Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 2:04am

Actually when I use a suppressor it makes me "feel" weaker because of the sound it makes when you shoot...

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 2:06am

Actually when I use a suppressor it makes me "feel" weaker because of the sound it makes when you shoot...

A suppressed MTAR's muzzle report is roughly identical to a wet fart, which is one of the many reasons why I haven't bothered to switch back to it.

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 5:41am

cracks up at mtar silencer analogy
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 1:51pm

when you're heavily under fire in super close quarters the minimap rarely gives away anything useful in those micro seconds

But suppressor is not for the players you're shooting in the back, it's for the other players that may be nearby and would be clued into the fact that they are flanked. The skulls should give it away, but they won't know exactly where you are. Without a suppressor they know exactly, and can come for you aggressively.
Swyck

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 3:24pm

A suppressed MTAR's muzzle report is roughly identical to a wet fart, which is one of the many reasons why I haven't bothered to switch back to it.

Sig'd

The lack of ability to use supersonic rounds with a suppressor makes them feel shitty to me. I'm also pretty sure they don't reduce recoil anymore so I see little point in using them unless I'm going full stealth.

Useful on PDWs and the odd carbine, but other than that I avoid them. There are so many anti-stealth mechanics built into the game like killcam/death markers that unless you plan on camping or flanking, stealth gameplay shouldn't even require firing. Just sneak past soem motherfuckers rather than emptying clips into them for once, I find that works a lot better for PTFO.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 5:56pm

I use suppressors in a few situations:
1)If the gun I'm using absolutely sucks (I'm looking at you, G36C... :thumbdown: )
2)If my squadmates have all decided to run suppressors (it's rare when you get that level of teamwork, though)
3)Because I fucking feel like it, don't judge!

IMO the suppressor's but sacrifices outweight the benefits. Sure, you get taken off the minimap when you shoot, but you still take a muzzle velocity nerf (180m/s on the suppressed JS2? That's almost airsoft muzzle velocity!) and a 20% nerf to stationary hipfire spread across the board. That and there's a whole slew of things that are meant to put a big-ass dorito chip on your position. It's more worth it to use something else with benefits that aren't countered by a T-UGS or some jackass playing Commander on his tablet.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 6:15pm

I really hate the hit in velocity with suppressors, especially when most weapons already have pretty bad velocity to begin with. This is why I use a flash hider on nearly all my weapons. Still keeps you off the map and hides the flash, but no hit in velocity.

And it doesn't make guns sound like a wet fart, an added benefit.

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 9:41pm

Only use suppressor with the spec ops class. Its so fun behind enemy lines. Just now i had a fun match again. Just harassing the enemy team at their own flags ( A and B)

Battle Report - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

@33ripper33

The flash hider doesnt keep you off the mini map. Only hides your flash. ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "HybridTheory85" (Jan 22nd 2014, 10:15pm)

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 10:20pm

I use suppressors in a few situations:
1)If the gun I'm using absolutely sucks (I'm looking at you, G36C... :thumbdown: )
2)If my squadmates have all decided to run suppressors (it's rare when you get that level of teamwork, though)
3)Because I fucking feel like it, don't judge!

IMO the suppressor's but sacrifices outweight the benefits. Sure, you get taken off the minimap when you shoot, but you still take a muzzle velocity nerf (180m/s on the suppressed JS2? That's almost airsoft muzzle velocity!) and a 20% nerf to stationary hipfire spread across the board. That and there's a whole slew of things that are meant to put a big-ass dorito chip on your position. It's more worth it to use something else with benefits that aren't countered by a T-UGS or some jackass playing Commander on his tablet.

and that is why i dont play normal mode as infantry

current silenced set up mg4 strait grip r2 silencer laser flir scope
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Jan 10th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, January 23rd 2014, 3:00am

@33ripper33

The flash hider doesnt keep you off the mini map. Only hides your flash. ;)

Yep, you're right. I had to go back and read the description again. I guess I never noticed too much before since I've been playing HC the vast majority of the time lately.

Thanks for the correction.