Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:06am

That's exactly why your comment about why the heavy barrel being the best attachment has no merit in this conversation. Me and the OP have both stated we play on Xbox 360, where, as we all know, recoil can't be compensated for nearly as easily as on PC with mouse and keyboard.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:08am

And yes, I am top 1% with the acw-r on Xbox 360 so I absolutely know what I'm talking about.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:14am

And yes, I am top 1% with the acw-r on Xbox 360 so I absolutely know what I'm talking about.

Flaunting this doesn't change the statistics, just as how Olympic Gold Medalists can say 2+2=5 and they'd still be wrong.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:23am

What I'm trying to say is that, yea, stats matter, but we are not robots nor machines. Our hands are far from mechanically perfect, meaning our aim is never perfect. This is even more pronounced on consoles, where a controller is much less reliable than a mouse is. So yes, statistically the heavy barrel attachment may be better on paper, but realistically, with the human element involved, ease of use will almost always win. Now, if we were robots and could control recoil flawlessly, then you would have to go with the statistically better barrel option, which would be the heavy barrel. But we aren't robots. Its pretty much as easy as that. Again, this is specifically speaking for playing on the Xbox 360.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:36am

such arrogance and stupidity.

fun fact: i was top 0% with the F2000 in BF3. does that make me a master of the F2000, or that the gun is actually good? no, and no.

That's exactly why your comment about why the heavy barrel being the best attachment has no merit in this conversation. Me and the OP have both stated we play on Xbox 360, where, as we all know, recoil can't be compensated for nearly as easily as on PC with mouse and keyboard.

it totally has merit in this conversation. you might not be able to handle the heavy barrel, but i guarantee that there's someone out there who can, or will soon can, and then reap the benefits. the same thing will happen on PC, though that'll probably happen sooner. people of the masterrace have already started to figure out that the muzzle brake is shit. today in a livestream of the nation's cup scrim (UK vs poland), i even saw a heavy barrel used on the ACE 52.

Like I said in my post, if you ignore playtyle, ranges etc then you end up with middle of the ground weapons that may not suit the player the best. By assigning weighting to the stats relative to the player and intended use, you can get a much more accurate prediction of the best weapon for that player. It makes no sense to ignore the subjective facts about the USE of the gun when determining what is the best fit for the player.

For example, consider that most people argue for high ROF weapons by claiming that they can overcome the high recoil thus negating that drawback. Well, if a player is unable to do so, then you have to take that into account in determining the best weapon. Likewise, if a player plays exclusively close-up, or exclusively long range, then these factors HAVE to be considered before assessing the stats if you want the best recommendations.

and none of that changes the fact that stats show you the exact performance characteristics of a weapon, down to every minute detail. you originally insinuated that weapon stats somehow do not show you the whole picture.

when you know the exact performance characteristics of a given weapon, only then can you hope to properly find the best match for any given player.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:48am

Because of the simple fact that you dont play on Xbox 360, you really shouldn't be arguing with me about this. And when I stated before about me being top 1% with the acw-r, its not out of arrogance, its because I wanted to show you that I'm not a noob when it comes to using this weapon and what attachments are good on it. Anyways, that is all I'm going to say about this. I'm done arguing any further. Peace.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:57am

Because of the simple fact that you dont play on Xbox 360, you really shouldn't be arguing with me about this.

i can, and i will. what you are basically saying, is that because something is physically difficult, it is therefore impossible. statements like that have a tendency to be proven wrong. it's a fact of life; it has nothing to do with consoles vs PC.

And when I stated before about me being top 1% with the acw-r, its not out of arrogance, its because I wanted to show you that I'm not a noob when it comes to using this weapon and what attachments are good on it.

being top 1% with a weapon is not a sign of experience. it merely shows that you've used it a lot, which has very little correlation with mastery. using it as a way to add validity to your arguments show either ignorance or arrogance. you decide which category you fall into.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 6:03am

Because of the simple fact that you dont play on Xbox 360, you really shouldn't be arguing with me about this.

i can, and i will. what you are basically saying, is that because something is physically difficult, it is therefore impossible. statements like that have a tendency to be proven wrong. it's a fact of life; it has nothing to do with consoles vs PC.

And when I stated before about me being top 1% with the acw-r, its not out of arrogance, its because I wanted to show you that I'm not a noob when it comes to using this weapon and what attachments are good on it.

being top 1% with a weapon is not a sign of experience. it merely shows that you've used it a lot, which has very little correlation with mastery. using it as a way to add validity to your arguments show either ignorance or arrogance. you decide which category you fall into.

I love people who believe they are always right and try to justify it by being quirky with their sentances. That is the category you fall into sir.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 6:05am

Theaha, shut it down.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, January 20th 2014, 6:09am

@achilles

You ever play RE5 or RE6? The amount of recoil in those games is comparable to BF3 and 4. It's still easy as fuck to control even on console.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.