Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:38am

I love the bipod and I love using my LMG's as a full auto sniper rifle but it does have it's quirks. My biggest problem with it is how the deployment of the bipod is bound to the ADS button/key, it gets very frustrating and slightly nauseating to constantly zoom in and out of a 4x scope to just get the damn thing to set up, then there is also the problem of when you just want to ADS and shoot and your bipod decides to just deploy itself when it is not really desirable. It be really nice if the ADS and deploy bipod buttons were separated

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 12:45pm

the visual recoil is also a pain in the ass for bipod in bf4 : t88, pkp, just suxx because of it

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 7:38pm

Does the writing need to be that big on the OP? :P
Anyways, fairly interesting write up. Bipods being deployed on an imaginary nether plane BEHIND the wall you should be bipoded on top of is one of the more annoying things about them...The others being not being able to deploy bipods on or anywhere near a table, teammates being able to push you off your bipod and the visual recoil scopes have when bipoded :pinch:

Don't get me wrong through, I fucking love them! Especially on LMGs :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

• "Katana67" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 14th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 8:20pm

Does the writing need to be that big on the OP? :P
Anyways, fairly interesting write up. Bipods being deployed on an imaginary nether plane BEHIND the wall you should be bipoded on top of is one of the more annoying things about them...The others being not being able to deploy bipods on or anywhere near a table, teammates being able to push you off your bipod and the visual recoil scopes have when bipoded :pinch:

Don't get me wrong through, I fucking love them! Especially on LMGs :)
The images dwarfed the font, so if I kept it at standard font, it wouldn't be apparent. Likewise, just wanted to use the figures to demonstrate rather than go on and on with paragraphs like I'm usually prone to.

It's just the inconsistency that bothers me, because there are indeed walls (with the "seam" between the actual wall and the aesthetic crumbly bit) that can be used with a bipod. In-fact, it's probably better because you're more concealed. However, it's a very fine line between concealed and totally obscured. Which is what happens with a lot of bipod deployments on otherwise suitable walls.

The table I agree with, I think I've made it work on some tables. But some are sort of medium height where you can't deploy a bipod whilst crouched or standing.

With the "kicked out of bipod" thing, I think the rubberbanding/lag is more of an issue than teammates. I'm not sure why DICE felt it necessary to add to the frustration of lag/rubberbanding by doing things like kicking you off your bipod (that's been set up for quite some time) and "birdstrikes"/"mid-air-crashes" while flying a jet. You're already lagging, not sure why they felt it necessary to add an additional visual cue to that.

As with the visual recoil, again, I don't really want to delve into my thoughts on random spread (which to disclaim, I despise) but I think it's manageable. Any recoil that's entirely divorced from ADS "spread" if they must have it, reticle location, and sway (regardless of whether it's with a deployed bipod) is what ruins BF's shooting mechanic in my opinion. But yes, it could be toned down with LMGs.

Your racism against sniping pleases me...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Katana67" (Feb 23rd 2014, 8:26pm)

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 8:44pm

Yeah, the inconsistency does suck. Having to move around after you'd just found what should've been a perfect bipod spot cos the bipod won't deploy or deploys facing a fucking wall is really annoying :(

I don't think I've set up on a table once ever, the closest I got was one on Dawnbreaker where I managed to hover a few inches off the table whilst bipoded but I never got back on :P

See I don't think the being kicked off bipods thing has anything to do with ping/lag/whatever at all. Sure I've had my bipod be deployed then undeployed a couple of times although that's more or less stopped since I bound it to a separate key. However I've been knocked off my bipod practically every time a player collides with me!

We don't need to go into spread cos its got nothing to do with spread and I will admit it is fairly managable however that doesn't make it not annoying :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Sep 29th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:34pm

One of the things bipoded LMGs were great at in bf3 was suppressing and sometimes outright killing snipers, and generally pouring buckets of suppression/bullets on an area to great effect, but now with suppression not affecting min spread its nowhere near as effective, especially when used against snipers who are pretty much your biggest threat while stuck on a bipod.

Don't get me wrong, if you've got a good position in bf4 you can lay waste to droves of enemies at ranges where only snipers and perhaps well aimed DMRs can hope to reach with a bipoded LMG, but when engaging enemies who are aware of you and returning fire, your only hope is to see them first and hope your aim is true. And that's only for the first guy.

I can -almost- meet that effective range with the stubby and tap fire, without being reliant on the bipod which fixes your position and requires a bit of Pre-planning where you should position yourself next.
The one exception here (and the exact setup I used bipod with in bf4) is using a 3.4 or 4x sight with the bipod.
I don't think there's any doubt that if you're looking to use a higher magnification sight on any belt fed LMG that the bipod is your best option.
It makes aiming that high volume of accurate fire far more easier on distant targets.

I feel like when it comes to the LMGs, particularly the belt fed ones, the bipod should shine as the preferred attachment. And currently it's unrivaled in pretty much one niche setup, and severely disadvantaged in all others. Removing suppression from affecting LMGs on a bipod, or giving them bf3 suppression while on a bipod, along with vastly improving the bipod deploy mechanic to make it work on almost every surface would be steps in the right direction. Also the bipod accuracy while in passenger seats of jeeps and transport/scout helis needs to be made a feature and not what I assume is a glitch.

Edit: I come from bf3 on 360 where player cap (in conquest) was a fraction of what it is on PC and next gen, and that might be skewing my view on the bipods effectiveness from bf3 to bf4.

My top weapons in BF3 were the L85A2, the L96A1, the PKP, and the AN94.
That being said, the PKP was a BEAST with the Russian 3.4x (which used to be a red chevron and nothing else... :( now its a stupid holo dot type deal and takes up alot of realestate on your screen) and the Flash suppressor (which used to do something lol, though now i'm glad its a visual thing only like c'mon its not so heavy as to make hip fire worse) was basically a belt fed sniper rifle when tap fired. I could ruin kids on Gulf of Oman (xbox 360 high ticket servers were my fave), Metro at both the B flag and the A flagh, and especially on the dock map with containers on TDM (whose name eludes me currently).

Currently the PKP is outclassed by the 240b with the American 3.4, Heavy Barrel, and bipod at ALL ranges. It is a beast.
While some surfaces are frustrating (they cause you to do a 180 when deployed?!?! like wtf? you deploy flip around and are undeployd) you should just learn where to post up and have the best fields of view and the least chance of being knifed (troop movement awareness).

The only guns which should be run with a stuby are the 5.56 LMG's which should also be run with a suppressor if you are running and gunning.
"Reporting for duty commander" *Cue MEC loading theme*

Gamer tag = xESxMaver1ck911

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:43pm

One of the things bipoded LMGs were great at in bf3 was suppressing and sometimes outright killing snipers, and generally pouring buckets of suppression/bullets on an area to great effect, but now with suppression not affecting min spread its nowhere near as effective, especially when used against snipers who are pretty much your biggest threat while stuck on a bipod.

Don't get me wrong, if you've got a good position in bf4 you can lay waste to droves of enemies at ranges where only snipers and perhaps well aimed DMRs can hope to reach with a bipoded LMG, but when engaging enemies who are aware of you and returning fire, your only hope is to see them first and hope your aim is true. And that's only for the first guy.

I can -almost- meet that effective range with the stubby and tap fire, without being reliant on the bipod which fixes your position and requires a bit of Pre-planning where you should position yourself next.
The one exception here (and the exact setup I used bipod with in bf4) is using a 3.4 or 4x sight with the bipod.
I don't think there's any doubt that if you're looking to use a higher magnification sight on any belt fed LMG that the bipod is your best option.
It makes aiming that high volume of accurate fire far more easier on distant targets.

I feel like when it comes to the LMGs, particularly the belt fed ones, the bipod should shine as the preferred attachment. And currently it's unrivaled in pretty much one niche setup, and severely disadvantaged in all others. Removing suppression from affecting LMGs on a bipod, or giving them bf3 suppression while on a bipod, along with vastly improving the bipod deploy mechanic to make it work on almost every surface would be steps in the right direction. Also the bipod accuracy while in passenger seats of jeeps and transport/scout helis needs to be made a feature and not what I assume is a glitch.

Edit: I come from bf3 on 360 where player cap (in conquest) was a fraction of what it is on PC and next gen, and that might be skewing my view on the bipods effectiveness from bf3 to bf4.

Yeah, the inconsistency does suck. Having to move around after you'd just found what should've been a perfect bipod spot cos the bipod won't deploy or deploys facing a fucking wall is really annoying :(

I don't think I've set up on a table once ever, the closest I got was one on Dawnbreaker where I managed to hover a few inches off the table whilst bipoded but I never got back on :P

See I don't think the being kicked off bipods thing has anything to do with ping/lag/whatever at all. Sure I've had my bipod be deployed then undeployed a couple of times although that's more or less stopped since I bound it to a separate key. However I've been knocked off my bipod practically every time a player collides with me!

We don't need to go into spread cos its got nothing to do with spread and I will admit it is fairly managable however that doesn't make it not annoying :P

On the Xbox 360 my Bi-pod whether i'm sniping or using an LMG on perfectly flat ground ALWAYS undeploys or picks up because of lag and rubber banding its outright infuriating and makes me seasick to being going into a 40x zoom and out like 10x a second. The only other cause that knocks me off my bi-pod is because my left stick on my controller is worn and therefore i sometimes slowly move to the left and that causes me to unbipod or makes it impossible to deploy because i'm slowly moving left in the first place while prone... time to buy a new one (but i'd rather save for the xbox One). I've never had a teammate bump into me though even on op locker when camping the tunnels below the panopticon

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, February 24th 2014, 12:19am

That being said, the PKP was a BEAST with the Russian 3.4x (which used to be a red chevron and nothing else... :( now its a stupid holo dot type deal and takes up alot of realestate on your screen) and the Flash suppressor (which used to do something lol, though now i'm glad its a visual thing only like c'mon its not so heavy as to make hip fire worse) was basically a belt fed sniper rifle when tap fired. I could ruin kids on Gulf of Oman (xbox 360 high ticket servers were my fave), Metro at both the B flag and the A flagh, and especially on the dock map with containers on TDM (whose name eludes me currently).

Currently the PKP is outclassed by the 240b with the American 3.4, Heavy Barrel, and bipod at ALL ranges. It is a beast.
While some surfaces are frustrating (they cause you to do a 180 when deployed?!?! like wtf? you deploy flip around and are undeployd) you should just learn where to post up and have the best fields of view and the least chance of being knifed (troop movement awareness).

The only guns which should be run with a stuby are the 5.56 LMG's which should also be run with a suppressor if you are running and gunning.

I've had some luck with a suppressed 240 and a stubby grip (once I got used to it). Emphasis on "some luck", not a lot of luck, just "some luck".

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 24th 2014, 12:43am

@bitework
xD fix the quotes on that post.

But yeah a friend of mine does exceptionally well with the 240b Suppressed, Angled grip, and Kobra sight. Since it has such a big FSM and only takes what 2-3 bullets to kill that might be a better bet over the stubby's 15% spread reduction.

• "Katana67" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 14th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Monday, February 24th 2014, 1:19am

Yeah, I mean I'm happy that bipoded LMGs are still good. I think they are, even with the lineup of foregrips being more robust/significant.

The M240B with a bipod, Elcan 3.4x, and flash hider (or heavy barrel) still allows me to get scores like 41-1 on Gulf of Oman (even with the sandstorm).

Just, deploying bipods on walls is no longer anywhere near intuitive.

Your racism against sniping pleases me...