Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 5:32am

BF3 had...
If i'm not mistaken, you have to land 4 hits to the chest to kill someone with an ak47 in counter strike, and 5 with the m4a1. That's almost normal mode standards in bf4. And 1hk snipers in that game makes sense, because the game is oriented to close combat, there is cover everywhere (which means opportunity to close the gap) and, above all, you still have a good chance to kill your opponent since a headshot deals massive amount of damage (the ak47 was 1hk sometimes) and throws the enemy's aim off, not to mention that assault rifles in cs are way more accurate as well.

I would say that 1hk sniper is balanced on counter strike, but not on hardcore mode (at least big and open conquest maps), and that plus the grenade opness is the main reason i don't play hc that much. Rush is ok on hardcore though, it actually has as good cs feel to it.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

• "Watcher-45" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 6:15am

BF3 had...
If i'm not mistaken, you have to land 4 hits to the chest to kill someone with an ak47 in counter strike, and 5 with the m4a1. That's almost normal mode standards in bf4. And 1hk snipers in that game makes sense, because the game is oriented to close combat, there is cover everywhere (which means opportunity to close the gap) and, above all, you still have a good chance to kill your opponent since a headshot deals massive amount of damage (the ak47 was 1hk sometimes) and throws the enemy's aim off, not to mention that assault rifles in cs are way more accurate as well.

You are mistaken. The AK in counter-strike was a 3 hit kill to the chest/torso and the M4 was a 3 hit kill in the torso and a 4 hit kill in the chest. Both would one hit kill to the head without armor while the AK would still OHK to the head even with armor.

I guess that is comparable to Normal mode, but the fact that weapons deal massive headshot damage in CS seems to throw the balance way off.

But the weapons in CS did not have damage drop-off like in Battlefield so you didn't have an increased BTK with distance. That makes their BTK on par with most weapons at medium ranges in HC mode...

All I can say is in CS and in Hardcore mode I feel lethal and in Normal mode I don't. Maybe it is the result of my CS background having me aim for the head when I can, my headshot percentage in BF3 was about 25%...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 4:05pm

Quoted

BF3 had...

You are mistaken. The AK in counter-strike was a 3 hit kill to the chest/torso and the M4 was a 3 hit kill in the torso and a 4 hit kill in the chest. Both would one hit kill to the head without armor while the AK would still OHK to the head even with armor.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Maverick_M4A1_Carbine

As you can see, 21-22 damage to the chest with armor, and no one ever ran without armor in counter strike

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

• "Watcher-45" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 4:23pm

Quoted

BF3 had...

Maverick M4A1 Carbine - Counter-Strike Wiki - Weapons, maps, achievements, and more

As you can see, 21-22 damage to the chest with armor, and no one ever ran without armor in counter strike

Subject to conditions. Battlefield has "defensive" as well.

Look, I don't want to turn this thread into a CS vs Battlefield discussion...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 4:29pm

Like it. :thumbsup:

As mention before the teamplay emphasis is really crucial; theres actually a lot of talking/screaming going on.

Shooting someone and hearing another one nearby scream "oh noez, we lost a man" really really helps identifying enemies.
Motion Sensors still help with the beep-bop (changed) sound when somebody is nearby.

A warning: On servers with unrestricted sniper-usage gameplay might become slightly frustating due to the OHK range (talking to you, Guilin Peaks!).

haha Watcher, that's my favorite aspect when pushing up in Rush "MAN DOWN!" "We lost a man!" "random russian/chinese". Enemies involuntarily give themselves up for the poaching :)

I think the hardest transition for core players is the lack of 3D dorito spots which let them run RDS sights 24/7 and just point and click into a routine of bursting with the assumption good mechanics = dead player. In HC... they rage sooo fast (on xbox live anyway) about how there's no kill cam or mini map (i swear half of them haven't discoveored holding down start) or about their difficulty identifying targets whether FoF or just not blatantly obvious resulting in think time = dead time.
Did you do a section on side arms? idk if i missed reading it, but the .45 ACP guns are top notch and nitched to play style. The Five seveN with a suppressor is actually viable etc...

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

Date of registration
: Feb 19th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 11:50pm

Awesome guide. I have a tip for vehicle repair engineers in hardcore. If you see a friendly vehicle that is damaged and needs to be repaired, make sure you press the button assigned for spotting while looking at the vehicle. It will let the driver know you are repairing his vehicle, so he's less likely to run you over :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, March 28th 2014, 4:55pm

Awesome guide. I have a tip for vehicle repair engineers in hardcore. If you see a friendly vehicle that is damaged and needs to be repaired, make sure you press the button assigned for spotting while looking at the vehicle. It will let the driver know you are repairing his vehicle, so he's less likely to run you over :)

Good tip!

Date of registration
: Feb 27th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 3:10pm

Incendiary Grenades. They burn through walls. Toss ouside of room. Damage person. Run into room as they are running from " 'otFiah!" shoot in back.

Want to really lock down an area? Drop ammo box. Throw incendiary grenade. Repeat.

'ot Fiah

also this overall covers things reasonably well. Dslyecxi's ArmA2 Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures Guide

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:01am

Did you do a section on side arms?
I don't think he did but I'm sure Watcher and I would say the same thing...

I've mentioned it in other threads, but the M1911 is the best sidearm for HC. Partly because of the damage model, partly because of the number of reloads you have with it compared to other handguns.

Also worth mentioning that the XM25 is a 2-hit rather than a 3-hit. Whenever people complain about snipers I always laugh and smoke the perp with the XM25.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:52am

Also worth mentioning that the XM25 is a 2-hit rather than a 3-hit. Whenever people complain about snipers I always laugh and smoke the perp with the XM25.

and it's a OHK if you hit them with a direct impact. IIRC LevelCrap and Matimi0 ran the numbers, and the XM25 AIRBURST and SMOKE deal 75 damage on a direct impact, and that's before the explosive damage, I think.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)