Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 31st 2014, 8:08pm

Full Auto H&K G36 - YouTube
one of the video i found on youtube about the g36c

feels like 750 to me.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 31st 2014, 8:20pm

Pump Slugs and their progressive nerf.
BC2 - 100-50 1HK headshot at range
BF3 - 100-40 No 1HK headshot at range
BF4 - 100-38 No 1HK headshot at range and body armor to combat so the whining little kids can eat a slug and still mow you down with (Insert OP weapon here)

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, January 31st 2014, 8:23pm

3) As a capable all around weapon, players have suggested the GALIL ACE 23 is over powered. Players of specific types, especially competitive players, will gravitate towards a weapon that can work in any situation. The ACE 23 is out performed at close range, long range, and has competitors at medium range. We see no need for a change at this time.
Cry babies 0 - Common Sense 1
Yeah, this bit I do totally agree with.
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, January 31st 2014, 9:29pm

Quoted

4) Below Radar has been a hot topic, asking why it was ?removed? from BF4. Below Radar was never a part of the original design for BF4?s locking mechanics, and while we have discussed allowing a low altitude state to cause lock on to take longer, the added frustration of being unable to lock on to targets does not offset the added danger to helicopters at low altitude. Furthermore, having a low altitude state only affect PASSIVE or ACTIVE radar missiles would add additional confusion, as it did in BF3 when stingers still worked on Below Radar vehicles.

While it isn't needed as a counter to most lock on AA, below radar is a necessity as a counter to all air to air missiles. Why? Because these weapons render all conventional lock evasion tactics other than deploying countermeasures pointless.

Against surface to air missiles almost anything can be used as cover to break line of sight, even a very slight rise in terrain. However aircraft can simply see over top of all but the very tallest cover. With countermeasures as the only real line of defense, you're practically a free kill to any other aircraft managing to get within 500m, halfway across most maps, during your 20s+ countermeasure down time. Below radar as a counter to air to air missiles changes that by making everywhere at low altitude function as cover. This makes things much more interesting, as altitude is no longer a pure advantage as it is now. Instead of being free hits against any aircraft within range, heatseekers force the target to make a choice, either take the hit, or give up his altitude to evade, making him more vulnerable to the opponent's other weapons in the process.

Confusion is no reason to leave out a mechanic that would improve gameplay. The only reason for confusion in BF3 was the fact that stingers originally were not countered by below radar, the March after release they were patched to be countered, then that September the previous patch was undone. Not once were the vague in game descriptions updated to reflect how the weapons work.

Quoted

6) As a guaranteed get out of jail free card, aircraft counter measures are only designed to allow a vehicle to escape distant danger, not to enable the aircraft to be immune to lock on weaponry. While this is a tricky balance, we’re currently happy with the reload times and amounts of counter measures carried by aircraft.

Ignoring the fact that countermeasures are far from reliable and nowhere close to a "guaranteed" thing, they are far too slow to reload. Their effective downtime of over 20s for either flares or ECM is enough time for a player with a stinger to fire every missile he can carry. Reducing the countermeasure reloads to 15s for flares and 17s for ECM would give both an effective downtime of around 10s, which is still enough time for a single player with a stinger to land two consecutive hits at ~300m, doing enough damage to disable a helicopter caught in the open without countermeasures. That's far from immunity to lock on weaponry.

10) Attack helicopter maneuverability is also a hot topic. We’re open to the idea that the Attack Helicopters could benefit from an increase in speed and maneuverability. At the moment, we’ve made tweaks to the primary threats for Attack Helicopters, and we want to see how that change affects the battlefield before we make additional changes blindly."

The only issue with attack helicopter maneuverability is the Z10w's speed, which is inconsistent with the other two attack helis. The Viper and Havok both handle well in their current state.

However those tweaks to the MAA are hardly relevant to attack helicopters. The velocity and range nerf to the 20mm will have a much bigger impact for jets that attack helis. Helis, being slower than jets, don't require much lead anyway, and the 800m max range does nothing but encourage the attack heli to hover out of AA range, which it will now be able to do once more, as it's gunner cannon can reach 900m, and TV missiles 1000m, both longer than AA range. Likewise the active radar acceptance angle nerf will have significant impact on jets, but will do little for the slower helicopters. The AA gun change is fine, but it should be accompanied by a similar reduction in range for the attack heli's weapons so that it cannot attack from outside AA range. Active radar changes need to focus on limiting its effectiveness at close range, whether accomplished by some form of alternate form of below radar (hefty acceptance angle modifier for low flying vehicles?) a longer delay before the missile's guidance activates so that it cannot track targets within a few hundred meters, or some other means else while leaving its effectiveness against jets and distant hovering helicopters relatively unchanged.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

• "HybridTheory85" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, January 31st 2014, 11:45pm

Good they dont touch the ACE 23. Way to many people shouting "its the new M16a3". Lol it doesnt come close to the M16a3.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:00am

The shotgun slug comment baffles me. Who the f*** thought that throwing consistency out the window and making pump shotguns using slugs NOT be able to OHK at ANY RANGE was a good idea? Seriously DICE, pump shotguns have one niche, close range OHKs. Hell, DART + Full Choke is far better than slugs atm. Oh, and the way buckshot is affected by armor is hilarious, it reduces its max damage to the same as flechette ammo, leaving NOT A SINGLE ADVANTAGE for buckshot. So much for buckshot every being a viable alternative to the flechette.

The Body Armor perk was stupid and I wish they would just flush it out. ><

Toshiro

I DID choose the ban life

(737)

• "Toshiro" has been banned

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:04am

"6) As a guaranteed get out of jail free card, aircraft counter measures are only designed to allow a vehicle to escape distant danger, not to enable the aircraft to be immune to lock on weaponry. While this is a tricky balance, we’re currently happy with the reload times and amounts of counter measures carried by aircraft."
Ooooooook DICE. Firstly, CMs don't work half the time. Secondly, a Scouts edge of effective range is 200m. If you want to be effective with them, you have to be in danger. And in maps like Golmud, you'll die every single time due to long CM reloads, your STUPID disable system, and the insane spam we call stiglas. I don't agree with a few more, but the people have already well enunciated it.
I'm a cat

You're all mice.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:05am

The shotgun slug comment baffles me. Who the f*** thought that throwing consistency out the window and making pump shotguns using slugs NOT be able to OHK at ANY RANGE was a good idea? Seriously DICE, pump shotguns have one niche, close range OHKs. Hell, DART + Full Choke is far better than slugs atm. Oh, and the way buckshot is affected by armor is hilarious, it reduces its max damage to the same as flechette ammo, leaving NOT A SINGLE ADVANTAGE for buckshot. So much for buckshot every being a viable alternative to the flechette.

Remember in BF3 how Slugs, Bolt Actions, and Magnums had a 1.25x multiplier (1.16 for M98B)? Remember the initial description for Body Armor saying that it "made the chest hitbox more resilient to damage" and that it was primarily for "countering CQB Snipers?" It was almost as if they intended for Body Armor to change the 1.25x chest multiplier to 1.0x which would have worked given the damage models in BF3. Then it turns out that Bolt Action damage models have been changed to 100 damage with no chest multiplier, and instead we get leg multipliers applied to the chest.

Basically, it seems that Body Armor was made with BF3 in mind instead of BF4.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:11am

Remember in BF3 how Slugs, Bolt Actions, and Magnums had a 1.25x multiplier (1.16 for M98B)? Remember the initial description for Body Armor saying that it "made the chest hitbox more resilient to damage" and that it was primarily for "countering CQB Snipers?" It was almost as if they intended for Body Armor to change the 1.25x chest multiplier to 1.0x which would have worked given the damage models in BF3. Then it turns out that Bolt Action damage models have been changed to 100 damage with no chest multiplier, and instead we get leg multipliers applied to the chest.

Basically, it seems that Body Armor was made with BF3 in mind instead of BF4.

IMHO there are so many flaws with that perk.

Hell, they touted that this game would be a leading competitive game. Sorry, last time I checked the competitive community likes CONSISTENCY, hence why explosive gear is pretty much always banned in PUGs/scrims.

The only decent thing it does is counter body-shotter snipers, but IMHO they should just scrap the perk.

A good replacement would be to overhaul the counter-knife system so that both players have to push a string of 5 characters in the right order before the other player to win the knife-fight, but the defensive perk lvl 1 (fast reflexes/last resort/etc.) would mean you'd only have to match up 4 to win the knife-fight.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 12:18am

"1) Players have suggested that the TV missiles be allowed to 1 hit kill enemy aircraft. While we initially considered increasing their damage to 90% from 80%, we decided against this change. The TV missile is not intended to be an anti-aircraft weapon system, and while skilled players may currently be able to use it that way, we do not find its current damage level to be imbalanced.

I can live with this. A TV missile air kill would add to the "epic" feeling of hitting it. But I can live with this as long as the attack chopper gets a different buff.

2) Players have also suggested that Sniper Rifle and 12G SLUG rounds be allowed to penetrate body armor at close range. The purpose of body armor is to specifically counter these kinds of threats, and players with these weapons have received significant buffs to accuracy to allow them to achieve close range headshots with higher frequency. Finally, the goal of 12G SLUGS is a long range alternative for shotguns, players wishing to defeat body armor at close range with shotguns should utilize the 12G FLECHETTE rounds instead.

I think the whole body armor perk is causing more balance issues than it is fixing it. I think this was a mistake to put in. That said, I understand why it's suppose to stop bolt actions and shotties from 1 shotting you point blank, however SLUGs are currently rather poor.

3) As a capable all around weapon, players have suggested the GALIL ACE 23 is over powered. Players of specific types, especially competitive players, will gravitate towards a weapon that can work in any situation. The ACE 23 is out performed at close range, long range, and has competitors at medium range. We see no need for a change at this time.

Best response in this thread. At least they don't cave to pointless whines. Nerfing the ACE 23 would accomplish little as the next best gun just becomes the "go to" weapon.

4) Below Radar has been a hot topic, asking why it was ?removed? from BF4. Below Radar was never a part of the original design for BF4?s locking mechanics, and while we have discussed allowing a low altitude state to cause lock on to take longer, the added frustration of being unable to lock on to targets does not offset the added danger to helicopters at low altitude. Furthermore, having a low altitude state only affect PASSIVE or ACTIVE radar missiles would add additional confusion, as it did in BF3 when stingers still worked on Below Radar vehicles.

Bullsh*t. The dangers to helicopters overall is already huge. The only reason Heli's haven't been the joke of this game yet is because of the Scout-Fortress with twin reps.
Attack Heli's still need significant survivability buff and this would go a VERY VERY long way.

5) Long Range scopes for DMRs were tested extensively internally before release. We specifically removed these scopes from those weapons as we found any class being able to effectively snipe was detrimental to the overall pace and gameplay of BF4. We have no intentions of adding those scopes to DMRs for BF4.

Bit of a shame, but I can understand that think that DMRs would become quasi-snipers when you can use scopes on them.
That said though, they would still be very poor long range weapons compared to Bolt Actions. And restricting them to 6-8x scopes wouldn't give them all THAT much more camping potential.

6) As a guaranteed get out of jail free card, aircraft counter measures are only designed to allow a vehicle to escape distant danger, not to enable the aircraft to be immune to lock on weaponry. While this is a tricky balance, we?re currently happy with the reload times and amounts of counter measures carried by aircraft.

Jet countermeasures are fine, since you can launch them and GTFO.
Heli countermeasures on the other hand are lacking. With mobility severely hampered as it is (mainly on attack heli's, but also transports). One does not simply turn around.
And the amount of maps that have sufficient cover for Heli's to make use of are well counted 2 (Shanghai and Dawnbreaker)

On top of that the countermeasures don't fully protect a vehicle. Flares simply last too short to be any real option for a helicopter; ECMs won't destroy the missile, you'll still get hit 1 out of 3 times.
And with missiles having these absurd acceleration speeds (Stinger hits a chopper in like 0.5 a second even if it's 300 meters away); it adds to injury.

7) MAA is too powerful against the AC130 and other ground vehicles. The reduction to the range of the MAA cannons should address the issue of the AC130, and at this time we feel that the balance between MAA and other ground vehicles is appropriate.

MAA vs vehicles is fine. It can only really destroy light vehicles easily.

8 ) Ground destruction makes vehicle driving difficult after significant combat. We?re happy that the dynamic aspect of BF4 has a direct impact on the gameplay, and at the moment do not think this is in need of any tweaks.

I'm actually fine with having some form of destructable enviroment like this. My problem is with these ditches being something tanks get stuck in super easy.

To be frank I think the whole vehicle handling in this game is piss poor. Tanks that slip away; Motorbikes that lose traction up hill. Hell the friggin' Quad is riding on tires filled with HELIUM; I get 3 seconds of air time just from hitting a pebble on the road, only to land into another tiny pebble that blows the vehicle up like it's made of 100% nitroglycerin.

9) Some players have been disappointed in the rate of fire of the G36C carbine, citing it being different from BF3. We understand the feelings of fans when their favorite gun doesn?t work in the same way it was before, however BF4 is its own game, with its own balance, and all weapons received various changes and balance factors. We do not intend to change the rate of fire of the G36C.

Wow way to miss the friggin point. We don't want 750 RPM because we're SENTIMENTAL to BF3. We want 750 RPM because it would be a good step towards FIXING one of the MOST underpowered guns in the game. And changing a stat back to how it acts in real life, which DICE normally is a sucker for, would be a logical first place.

10) Attack helicopter maneuverability is also a hot topic. We?re open to the idea that the Attack Helicopters could benefit from an increase in speed and maneuverability. At the moment, we?ve made tweaks to the primary threats for Attack Helicopters, and we want to see how that change affects the battlefield before we make additional changes blindly."

I'm glad to see they would consider increasing the mobility of the attack chopper. It handles as bad as the transport chopper, without the survivability benefits.
I can see how they want to see current fixes work out first. I'm a big supporter of small fixes at a time, but please don't let this water away. The attack chopper really is in a poor state at the moment.