Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

• "CobaltRose" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, February 10th 2014, 6:47pm

Player Appreciation Month Interviews: Linnea Harrison

Looks like it's time for another round of "Ask the DICE Developer." This time it's with Linnea Harrison, the main map artist at DICE. You can ask your questions here.

For those that can't view the site BECAUSE REASONS:

Quoted

Once again, we present a new issue of Ask DICE, where we let the community ask our developers questions about their specific fields of expertise. This time you have the chance to submit questions to Linnea Harrison, level artist on Battlefield 4. Linnea describes her role at DICE:

LINNEA HARRISON: As level artist on Battlefield 4s multiplayer, Im responsible for working with a team of people to make the multiplayer levels come to life. I work with artists and designers to ensure the levels are both gorgeous and fun to play. I have been in the industry for 6 years now and have worked on several action games, before landing my dream job at DICE working on Battlefield. Im looking forward to your questions about how we create levels in Battlefield!

Post your questions on level design in this forum thread for a chance to get them answered by Linnea Harrison. Remember that relevant, clear, and concise questions have a better chance of getting answered.

Please remember that this thread is for questions rather than commentary. Posts that do not contain a relevant question will be removed. Please ensure your comments are in line with the Guide to Forum Use rules [battlelog.battlefield.com].

The answers will be published on the Battlefield Blog by the end of this week. Thank you!

IMO it's probably going to be a same shirt, different day scenario, with everyone asking really stupid questions.

Thoughts?
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, February 10th 2014, 6:51pm

Looks like it's time for another round of "Ask the DICE Developer." This time it's with Linnea Harrison, the main map artist at DICE. You can ask your questions here.

For those that can't view the site BECAUSE REASONS:

Quoted

Once again, we present a new issue of Ask DICE, where we let the community ask our developers questions about their specific fields of expertise. This time you have the chance to submit questions to Linnea Harrison, level artist on Battlefield 4. Linnea describes her role at DICE:

LINNEA HARRISON: As level artist on Battlefield 4s multiplayer, Im responsible for working with a team of people to make the multiplayer levels come to life. I work with artists and designers to ensure the levels are both gorgeous and fun to play. I have been in the industry for 6 years now and have worked on several action games, before landing my dream job at DICE working on Battlefield. Im looking forward to your questions about how we create levels in Battlefield!

Post your questions on level design in this forum thread for a chance to get them answered by Linnea Harrison. Remember that relevant, clear, and concise questions have a better chance of getting answered.

Please remember that this thread is for questions rather than commentary. Posts that do not contain a relevant question will be removed. Please ensure your comments are in line with the Guide to Forum Use rules [battlelog.battlefield.com].

The answers will be published on the Battlefield Blog by the end of this week. Thank you!

IMO it's probably going to be a same shirt, different day scenario, with everyone asking really stupid questions.

Thoughts?

what were the questions and answers of the other "askdice"?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

• "CobaltRose" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, February 10th 2014, 6:52pm

@kataklism

Good question, I haven't seen those yet. Then again, it's a bit difficult to sift through all of the cancer posts that pop up on the Battlelog forums.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, February 10th 2014, 7:09pm

Here are the selected questions from the previous Q&A thread and the answers from Kertz.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 10:40am

I read about 145 pages of the "questions" in the ask Alan Kertz thread, it was horrible (particularly around pages 90-120 where people started spamming a massive pyramid post on below radar). I only saw about 4-5 good questions that were on topic with "weapon and vehicle balancing" and half of those came from symthic members. None of those good questions were answered. The questions he posted on the blog I didn't even see people asking.
Looks like he gave up and made up his own questions, or maybe he already
had the questions and answers wrote before the thread went up.

I don't expect these dev interviews to be legit since they are not even posting who asked the question.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 10:43am

@untamedone

Someone on reddit commented that the last question had been theirs, and the "How does DICE choose what to balance" was within the first 50 pages.

Stupid questions are a given, but I think we should step back in time a bit. Just a wee bit.

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies.

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 5:46pm

Hi Linnea, my question; Have you thought of a career in something else? because IMO designing maps is not your forte.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 5:47pm

Somebody should ask what happened to the person that made the Bad Company 1 maps, and what would it take to get them back.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 7:55pm

My my she's cute....too bad she can't design maps! HA!

Just kidding! Actually we don't know what exactly her role was in designing the game modes. The maps sure. But maybe someone told her: Design 10 maps.

And then someone else designed the game modes on those maps.

The maps themselves are quite nicelooking but the problem is they jammed all game modes onto one map with the effect that Rush isn't fun anymore and like 10 out of 14 TDM maps are plain boring.
Where did the vertical component from Scrapmetal, Operation 925 and Donya Fortress go? Oh right, the roof on Shanghai, cool.

Also I feel the maps are nice lookinug but a tad boring and lack epicness.
Why not make a map in a massive underground mine where you can fall into a pit?
Or in a dense jungle? I dunno just more interesting really

Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 8:06pm

Or in a dense jungle?

most areas of guilin peaks are like that.

but nmore than tdm it's rush... on bc1 it was terrible(spawncamping so badly that you literally could not even spawn,op.metro was completely normal compared to bc1 maps)bc2 was perfect,on bf3 kind-of-good but still very enjoyable on certain maps while on bf4 it's meh/bad.

i thought they learned from tehir errors in bc1 and wanted to get better,and they did so,but then starting from bc2 dlcs they got again worse and worse... what happened? change of desginer?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3