Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:35am

But not trying to hate on you or anything man. I definitely get your point with the ace 52. I just prefer the acw-r. Im sure many people are better with the 52, but not me.

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:39am

But not trying to hate on you or anything man. I definitely get your point with the ace 52. I just prefer the acw-r. Im sure many people are better with the 52, but not me.

It's all good man; no damage done. I've really tried to get back to the ACR in BF4 because it was go to weapon for engineer back in BF3, but I just can't get the feel for it in this game.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:49am

I would suggest giving the ACE 52 a go. I really don't understand why anyone would use the ACR when there's the 52 (other than reload maybe?).

EDIT: I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that ^.

Reload and ease of use, the ACE 52 has pretty big FSM and vertical recoil which can be hard to adjust to. Although the low RoF mitigates it somewhat. I know I gave up learning the gun after a couple hundred kills.

Also of note is the 20% lower muzzle velocity.

The ACR in BF3 had a funky damage model that made it pretty unique, here it's stats are fairly in line with other carbines.

• "clarkkent434" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Monday, January 20th 2014, 1:15am

Well, seeing as I am top 1% with the acw-r, and that you also like the acw-r, I would suggest to stick with that. Once you get a good feel for it, its very hard to beat. You have a clear advantage over almost any gun in the game at close to medium range, so learn to use that wisely. Don't try to get in long range engagements with anyone because regardless if you win or lose that battle, it will take too long and you will most likely end up dying from somebody else than who you are even firing at in the first place. So, use the gun to its strengths, and you will love it in no time.
I just put 3 more star on the MTAR and I think I agree with you on ACW-R. I got to figure out if I like the heavy barrel on it or not.

Interesting that me and you are on the same platform. Maybe we could game together.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 1:33am

Well, seeing as I am top 1% with the acw-r, and that you also like the acw-r, I would suggest to stick with that. Once you get a good feel for it, its very hard to beat. You have a clear advantage over almost any gun in the game at close to medium range, so learn to use that wisely. Don't try to get in long range engagements with anyone because regardless if you win or lose that battle, it will take too long and you will most likely end up dying from somebody else than who you are even firing at in the first place. So, use the gun to its strengths, and you will love it in no time.
I just put 3 more star on the MTAR and I think I agree with you on ACW-R. I got to figure out if I like the heavy barrel on it or not.

Interesting that me and you are on the same platform. Maybe we could game together.

yea for sure. just add me. This All Day is my gamertag. Just so you know, I only play hardcore team deathmatch. I dont like conquest, i get too bored. And also, don't use the heavy barrel on the acw-r. It's not a useful option on that gun in any way lol. My personal setup is no accessory, muzzle brake, and angled foregrip. Works very solid for me.

Date of registration
: Sep 23rd 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 3:22am

Stats can only go so far to determining the "best gun". They can identify strong discrepancies and outclassed weapons, but when stat differences are significant (like between the pp200 and CZ, or ACR vs AKU), they don't offer much in the way of help. For instance, many people give too much credence to the TTK stat. While it is important, they ignore controlability in favor of it. Likewise, some people just look at recoil, and ignore TTK.

that's not an issue with using stats, but rather using stats incorrectly, or not considering the whole picture.

done properly, stats can be used to determine the best weapon with 100% certainty.

That's just not true, since there will always be tradeoffs (except in cases of poor game balancing) and subjective factors at play. Stats can tell you a lot, to be sure, but a comparison between types of weapons in a class (not to mention between classes) is too reliant on subjective features to be answered. Playstyle, player control, range of conflict etc all must be decided before we analyze stats.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, January 20th 2014, 3:49am

That's just not true, since there will always be tradeoffs (except in cases of poor game balancing) and subjective factors at play. Stats can tell you a lot, to be sure, but a comparison between types of weapons in a class (not to mention between classes) is too reliant on subjective features to be answered. Playstyle, player control, range of conflict etc all must be decided before we analyze stats.

how is it not true?

there are guns in each category that are the best or close to being the best in most categories, all fitting a wide variety of playstyles. stats can tell you what those weapons are before you even fire a single bullet.

human beings are unreliable and prone to errors, especially when trying to operate on "feel". after all:

And also, don't use the heavy barrel on the acw-r. It's not a useful option on that gun in any way lol. My personal setup is no accessory, muzzle brake, and angled foregrip. Works very solid for me.

this is what happens when you don't pay attention to stats and just to operate on "feel". you end up with a loadout that castrates the weapon in three different ways.

despite all those "hurrdurr heavy barrel not worf it!" comments, it is the only barrel attachment that can increase your weapon's headshot accuracy at medium range. on the ACE23 for example, the heavy barrel alone increases headshot accuracy by a whooping 40% at 30 meters, using a 5 round burst. in fact, your chance of stringing two headshots in a burst at that range is absolutely minuscule without the heavy barrel. all of this is even more true on the ACWR, being that it is a carbine, and heavy barrel is stronger on carbines due to their higher base spread.

Date of registration
: Sep 23rd 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 4:06am

how is it not true?

there are guns in each category that are the best or close to being the best in most categories, all fitting a wide variety of playstyles. stats can tell you what those weapons are before you even fire a single bullet.

human beings are unreliable and prone to errors, especially when trying to operate on "feel". after all:

Like I said in my post, if you ignore playtyle, ranges etc then you end up with middle of the ground weapons that may not suit the player the best. By assigning weighting to the stats relative to the player and intended use, you can get a much more accurate prediction of the best weapon for that player. It makes no sense to ignore the subjective facts about the USE of the gun when determining what is the best fit for the player.

For example, consider that most people argue for high ROF weapons by claiming that they can overcome the high recoil thus negating that drawback. Well, if a player is unable to do so, then you have to take that into account in determining the best weapon. Likewise, if a player plays exclusively close-up, or exclusively long range, then these factors HAVE to be considered before assessing the stats if you want the best recommendations.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 4:51am

how is it not true?

And also, don't use the heavy barrel on the acw-r. It's not a useful option on that gun in any way lol. My personal setup is no accessory, muzzle brake, and angled foregrip. Works very solid for me.

this is what happens when you don't pay attention to stats and just to operate on "feel". you end up with a loadout that castrates the weapon in three different ways.

despite all those "hurrdurr heavy barrel not worf it!" comments, it is the only barrel attachment that can increase your weapon's headshot accuracy at medium range. on the ACE23 for example, the heavy barrel alone increases headshot accuracy by a whooping 40% at 30 meters, using a 5 round burst. in fact, your chance of stringing two headshots in a burst at that range is absolutely minuscule without the heavy barrel. all of this is even more true on the ACWR, being that it is a carbine, and heavy barrel is stronger on carbines due to their higher base spread.

Lol, ok man. You slap on that heavy barrel on the acw-r and I guarantee you won't hit the broad side of a barn. Go ahead and use your "heavy barrel equals more headshots" math, because if you come at me trying to aim for headshots, I will already have 5 bullets in your chest. I am a monster with the acw, and the heavy barrel has been on it for approximately 2 minutes before I shut my Xbox off in horror of how much recoil it adds to that gun.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:02am

Quoted

how is it not true?

Lol, ok man. You slap on that heavy barrel on the acw-r and I guarantee you won't hit the broad side of a barn. Go ahead and use your "heavy barrel equals more headshots" math, because if you come at me trying to aim for headshots, I will already have 5 bullets in your chest. I am a monster with the acw, and the heavy barrel has been on it for approximately 2 minutes before I shut my Xbox off in horror of how much recoil it adds to that gun.

Mouse and keyboard says hello. I have no problems hitting targets with a heavy barrel on the acwr, and unlike the "hurrdurr 60cm for 360" crowd, I can handle the recoil without my mouse flying off the desk.

And even if I run into you in some strange parallel universe where console and PC can play together, I'll probably win automatically due to mouse and keyboard.

So much for your guarantee.