Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Exyia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, January 24th 2014, 4:30pm

Anyone else using the flash light?

was bored yesterday after finishing the SPAS12 410 kills (terrible weapon btw), and was messing around with my favorite setups to ease the pain I went through

and I'm kind of warming up to the Laser/Light combo - almost enough to keep it on. I'm finding the flash light useful as......GASP......a light source!

it doesn't have to be pitch black for it to help (like when the fuse box is shot out). There are so many darker maps and darker areas in maps that the flashlight is really helping me both identify targets, and see where the bullets are landing. I can see targets normally just fine (and I game on 3 screens), but the flashlight is definitely a help in darker areas if you haven't tried it yet

now whether I like this enough to give up my ability to turn it off, not sure. I'm fully capable and very active in laser management, so giving up the ability to turn it off is kind of bugging me - but then again, how many times do I really save myself? once you're spotted, you're kind of spotted for good usually

share your thoughts and opinions - but seriously, try using the light as an actual light if you haven't - not just a LOLBLINDFASEYOU. You might be surprised.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, January 24th 2014, 5:07pm

I've tried the flashlight in the locker fuse room but I just found it too narrow and sharp edges of the cone to *really* be useful in identifying people... The spot function is much more useful and even in HC you're usually better off not having a massive dot showing exactly where you are.. I often turn off the laser even when entering rooms so that people don't have anything to aim at.

I hoped the Laser/Light combo would be automatic based on your ADS state, which would have been awesome for CQ maps... And unfortunately the BF3 ADS bind trick doesn't quite work in BF4 :s

IR scope however is just plain awesome in that room.... :P

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

• "Ghost" has been banned

Date of registration
: Nov 27th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, January 24th 2014, 5:27pm

I use a Tactical Light on my M1014 and 870MCS sometimes for a bit of a SWAT feel. It seems to be effective as both a blinding light and a flashlight, although I prefer the tactical light more because it helps not give away my position as much.

• "Exyia" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, January 24th 2014, 5:35pm

I've tried the flashlight in the locker fuse room but I just found it too narrow and sharp edges of the cone to *really* be useful in identifying people... The spot function is much more useful and even in HC you're usually better off not having a massive dot showing exactly where you are.. I often turn off the laser even when entering rooms so that people don't have anything to aim at.

I hoped the Laser/Light combo would be automatic based on your ADS state, which would have been awesome for CQ maps... And unfortunately the BF3 ADS bind trick doesn't quite work in BF4 :s

IR scope however is just plain awesome in that room.... :P

very true (and annoying in locker where you notice it the most) - the light definitely feels more designed for throw than flood (if those are the correct terms from real steel, I don't own firearms, I just read a lot). makes me wonder now if all the lights have the same flood/throw.....

but there are lots of places that you don't realize how dark they are until you use a light. Seige of Shanghai Domination (or Delta building) is actually a great place. the whole eastern side that's covered in the shade of the building outside is WAY easier to identify targets quickly with a light. Zavod has lots of dark areas as well

and using it yesterday, I was suprised at how much easier it was to see the bullet placement/land. it didn't feel like guesswork anymore as you can clearly see them spark and hit the wall/cover when you miss

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, January 24th 2014, 5:42pm

This is exactly how I imagined this to work. Similar to the taclight.
Hipfire = Laser
ADS = Flashlight.

Shame that wasn't meant to be :P

That said; I use the flash light on a couple of setups. Most noticeably I use it on my shorty side arm; it's actually good enough to daze people on the fly and when I have to pull out my sidearm they generally know I'm there already.

As for using the flashlight as an actual light source: No not really, for a few reasons:
a) There are only a few places where dark is actually pitch black to me. (A good example is dawnbreaker with the lights out; in some occasions, not really sure what's the cause, it can turn pitch black in the building)
In most of those situations though a flashlight will probably give me away sooner than it helps me spot people
b) Q spotting is superior works about as well, without giving you away
c) In the dark the flashlight is actually somewhat self blinding. I think one of the issues is that it doesn't drop good shadows so when you shine a beacon on someone. You shine your flashlight on someone in front of a wall, the person turns paler due to the reflection of the light and the wall behind him is bright white as well. It actually causes him to blend in somewhat with the wall behind him. Long story short, the flashlight reduces contrast, so it can actually worsen your chance to pick people out from the background.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, January 24th 2014, 6:30pm

I've briefly used tac light and laser/light combo on a few guns, I found laser/light the most useful but I find myself in more situations where I'd rather have my laser off than wishing I had a flash light. Tact light I use mostly on pistols, but still experimenting.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, January 24th 2014, 6:34pm

Can't you make the laser/light function as hipfire and go to flash for ADS with micro management of the toggle, and or macro-binding?

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(374)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, January 24th 2014, 6:39pm

Bind gadget toggle to ADS, will work as long as you use toggle ADS (toggle ADS best ADS).

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(8,982)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Friday, January 24th 2014, 7:28pm

I only ever use the Flash Light (except on BAs and DMRs) since I'm going for a sort of MGSV load out. The Flash Light has honestly helped quite a bit in target acquisition in dark areas and has never been a problem for me in terms of giving my position away. It's not that hard to develop a sense for when you should turn it on and off. Even though people say that the Tactical Light gives you more control, it actually doesn't. As soon as you ADS, it will turn on no matter what. The Flash Light can be turned on/off at will.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, January 24th 2014, 7:39pm

Tac Light on pistols always seemed like a good idea.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>