Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "jynnantonix" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:43pm

Annoying headshot mechanic

My instinct from playing games like Counter strike is that aiming for the head is the only way to beat a good opponent but in BF4 this seems to be a bad idea.

The soldier staggering when you land a headshot looks cool and all but then the next 2-3 rounds which might have also landed in his face go sailing over his head, whereas he still has perfect aim at your chest and kills you. I guess you could go for 2 body rounds and let the vertical recoil end on his head to finish him off but a) you might be too far for 2 body + 1 head to kill him and b) this just seems much to imprecise and less efficient than just aiming at the body.

So overall I my view is just close/medium range mag dumping into chest is the most efficient kill method. Agree/disagree?

note: only talking about PC here, dunno what difference aim assist makes on consoles.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, February 17th 2014, 1:55pm

Use sniper rifles if you are going for headshot, bodyshots for anything else.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 17th 2014, 2:40pm

Battlefield here aims for authenticity. Center mass bodyshots have the highes chance to hit and stop a target. Headshots are most likely more random with automatic weapons, and are rewarded by doing double damage. BF4 also has random spread mechanic making aiming for certain small spaces hard with with some weapn classes. Unless you are using bolt-action sniper rifles, you should aim for center mass and either let the recoil and spread take it from there to the head, or use semi-automtatic fire on for an increased chance to hit heads. Generally though you are right, body shots on the whole are the way to go in BF.

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, February 17th 2014, 2:53pm

I go for headshots at range with automatics. Up close I use handguns to go for headshots. I also enjoy when I'm shooting a guy in the chest and his character model flinches and "dodges" the kill shot and then kills me.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, February 17th 2014, 3:23pm

Despite looking "cool", its annoying. I've gotten used to it and usually do something like headshot then quickly drag down for a body shot. It's still a 2 hit kill for DMRs in this scenario. Every other weapon I go for the chest, except snipers obviously.
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 17th 2014, 4:34pm

Just one of all the ways whereby BF4 is shit. In BF3, you could take advantage of headshots fully. In BF4, you're penalized for trying to do so. It would be cool if it had the same mechanic that is present in CS wherein a headshot would make your target flinch and lose complete control of their aim.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, February 17th 2014, 4:57pm

Ohh, that *thunk* sound of a bullet hitting your helmet :D
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 17th 2014, 5:57pm

It's lovely! Fucking 1999 and they already knew how to balance games. "Are you good enough to get a headshot? a) kill b) no kill but ability to keep target under control"

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 17th 2014, 6:15pm

It's lovely! Fucking 1999 and they already knew how to balance games. "Are you good enough to get a headshot? a) kill b) no kill but ability to keep target under control"

I remember BF1942, where you could shoot off the helmet of the landing Americans. Looked rather funny.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, February 17th 2014, 6:41pm

Use sniper rifles if you are going for headshot, bodyshots for anything else.
As if there's much of an incentive to aim for the body... -cough cough ARMOR-
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)