Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 23rd 2014, 9:03am

Hi @elementofprgress

This is a really long shot but Dragon Age Inquisition just came out and since it does use the same engine as BF4, I figured that the BF4 extract tools would work. Unfortunately, it seems that the dumper.py fails with :

Quoted

frostbackmountains.toc
C:\Users\*username*\Documents\dragonage_sounds\bundles\ebx\da3/vfx/vfx_destructibles/meshes/clu_gen_cratesplinters_physics_win32.ebx

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 366, in <module>
main()
File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 363, in main
dump(fname,outputfolder)
File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 162, in dump
handlePayload(entry,ebxPath+entry.elems["name"].content+".ebx")
File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 340, in casHandlePayload
LZ77.decompressAndWriteFile(catEntry.filename,catEntry.offset,catEntry.size,originalSize,outPath)
WindowsError: [Error -529697949] Windows Error 0xE06D7363
>>>
Removing the "frostbackmountains.toc" doesn't seem to change the behavior, even when it's out of the folder. It does extract a folder structure the specified output but with no .chunk files.

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\dragonage_sounds\bundles\ebx\da3\vfx\vfx_destructibles\meshes "

I've also tried running the scripts from outside the Desktop folder and it doesn't change anything. Is there anything I could modify to get the extractor to work or is the actual files just too different from the BF4 structure. I appreciate any insight you might have, but I also understand that it's not strictly BF4 related!

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bacon" (Nov 23rd 2014, 9:09am)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

• "elementofprgress" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 23rd 2014, 6:04pm

Hi @elementofprgress

This is a really long shot but Dragon Age Inquisition just came out and since it does use the same engine as BF4, I figured that the BF4 extract tools would work. Unfortunately, it seems that the dumper.py fails with :

Quoted

frostbackmountains.toc
C:\Users\*username*\Documents\dragonage_sounds\bundles\ebx\da3/vfx/vfx_destructibles/meshes/clu_gen_cratesplinters_physics_win32.ebx

File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 366, in <module>
main()
dump(fname,outputfolder)
LZ77.decompressAndWriteFile(catEntry.filename,catEntry.offset,catEntry.size,originalSize,outPath)
>>>
Removing the "frostbackmountains.toc" doesn't seem to change the behavior, even when it's out of the folder. It does extract a folder structure the specified output but with no .chunk files.

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\dragonage_sounds\bundles\ebx\da3\vfx\vfx_destructibles\meshes "

I've also tried running the scripts from outside the Desktop folder and it doesn't change anything. Is there anything I could modify to get the extractor to work or is the actual files just too different from the BF4 structure. I appreciate any insight you might have, but I also understand that it's not strictly BF4 related!

Thanks

Okay so you tried outside of you desktop. Did you try outside of your user folder in general? Try making sure the output is outside of your user folder.

In theory the script SHOULD work on other FB3 games. I don't have dragon age so I don't really have the ability to debug the script on the game at the moment. So right now my main suggestion is make sure nothing the script has to do or touches anywhere in your user folder. If that doesn't work I would suggest heading over to http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.php?showforum=52 someone there who might have dragon age and the ability to debug it might exist there.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Nov 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, November 24th 2014, 2:32am

Hi @elementofprgress

Quoted

frostbackmountains.toc

File "C:\Users\*username*\Desktop\bin\dumper.py", line 366, in
main()
dump(fname,outputfolder)
>>>

Thanks

Okay so you tried outside of you desktop. Did you try outside of your user folder in general? Try making sure the output is outside of your user folder.

In theory the script SHOULD work on other FB3 games. I don't have dragon age so I don't really have the ability to debug the script on the game at the moment. So right now my main suggestion is make sure nothing the script has to do or touches anywhere in your user folder. If that doesn't work I would suggest heading over to Battlefield 3? - Official BF Editor Forums someone there who might have dragon age and the ability to debug it might exist there.
I moved everything away from the anything related to the User folder but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Every time I launch the script, it errors out with a new .toc file. I can remove that particular file and the script will continue but is removing every single .toc file really what I should do.

Anyway! I've posted on that other forum but it doesn't seem very active. It's a shame there is no real modding for BF3/BF4. That said, I could gift you Dragon Age if you are actually interested in playing it. ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "elementofprgress" (Nov 24th 2014, 3:30am) with the following reason: quotes got a little crazy. Sometimes the forums do that.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 24th 2014, 3:33am

@bacon
I am interested in the game. I've heard lots of good about it. I would ATTEMPT to extract the data how ever I CAN NOT MAKE ANY PROMISES THAT I WOULD EVER BE ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT. If the files are different there is a good chance that I won't be able to do it successfully and if I do manage to do it successfully it could take some time.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration
: Nov 24th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, November 24th 2014, 11:16pm

Jesus christ, this is awesome!

But I have some issues.

I downloaded all 4 main files and tried opening them with 7Zip. Cannot be opened as an archive. My windows 8.1 explorer was able to open the zip file and I could even listen to the great samples in there but I could NOT at all extract anything except for single mp3 files. No folders.

How do I extract this? Am I that big of a noob here? :)

Thank you a lot in advance guys, symthic rules!

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 24th 2014, 11:54pm

But I have some issues.

I downloaded all 4 main files and tried opening them with 7Zip. Cannot be opened as an archive. My windows 8.1 explorer was able to open the zip file and I could even listen to the great samples in there but I could NOT at all extract anything except for single mp3 files. No folders.

Have all 4 folders in the same folder then right click audio.zip Right click...click extract all.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 25th 2014, 5:40am

But I have some issues.

Have all 4 folders in the same folder then right click audio.zip Right click...click extract all.

Yup that's what I try! But 7zip tells me "Can not open file as an archive." :/ I tried redownloading, no go.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 25th 2014, 6:46am

But I have some issues.

Yup that's what I try! But 7zip tells me "Can not open file as an archive." :/ I tried redownloading, no go.

Shouldn't even need 7zip. Windows should be able to do it. If not, use winrar? that is what I used to zip it.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 25th 2014, 7:49am

Hey,thanks for the reply!

Windows explorer allows me to open up the archive and listen to the samples,even extract single mp3 files. but It does not extract any folders. It either spits out an error message which I don't know ATM (I'm on my phone) or it asks me for install media.

I will try winRar when I'm home.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 25th 2014, 4:03pm

Funny. WinRar worked.

7Zip and Windows Explorer did NOT.

Please include this information into the original post to avoid future confusion.

Thanks a lot for the help man! :)