Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "Sumoki136" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 8th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 5:46am

(PS4) Hit issues

I am at a lose for words on how disappointed i am with BF4 i thought it couldn't get worst then BF3 but i was wrong.

Im having a lot of issues of aiming right on people shooting in burst and it doing nothing to the enemy.* I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but please say something so i don't think im crazy.

My main loadout with just about every gun is Muzzle break/Angled Foregrip. The reason i use this loadout is because i feel the heavy barrel creates so much more recoil that i am better off with the spread penalty that the muzzle break gives. I shoot in burst so in my mind the muzzle break is clearly the better choice. But as the topic says im having a lot of issues with aiming right on people and it doesn't do anything.*

*People that should be dead in 4 hits don't die till ive shot 10-20 bullets at them.*

Give me the benefit of the doubt that i am a competent player and i know how to aim.

Is the muzzle break penelty really that bad that burst of 4-5 shots causes you to not hit what you are aiming at?

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 7:59am

Are you using a DMR by any chance?
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 14th 2014, 10:25am

I mainly use the Ace 23 and Ace 21. I notice hit issues with just about every gun in any situation, pistols especially. In BFBC2 i could use the 1911 as a primary but in BF4 ill be lucky to kill someone.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, January 15th 2014, 11:44pm

I have occasional issues with hit detection but they're not as prevalent as they were at launch. You're problem probably stems from two things;

1) using the muzzle brake and angled grip might give you the lowest possible V recoil but the muzzle brake hurts your guns spread increase and not using ergo grip leaves you without reduced min spread while moving ads, both of which can make your bullets miss despite you holding your sights right on a target.

2) BF4 hit markers have a tiny 'pulse' when they appear and with all the other stuff happening on the screen it can look like you have gotten 6-7 hits when you've really only gotten 3, especially if they're all in quick succession.

If you're playing conquest there's the insidious RUBBERBANDING that always will fuck things up for you, and there's even occasional bug where no hit markers will register at all, despite the target having blood spray out of them and jerking from the bullet hits.

The only thing you can do on your end is change up your attachments. I'd suggest using the angled grip over the muzzle brake if you're having V recoil issues, especially if you burst a lot. If you still feel like you need the muzzle brake, then I recommend using the ergo grip, especially on the ace 23 as ARs have a slightly worse moving ads min spread than carbines, or if you rarely strafe ads use the stubby to offset the brake's large spread increase penalty.

You can practice compensating for recoil on the test range, the barrels there have ~125hp and the first 3 will respawn every 10-15 seconds or so.
The only caveat is that your aim assist won't snap to them like it does the actual targets. You can also shoot the sea wall by the dock to get a feel for your preferred weapons' spread increase and general accuracy while standing and moving.

I do this frequently as a warm up before I start playing, and my accuracy has been slowly increasing with certain carbines, LMGs and ARs I've been using.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 3:50am

The only time the V recoil is a problem is at range thats where the muzzle break comes in handy at close range it isnt a problem.

Im upset that these penalties are so drastic that even aiming right on someone you wont hit the target. That to me isnt fun and makes the game not worth playing.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, January 24th 2014, 4:55am

Fellow PS4 user here. I really don't feel any loss of accuracy with the muzzle brake. I am at 18% with the Famas and M16A4, and I have a muzzle brake fitted pretty much constantly, unless I swap out for a suppressor for close quarters work. I also use the Ergo grip and use these guns in burst mode (obviously the M16 is defaulted to this). I personally believe I have no problem with the muzzle brake on these guns at longer ranges.
Pistols, they certainly seem to me to have bullets vanishing into thin air from time to time, but they just feel poor in general compared to the BF3 days. I don't fit a muzzle brake on the pistols.