Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "CobraFury" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 5:10pm

Netcode: difference between players?

Hello, i'm just wondering why me and a lot of people, have a broken game, since last patch it's horrible, i'm playing esport but i'll maybe stop until a patch.

Some people, in public or esport, are just not concerned by netcode/hitreg/sync issues...

All of guys will answer: yeah stop complaining, it's the same for all guys, but no.

THIS

? Battlefield 4 - Biscuit - Montage #1 : Don't Bisss me ! (Accuracy) - YouTube

Now, can someone explain me why my game is so diffrent ? Do we have the same bf4.exe ?

I'm not the best player, well, i was on some top EU team on bf3. i had no problem with netcode like most of us. Now i'm just killed by every noob on public since last patch.

I thought their was no "fix" for the "netcode" with all this tcp/ip stuff, because it's runing udp, so i tried different mtu, but nothing change.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 6:51pm

well, there are some explanations.

1) this is a montage, designed specifically to impress. we don't know how much footage he gathered, and we don't know how the footage that he discarded looks like. chances are, everything in that video are examples of really extraordinary instances.

2) he may (though it's hard to say for sure and very unlikely) be cheating. take the shots that he took around the 1:20 mark with the M416. those targets were around... 50-60 meters away. at those ranges, the M416 require anywhere between 5 to 7 bullets to kill on body shots. a careful look at the ammo counter reveals that he fired... 5 to 6 bullets per burst per kill. while this might be caused by 1), but the likelihood of the M416 scoring the neccessary hits for those kills... is relatively low. in fact, at around 60 meters, a stock M416 in BF4 with perfect recoil compensation has around 80% to 82% accuracy. this means that statistically speaking, he'll need at least around 8 bullets per burst at that range to reasonably guarantee a kill. again, a more likely explanation is that he just got lucky and cherry picked everything, so we can rule this one out.

3) related to 1), is that he simply stuck to situations where he caught players out in the open and unawares. notice that none of those shots were terribly difficult to make. in every situation, he had full body in view, and could aim at stomach and chest in practically every shot. one of the greatest skills that a skilled player can develop, is to know that what they see on screen isn't necessarily what the game server sees, or even what the other players see. prediction and precognition are very important skills, something that's observable in the very best of any game, computer game or otherwise.

so in other words... what we see here isn't so much a demonstration of ridiculous hitreg (though it IS really good), but rather a demonstration by someone who's good at "gaming" the system to his advantage.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 7:14pm

Poor netcode adds a lot of randomness, which translates to frustration. Getting OHK, bullets not registering, the server wise alive-window being incorrectly calculated (0 hp bug), etc, are all common in BF4 atm. As tehmoriz said, those montages don't bring anything to the table because they are a handful of cherry picked moments. You can likewise google some videos on the awful netcode scenarios that you can run into and you'll see it's working poorly as a whole

I have my fingers crossed that the next patches will finally make for better infantry combat as I've seen some dev talk on reddit and the bf blog posts have mentioned "tightening the network experience". The reduced black spawn screen, for instance, was not a minor thing. They need to fix the random base spreads, the random bullets not registering, fixing the alive/dead window to balance the game for different pings and a lot of player animations being out of sync (not firing when he is, facing in the wrong direction, etc).
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

• "CobraFury" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 9:42pm

I know the player, eatch game he play this way.... And he's like 37-8 in esl war against verry good players,you know that feeling he's always seeing you 1 sec before you...

So yeah it's maybe just a cheat...

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 9:56pm

well the hitreg is being super in these clips, at least compared to what I have, but like tehmoriz said these are montage clips so they are the frosting on the cake. His aim is pretty solid tho and there doesn't seem to be recoil/spread whatsoever, then again I haven't touched ARs so...
That smooth aiming is do'able as an aimbot tho, but why would a guy do montage when using cheats and such?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 10:03pm

I know the player, eatch game he play this way.... And he's like 37-8 in esl war against verry good players,you know that feeling he's always seeing you 1 sec before you...

So yeah it's maybe just a cheat...

Well, that might sound crazy, but maybe if he's an ESL pro he might just be like, you know, really good? Plus it's a montage so he's of course not going to include those times where he gets screwed by the hitreg.

His average accuracy is around 26%, very good, but totally doable without cheat.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 10:04pm

According to the description, those clips are fom 4/5 rounds. Idk man...
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 10:50pm

muzzlebreak on all his weapons

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 10:55pm

Speaking of statistical limits, HB-stubby M416 @ 60 m, will kill with an average (!) of 3.8 bullets (455 ms) in two-shot bursts aimed to the head (incl. an excessive 100 ms inter-burst interval). When forced to chest-shots and 3-shot bursts, M416 will consume on average 6.5 bullets and kill in 686 ms.

=> he is maybe operating near the statistical averages, but that's nothing when he has to liberty of choosing any clip.

Although some (much) of the material was from situations where he was not shot at and had the liberty of pot-shooting enemies in the open, this guy was very disciplined in his shooting and had good target prioritization etc..

It's a shame that there were no gun sounds - they could be used to see if he was running a macro for the shooting rhythm. But IMHO most probably not - looks legit.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 4th 2014, 11:21pm

"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398