Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "tehmoriz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 7:13pm

BF4 Player Appreciation Month

The Battlefield Blog | Announcing the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month

sweet. all pistols, nades, DMRs, and shotguns for free!

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 7:18pm

Meh..
Also Double XP again. I remember when it was special.

J0hn-Stuart-Mill

GW2 N00B... also old.

(1,952)

Date of registration
: Apr 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 7:23pm

Quoted

A Battlepack a Day
Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack.

LOLOLOL

Edit: More thoughts:

To me this confirms that all the major stuff is happening right now in Feb. What I'm predicting will be the "first major patch since launch" (IMO all other patches have been stability, connectivity, and all around stop gap measures to keep the game functioning as best as possible) Whereas this is going to be the first "polish" patch where we see some more major overhauls to the engine itself as well as hundreds of little polish issues.

To me it also confirms that Second Assault is very close, and with Premium getting it two weeks early, that puts Second Assault launch dates at Feb 4th or Feb 11th. This means to me that they're going to be pushing Premium really hard all month.

"For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. "

I could be reading too much into this but I predict one or two of the last to be unlocked DMRs is getting a buff back to BF3 levels, and giving away the unlock tree to get it is one more reason for someone to buy premium.

----------

I will say this, Dice's marketing team is smart. Giving out pistol and grenade tree (both frustrating) will get people to come back. Battlepack a day will also work. When they're back playing they get advertised to buy premium, and with half of their friends playing it, many will buy it.

Now lets just hope this patch is fantastic.
My father used to say, We find our true friends on the Battlefield! - J0hn Snow

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "J0hn-Stuart-Mill" (Jan 28th 2014, 7:43pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 7:40pm

Looking forward to accumulating another 100 xp boosts.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:02pm

Quoted

A Battlepack a Day
Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack.

LOLOLOL

Edit: More thoughts:

To me this confirms that all the major stuff is happening right now in Feb. What I'm predicting will be the "first major patch since launch" (IMO all other patches have been stability, connectivity, and all around stop gap measures to keep the game functioning as best as possible) Whereas this is going to be the first "polish" patch where we see some more major overhauls to the engine itself as well as hundreds of little polish issues.

To me it also confirms that Second Assault is very close, and with Premium getting it two weeks early, that puts Second Assault launch dates at Feb 4th or Feb 11th. This means to me that they're going to be pushing Premium really hard all month.

"For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. "

I could be reading too much into this but I predict one or two of the last to be unlocked DMRs is getting a buff back to BF3 levels, and giving away the unlock tree to get it is one more reason for someone to buy premium.

----------

I will say this, Dice's marketing team is smart. Giving out pistol and grenade tree (both frustrating) will get people to come back. Battlepack a day will also work. When they're back playing they get advertised to buy premium, and with half of their friends playing it, many will buy it.

Now lets just hope this patch is fantastic.
Good post, Makes sense.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:42pm

I'm particularly interested in the interviews and can't wait to see community spam of "how much are you assholes getting paid?"
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "tehmoriz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:49pm

"how much are you assholes getting paid?"

programmers: ~$80000/year
artists: ~$60000 to $70000
QA testers: ~$45000

no overtime for all three. work weeks of around... 60 hours easily.

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 8:50pm

I'm actually excited for this. Hopefully I actually obtain shit I want, although unlikely.

The shortcuts are exciting for me, seeing as how I still don't have 100% handguns unlocked, and I only have a few DMR's unlocked.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 9:06pm

At least they're trying to make up for things.

EA makes shoddy business decisions but at least they're good at apologising.

Those short-cut bundles are... interesting...
Sincerely, Kaiser Wilhelm II

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 28th 2014, 9:24pm

Wish I could trade my pistol or DMR unlock kits for Assault Rifles or LMGs.
Because those would actually be useful to me.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.