Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "clarkkent434" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 8:39pm

Finding the Best Gun

I so I have been lurking around and learned a lot. So now I am asking for some advice. I am trying to figure out what weapon would best so me with my play style. I had this issue in BF3 until I found G3A3. What I struggle with is do I go weapon that fit my play style of aggressive. I do use carbines as the main weapons on everything. Why? I learn something from a battlefield pro player that is muscle memory is key to being a very good player and to use the same weapon over and over till you memorize the recoil. S here are my top 3 and some point I am consider about them and stat. Remember I am a console player so my accuracy might be different and I play support as my primary class.

MTAR-easy to manage for me. GreatTTK have to be careful of the reload, Best Stat of the three.
ACW-R-Highest headshot%, Quickest reload.
SG553-easiest to fire and manage recoil. Feel the best out of the three, Highest KPM, Does KPM matter?

Name Top Time Kills Headshots HK % Kpm Shots Hits Accuracy %
ACW-R 5% 08:24:41 822 166 20% 1.63 26,124 4,171 16%
SG553 7% 04:51:50 531 101 19% 1.82 15,931 2,915 18%
MTAR-21 40% 03:30:24 289 53 18% 1.37 9,126 1,401 15%

My full stat are here. Clarkkent434 - BF4 Player stats
So what do I pick a Gun for Stat, accuracy, feel and KPM? And how did you pick you best gun.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "clarkkent434" (Jan 19th 2014, 9:08pm)

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:01pm

Can you make your font colour closer to background so it is impossible to read unless highlighted?

P.S. You pick a gun based on guns' stats, not on your performance stats.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:06pm

Can you make your font colour closer to background so it is impossible to read unless highlighted?

P.S. You pick a gun based on guns' stats, not on your performance stats.
I change the font color.

The way you I have not thought of that. But it make since.

Date of registration
: Sep 23rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:13pm

Stats can only go so far to determining the "best gun". They can identify strong discrepancies and outclassed weapons, but when stat differences are significant (like between the pp200 and CZ, or ACR vs AKU), they don't offer much in the way of help. For instance, many people give too much credence to the TTK stat. While it is important, they ignore controlability in favor of it. Likewise, some people just look at recoil, and ignore TTK.

First determine playstyle. Do you like fast firing-magdump weapons or longer range lasers? High damage or large magazines. Stats alone can't decide these factors. Now you have identified a subset of weapons with which to do an in-depth comparison. You aren't going to get any help from stats before you set some parameters by which you judge the weapons.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 9:31pm

Stats can only go so far to determining the "best gun". They can identify strong discrepancies and outclassed weapons, but when stat differences are significant (like between the pp200 and CZ, or ACR vs AKU), they don't offer much in the way of help. For instance, many people give too much credence to the TTK stat. While it is important, they ignore controlability in favor of it. Likewise, some people just look at recoil, and ignore TTK.

that's not an issue with using stats, but rather using stats incorrectly, or not considering the whole picture.

done properly, stats can be used to determine the best weapon with 100% certainty.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 11:29pm

First determine playstyle. Do you like fast firing-magdump weapons or longer range lasers? High damage or large magazines. Stats alone can't decide these factors. Now you have identified a subset of weapons with which to do an in-depth comparison. You aren't going to get any help from stats before you set some parameters by which you judge the weapons.
Fast firing-magdump weapons are the weapons I stick too. Getting some mid-range fire is a plus,

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 11:40pm

Well, seeing as I am top 1% with the acw-r, and that you also like the acw-r, I would suggest to stick with that. Once you get a good feel for it, its very hard to beat. You have a clear advantage over almost any gun in the game at close to medium range, so learn to use that wisely. Don't try to get in long range engagements with anyone because regardless if you win or lose that battle, it will take too long and you will most likely end up dying from somebody else than who you are even firing at in the first place. So, use the gun to its strengths, and you will love it in no time.

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:02am

If I picked a gun on stats I would have never used the A-91, which coincidentally has replaced the M-tar(2.3) as my highest KPM after 500kills with 2.4KPM

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:17am

I would suggest giving the ACE 52 a go. I really don't understand why anyone would use the ACR when there's the 52 (other than reload maybe?).

EDIT: I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that ^.

Date of registration
: Feb 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:33am

I would suggest giving the ACE 52 a go. I really don't understand why anyone would use the ACR when there's the 52 (other than reload maybe?).

EDIT: I'm sure I'm gonna get a lot of hate for that ^.

well one good reason is rate of fire. I know the ace 52 has higher damage, but what it doesnt have is the ability to throw down 3-4 bullets in an instant when bursting like the acw-r has because of its insane rate of fire. It is much easier to hit someone with 3-4 bullets accurately without too much recoil in less than a second with the acw-r than it is with the ace 52 simply because it spurts out bullets very fast, and that can mean all the difference in the world.