Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:06pm

If only we could get this input across to some of the youtubers like Levelcap, JackFrags, Xfactor, Matimio etc.

Its seems that they actually know some DICE devs and some of the devs check out their videos.

oh dear god

don't start this bro

don't do this

Constructive advice is welcome. If you know of any other ways to create awareness, please let us know.

Don't just be a douchebag bro

Don't do this

Youtubers are not exactly known for their accurate statements. They are popular, but that's it. Popularity is, in no way, an indication of quality. Enlisting them to address certain issues into the game can go wrong in a WHOLE lotta ways

to put things into perspective, we're talking about people who say the scar-h and sar-21 are long-range weapons and promote the use of the muzzle break for accuracy, while we have the stats publicly available to anyone who wants them
I do not trust them with anything more sophisticated than "what is 1 + 1?"

I've got to second sheepy on this. YTers produce good tips&tricks kind of stuff occasionally, but most of their production is useless (from the game-play point-of-view in stating obvious or exclusively opinion-based issues, like these "review of every gun in BF" series where every second gun is 'probably the best') or detrimental (from the game-mechanics misinformation point-of-view). They do what they do to get views and everybody knows that if you need to produce a 5-10 minute video once in a day or a few, you are not going to have the deepest levels of intellectual exercise there. Tl;dr, much of the hardcore-YTer stuff is retarded but what do I care, it's not that I would be forced to watch them.

On-topic, I'm enjoying BF4 a lot, and I'm mostly playing infantry so not a vehicle-ho perspective. The frustrations with BF4 'netcode' I see, but they were there in BF3 as well. Most of the other reasons stated here to dislike BF4 appear to me minority issues rather than gamebreakers. BF4 is different from its predecessors and in many respects more tactical and less arcade-like, and calls for players to evolve as well. Well, after the king of arcade games, BFBC2, BF3 in all it's negativity and depressiveness (as desaturated blue-hued rainy realism) was a big disappointment for the first months.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:27pm

I played over 1800hrs of BF3 in my time and was looking forward to BF4 like a 10 year old looks forward to Christmas. Unfortunately the only really fun things I have found in BF4 so far is the items that were glitched ie uCAV and heli flares / tv's before nerf. Having gone back to BF3 even though I said I wouldn't because it would make Bf4 seem even worse, I have rediscovered fun while playing. Playing 64 man Metro I have laughing my head off, had fun, felt bullets hit and been able to react to gunfights. In BF4 infantry play is slow, boring and so random there is almost no point ever going on foot.

We have the BF4 bug list thread, I propose we close that and make a things that work in BF4 thread...we may even fill 1 page :'(
theaha for president!!!

"RIP Flare Glitch. 10/1/13-11/25/13. The game will never be the same without you." - Labby

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 20th 2014, 12:35pm

Going back to BF3!?

Heck, I'm playing BFBC2 again!
Lemmings be lemmings

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 1:23pm

I still find BF4 to be a great game. There are many more of these awkward BF moments and it just looks great. I could spend hours just walking through the maps in astonishment. Yet the issues are severe compared to BF3, ands I can not remember having any comparable problems in the end of 2011. I sure did get killed a lot behind corners in BF3 but I never minded it. I had a lot of kills where I thought the last bullet magically turned a corner, but it never hurt my gameplay experience, if I played on decent servers with a decent ping.

Now I do not feel like I am getting killed around corners that often in BF4, but I experience a lot of other issues that do hurt my enjoyment, yet only when playing infantry. The thing is, every round feels different, and I can not put my finger on a certain problem BF4 has, sometimes it is hits not registering, or hit indicators not showing, other times people are putting a whole mag into me and I am not dying, then again the server stutters, or people are warping around when vaulting or running. And in the combination of these things BF4 just feels, awkward. It is a feeling and can not really pinned down to a single issue, and that is a difference between the smooth running BF3, where the only problem sometimes is being shot behind cover from your view.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 1:48pm

The thing is, every round feels different,...

This, although not very often, amazes me as well, and is the most off-putting feature of BF4 (and was present in BF3 as well). For example, yesterday at Guilin CQ noobing around with MB-SCAR-H :rolleyes: the round ended 19-4, and I felt that every bullet that looked like they hit, actually hit. No magical OHKs, not me being invincible, just basic solid gameplay where what you see is what you get. Next round, same server, same enemies, ping < 40 ms, no rubberbanding, no apparent lag, no extra shit and now it is nigh impossible to kill anyone. Clear close range, perfectly aimed and bursted from standing, what should be 3-shot kills, consume 10 bullets and do zero damage. Ok, quit, next server and its the same there. Rage and bedtime...
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 20th 2014, 4:26pm

It's weird how people have such different enjoyment experiences of a game. I for one love BF4 but hated BF3. I really really tried to like BF3 but for some reason I ALWAYS ended in a rage after 20 minutes or so. In BF4 I've yet to get angry. It's the same in BC2 where I just have fun even if dying a lot. If I had to change something on BF4, I would say make the maps smaller like BC2 and lower the flag count. I think there would be a lot more fun if all maps were 5 points max for 64 man servers.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, January 20th 2014, 5:47pm

If only we could get this input across to some of the youtubers like Levelcap, JackFrags, Xfactor, Matimio etc.
No. Just no. Letting the 'Tube-mentators weigh in here is as bad as.... Well, shit. I can't think of anything worse than that. This fact scares me. 8|
...Though, Atm I am just waiting for next DLC and looking forward to Titanfall
One of my friends got his hands on one of the alpha codes for Titanfall. Not going to disclose anything (don't wanna be that guy that leaks a game's secrets out to the world), but even in the alpha stage the game looks amazing. Certainly gonna pick it up, especially since -- WHOOPS!! Almost spilled the secret!

On-topic: I can definitely relate to this. The sprinting ramp-up (while realistic) makes infantry combat feel clunky, on top of the weird vaulting issues (why must I die when I try to vault over a park bench in Hainan?) that most people seem to be having. I also don't like how DICE's fabled rock-paper-scissors approach to sea/land, air and infantry combat has become a lopsided affair with the introduction of smart munitions and angles of attack. Also makes the Engineer's launchers pretty useless when a Support player on a dirt bike can zip up to a tank, plant his C4 on it, drive off and hit the clapper. Prime example (yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite):
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, January 20th 2014, 6:47pm

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Sigged !
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, January 20th 2014, 7:05pm

To me the game is either close enough to BF3 that I don't notice any real difference or are just designed better than BF3.

My only major gripe about the design is how many "armored kill" like maps we have in BF4. I don't use the vehicles too much but I enjoy the fact that they're there, but some of the maps feel like you might as well not spawn outside of one. Hell, as an infantry player I can only play like 25% of Golmud Railway. The rest of it is tanker territory.

I much rather play a map that gives infantry a chance and vehicles are just a bit more scarce. Vehicles are big, powerful and great for major offenses into enemy held ground. But when both teams have a dozen between them the less reason anyone has to be anything but an engineer.

Lots of the "Youtubers" have criticized BF4 and pointed out bugs. If it makes you feel any better, several of the ones I watch (included in your list) have been playing some BF3, PS2, and BC2 in the past couple of weeks.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 1:54am

I wonder how much of the map flow issues are escacerbated by lone wolfing, or the absence of good squads to join? Infantry aren't going to be all that relevant alone, on foot, even in densely covered maps. A full squad in the various cover present on even the most expensive maps around all of the flags flags with multiple launchers, an ammo supply and a recon laser spot for bonus can destroy tanks with ease.

Yet I almost never see a squad fighting together like that, mostly infantry opposition is a trickle of engineers all over the place.

Likewise, I almost never see a squad fight using an IFV, even though BF4 squad perks and vehicle unlocks were designed to make that sort of synergy hugely powerful.

So why is everyone so spiteful of STAFF and MBT-LOL? Both are flat damage weapons, and the STAFF shell is a huge compromise in anti-infantry capability. The decoupled reloaded is almost guaranteeably going to change , and once that happens it'll basically be useless.