Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 10:38am

Hello and welcome

Unfortunately it appears that bouncing is intentional. it does not affect your accuracy though, and yes it's goddamned annoying
Thanks paddyotool. A shame, but I thought as much. I wonder why the heck theyíve implemented itÖ Even if it doesnít affect the actual accuracy, having a visual misrepresentation that your shots are going all over the shop is almost as bad as them doing just that! And itís definitely more aggressive with certain weapons as Iíve not really been too bothered by it until I started using the QBB/Zís.

I hope they at least acknowledge and look at it. But Iím sure itís way down the pecking order if they even do.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,821)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 10:40am

My biggest issue with the gunplay in general is the visual recoil on some weapons. I?m trying to master the QBB/Z range across all classes at the moment and the ADS bouncing is ridiculous! They?ve all got some of the lowest recoil values in the game but the side to side wiggle almost completely ruins them. I feel the general balance between high and standard damage model low rate of fire weapons isn?t great as it is (still need to burst/tap low ROF guns from medium range anyway and too easy to do the same with high ROF guns), but this makes it even worse in my opinion.

I?d at least like to know whether it?s actually intentional or a bug.

Join the Iron Sight Tap Fire Master Race.

And this is me 2 AM in the morning.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it diesô.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jan 29th 2014, 10:51am)

Date of registration
: Jan 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 10:44am

technically, it already is. so really nothing changed. as soon as people let go of their ridiculous low sensitivity fetish, they'll find that the heavy barrel is perfectly controllable.

40 cm for 360, and I don't have any problem with control weapons with HB+Vert.g.

Date of registration
: Jan 15th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:01am

Join the Iron Sight Tap Fire Master Race.
Yeah, I've been tinkering with cantered irons which don't seem to have as much wiggle as 1x sight attachments. Only thing is, they're not available on the QBB LMG and my inner OCD doesn't like me having a different attachment set-up on one of my classes.

Oddly, the 4x scopes also have less visual bounce than the 1x scopes which actually ends up playing out the opposite to the 1x sights... With a 4x, it looks like your shots are all landing in pretty much the same spot when they're actually going all over the place!

Just head scratching, really.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:02am

DMR change : meh why not, I still have been bothered to test them, I have no grudge. Will wait for the fix to grind and unlock them.

Pumps : As said above, slugs are screwed by armor, and I always prefered flechettes or bucks. Still have not unlocked any of them (bar the first one), and if I was to use shotties, I'd probably prefer fast reload over pure damages.

MTAR : Will be able to get back to my favorite Silenced CQB carbine ^^

Inacuracy transition : seems logical that when you aim you end up with aimed accuracy, even if it's the max one.

HB boost : As Spectacle, I'd prefer a return of Velocity boost, that would compensate the recoil drawback and allow true use of HB as long range attachment.

Sync of animation ... I don't really get it ... why not make it so the aimed accuracy is "activated" at the end of the animation, and BA/DMR animation to take longer than any other weapon ?
IIRC Quickscoping is the act of pushing aim button then shoot almost immediately after since during that span of time you achieved aimed accuracy. If you only achieve aimed accuracy at the end of the animation, and that animation took 1s you're quiquest scoping would be 1s.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Rizn-Nuke

first!!! denied...

(458)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:10am

could you please post the contents of the blog entry here for those without BL access on school network? ^^
There you go

UPCOMING BF4 WEAPON TWEAKS

DMRs

1) Increased the damage of all DMRs across all ranges. Specifically,
damage has been increased at long ranges to allow three-hit kills
against unarmored opponents. Additionally, reduced the penalty to
accuracy for sustained DMR fire, allowing more rapid follow up shots in
combat. The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon,
according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage. We will
continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine
if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range
weapon.

Spoiler Spoiler

3 Shots at max range is just what they needed. I'm glad. Hopefully they don't overbuff it in close combat

Pump Action Shotguns

1) Increased the accuracy of pump action shotguns (870 MCS, HAWK
12g, SPAS-12, and UTS 15) while on the move and aiming. The accuracy has
been approximately doubled. These weapons did not have any available
barrels or grips that would allow a player to enhance their aimed
accuracy. This change should make the use of pump action weapons with
slugs much more viable at medium and close range by allowing more
accurate fire.

Spoiler Spoiler

Good idea. I already like pumps because they require more skill than semi-autos IMO.

Carbines

1) Reduced the long range damage of the MTAR to bring it in line with the rest of the Carbines.

Spoiler Spoiler

Seems fair

General

1) Adjusted the way inaccuracy is handled when transitioning from
Hip fire to Aimed fire. Previously, if a player began firing before
aiming, he would keep his hip inaccuracy while aimed, until he stopped
firing. This was especially obvious with LMGs on the move. Players will
now only be subject to the maximum aimed inaccuracy after the
transition. While still terribly inaccurate, this allows for
substantially more accurate fire than the old method and should allow
players with LMGs to panic fire in close quarters, provided they are
aiming.

Spoiler Spoiler

That's actually quite clever if, and only if they don't create new bugs with this

2) The Heavy Barrelís Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at
a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for
players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.

Spoiler Spoiler

Good. Heavy barrel needs a slight buff IMO. I'm not using it on any gun ATM

3) Synchronized the timing of the aim down the sights animation of
sniper rifles with their ability to fire with full accuracy. Players no
longer need to wait for additional time after the aiming animation plays
to get accurate shots. There is still a delay to achieve full accuracy,
so Quick Scoping is still not possible.

Spoiler Spoiler

If this is just a visual change, go for it.

Bullets may have your name on them, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Quoted from "ViperFTW"

"Pff, c'mon. You know I'm like the crazy homeless man who lives in the postbox, everyone ignores me but I'M GONNA KEEP TALKING ABOUT SHIT ANYWAYS :DDD"

Spoiler Spoiler

"I don't think I've ever moved THAT fast xD. Next time a bear's chasing me say he'll hack my acount if he catches me xDD" -Vip3rFTW

I've sat and came up with 3 theories about your PC, Rizn.
1) Its constructed by Satan and every so often it'll crash to a Red Screen that just says "Another must fall", which is your queue to go out, find a virgin, kill her and pour the blood over the beating-heart-like processor within
2) Its powered by some secret military/alien tech.
3) (My sister's idea) Its powered by the core of the Earth and is, as a direct result, responsible for climate change. Your PC being able to run the BF4 beta without crashing/lagging will destroy humanity

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rizn-Nuke" (Jan 29th 2014, 11:15am)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:16am

2) The Heavy Barrel?s Accuracy bonus now also applies on the move, at
a reduced bonus. This should give the Heavy Barrel a wider role for
players who desire accuracy while aimed in all situations.

i wonder if this is an actual bonus or just the heavy barrely stacking it's bonus to the moving ADS penalty.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,103)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:38am

DMR change : meh why not, I still have been bothered to test them, I have no grudge. Will wait for the fix to grind and unlock them.

Pumps : As said above, slugs are screwed by armor, and I always prefered flechettes or bucks. Still have not unlocked any of them (bar the first one), and if I was to use shotties, I'd probably prefer fast reload over pure damages.

Inacuracy transition : seems logical that when you aim you end up with aimed accuracy, even if it's the max one.

HB boost : As Spectacle, I'd prefer a return of Velocity boost, that would compensate the recoil drawback and allow true use of HB as long range attachment.

Sync of animation ... I don't really get it ... why not make it so the aimed accuracy is "activated" at the end of the animation, and BA/DMR animation to take longer than any other weapon ?
IIRC Quickscoping is the act of pushing aim button then shoot almost immediately after since during that span of time you achieved aimed accuracy. If you only achieve aimed accuracy at the end of the animation, and that animation took 1s you're quiquest scoping would be 1s.

On the animation sync here, I might add, that while I thought the BF3 system and your proposal therefore is preferable, because it caters towards a more mobile recon with BAs instead of one always aiming down sight, I believe that they are fearing the effect it would have when running with a BA and RDS or low scopes. Yet are they even available for the BAs? It is sensible, higher scope provides higher accuracy, aiming down time should be higher. Yet once scoped in you should have the accuracy you need for making exact shots, that is especially so for BAs of course.

I do not play BAs nor do I find the enforced playstyle desirable, yet I think that with the animation accuracy delay they are not creating enough incentive to use the Recon on the move.

Edit: The rest of the changes sound good enough to me, a bit less than I thought, but I guess we might see changes to certain weapons as well, but I think they might have went through the roof with the DMR changes as they just changed everything from damage to spread, which will have a huge impact and jsut goes to show how weak DICE acknowledged the DMRs were.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:41am

On the animation sync here, I might add, that while I thought the BF3 system and your proposal therefore is preferable, because it caters towards a more mobile recon with BAs instead of one always aiming down sight, I believe that they are fearing the effect it would have when running with a BA and RDS or low scopes. Yet are they even available for the BAs? It is sensible, higher scope provides higher accuracy, aiming down time should be higher. Yet once scoped in you should have the accuracy you need for making exact shots, that is especially so for BAs of course.

I do not play BAs nor do I find the enforced playstyle desirable, yet I think that with the animation accuracy delay they are not creating enough incentive to use the Recon on the move.

to make you understand:on bf3 i could easily put an headshot-quickscope with the sv98 and a 3.4 at an average range of 70 meters,i once did a 80-30 on metro(uncompleted due to ps3 freeze)...
so yeah,now it was extreme,but before it just resembled cod(as much a it may have looked like bf2 as well)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,103)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 11:53am

to make you understand:on bf3 i could easily put an headshot-quickscope with the sv98 and a 3.4 at an average range of 70 meters,i once did a 80-30 on metro(uncompleted due to ps3 freeze)...
so yeah,now it was extreme,but before it just resembled cod(as much a it may have looked like bf2 as well)

Yeah I do not like quickscoping either. I just think, that, compared to BC2, it was not that much of a problem, you need to be good to pull something like this off, I was never able to. People using it as a shotgun were a problem, but shotguns themselve were rather more useful than now. And of course the dominance of ARs was another balancing factor. It was ridiculous in BC2, but worked alright considering overall balance in BF3, especially with suppression around. You have to consider this as well, now the mechanics differ of course in BF4. Yet at least you have body armour (which is a stupid thing) which only makes HS a OHK at any range. Now I am always running armour obviously as most people do, and anyone with a BA that can put a round in my head at close ranges, with me moving all around, well, that is alright.

I belive Aenonar made a video on the inaccuracy when zooming in, that was crazy, it was like half a metre at a distance of 20m I believe, something dreadful anyway. Now that means for anyone trying to advance with a BA, that he has a severe disability at any range when not scoped in. Therefore it enforces an immobile playstyle. Now if the Ghetto shotguns return again I would be put off as well, yet now because of the inaccuracy there is no incentive for me to play with BAs at all.