killed by
the second bad guy" please allow me to explain what i mean. most of the
time in bf4, I play TDM, lots of TDM , when i engage an enemy i usually
try to engage them behind cover if at all possible, however i ALWAYS
get killed by someone else in the same area and i dont know how to avoid
getting killed by the second guy, What do you guys do when you kill the
first guy?Watch the minimap?,Run away from the area?, I would really
like to get some expert [pros] advice on what works for you, thanks in
Advance.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,917)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 3:28pm

Well silencer prevents you from showing up on minimap and makes you firing silent and hard to pinpoint (Questionmark here, haven't played BF4 in a while) so that could help. Other options are to move to somewhere else from the spot you fired and just hope enemy hasn't tagged you if you play normal. I personally just move on as quickly as possible in games when I kill somebody.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 5:02pm

I think by far the best way to do this is through team play. Either have or be (from the enemy's point of view) the second guy yourself.

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 5:52pm

When you play a lot with cover try to not over-expose yourself. It's something you have to actively notice. Then you might be able to get one after another.

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 6:05pm

OCD reloads, my biggest fault, accounts for like 30% of my deaths
so....don't reload, take your time, wait a bit, is anyone else coming? yes, finish him too. no, reload in safety.
*depends on how many bullets you have, the closer the foe the less bullets you need.

you can practise that with a gun with a very long reload time. QBZ, FAMAS etc...

also yes, where there's one enemy there's usually more.
if you find yourself often up close to the enemy and constantly running out of bullets in your mag, maybe use a AWS, it's like a mediocre assault rifle with infinite ammo :D
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

• "redserv" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 6:28pm

I really appreciate all this advice, you guys have been very helpful , and yes the advice about cover and reloading after every engagement get me killed alot, thanks again guys and keep the tips coming. :thumbsup:

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 8:26pm

Here's a few things that I've picked up during my gaming career that may help.

1) As mentioned before, don't immediately reload. All primary weapons have enough ammo to kill two or more targets in their magazines. (and LMG's.....well, its called a bullet hose for a reason) once you down someone take a minute to look around to see if you need the rest of that magazine.

2) Cover. When you take cover, make sure you're not exposed from the sides or from behind. If you are, dont linger there for very long. try to kill the guy you're shooting at and move to better cover. When you're running away from someone, like a sniper, a dude on a balcony shooting at you, etc. try and put something between you and him.

3) Misc Info. Understand the difference between soft cover and hard cover and use both. Soft cover is anything that blocks line of sight. bushes, plywood, tin sheeting, etc. hard cover is anything that will stop bullets. concrete, rocks, walls, etc. hard cover is useful for firefights while soft cover is most useful for trying to flank around the side of your enemy. Also, be very comfortable with your choice of sidearm and dont be afraid to pull it out. no matter what primary you're using, its faster to switch to your sidearm than to try and finish reloading your primary. A good way to practice is to find a pistol only server and just start blasting people. not only is it good practice but you get sidearm unlocks as well.

Well, that's all ive got for right now. let me know if this helps and if you want me to write some more. :thumbup:
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sir Sparhawk" (Apr 15th 2014, 8:33pm)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 8:48pm

Also, don't bite off more than you can chew. It's smarter to pause and take a look at what you're going up against. Check the minimap, listen to voices, spot from afar, etc. to get a basic headcount of how many people you're engaging. Once you've got a good grasp of their headcount, you can move in for the kill. I'm fairly certain that the majority of your "second bad guy" scenarios are because you weren't aware of their presence than not being able to kill them. Instead of just rushing after enemies, make sure you know how many of them are there and where they should be beforehand.

Don't forget to check your corners either.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:05pm

oh hell yes, always....ALWAYS clear the corners.
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

Lennox 203

Slow Learner

(306)

Date of registration
: Dec 11th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, April 15th 2014, 9:44pm

Biggest tip I can give is to not overexpose yourself. For example, if the right half of your screen is covered by a wall because you are about to round a corner (into a hallway, around a building, doesn't matter) and you see one enemy running towards the left side of your screen, only move backwards or strafe to the right. If you start to strafe to the left, you will give up the cover that the wall provided and chances are you will see your targets teammate facing you. If I had a PC I could take a couple screenshots, but this sort of stuff gets me killed all the time.

If you just have a bunch of guys in front of you with no cover and its just going to be a shooting match, aim for center of mass of the closest guy or aim for the medic if there is only one. That way you can at least stop the paddle train from reviving everyone once you are gone.
"Ain't nothin' soft or sweet, I lift you off your feet
When I cock back the heat, whole crews retreat"