Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

• "elementofprgress" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, September 21st 2014, 4:22pm

@elctr0
(for future reference if you just type the persons name in and not make it a link it alerts them)

I am not sure if I still have the mp3 version of the files to provide a torrent. Did you try installing the mega browser plug in? It helps for downloading large files.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Sep 21st 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, September 22nd 2014, 4:37pm

@elementofprgress yah I installed it & my problem with it! I downloaded the 800mb like a charm but when start downloading 1gb files it said that I can't download it without the MEGA extension but by using it it keep giving errors & sometimes stopped. I tried another browsers still the same!
If there's any way to download it without the MEGA extension just let me know. thanks

Date of registration
: Oct 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 2:51pm

You could upload all the sounds of BF4 in WAV? I can give an account of MEGA.
I tried to extract, but the program fails.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VladlenCry" (Nov 11th 2014, 3:43pm)

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 9:10pm

Really the issue here is just uploading and then people downloading 35-45 GB via a service like that. Some people have issue downloading the 1GB files I posted. Don't know how, but they do. I don't have the bandwith to host a torrent or host the download myself. The ideal solution would be a seedbox.

What sorta error did you get while trying to extract. Me helping you extracting is probably easier then anyone having to spend any sorta money.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration
: Jun 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, November 18th 2014, 8:45am

You're looking for the music for the FFShrine forum, right?

I've already got the main game files in .WAV format (I cannot for the life of me figure out a means to extract the Expansion files in .WAV, unless I am actually required to own the Expansions for the sound data), or what I can get of them anyway. I think I did manage to grab all of the main-game music, so I could see about sending it your way via MediaFire.

Really wish I could properly work my way with the extraction tools. It utterly boggles my mind using the thing, let alone trying to find straightforward/Extraction-for-Dummies instructions for them (The BF Editor forums posts on it might as well be another language to me).
Inconsistant Machinima-Maker,
Semi-Nocturnal Englishman, Zany Incarnate, Unverified Audiophiliac, just
generally a Bizargh Individual.

http://YouTube.com/Bizargh

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Bizargh" (Nov 18th 2014, 9:09am)

Date of registration
: Mar 20th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, November 19th 2014, 8:25pm

Where is all the gun shots sound files located?, in which one of them
Gunshot sounds are made up on the fly by combining lots of other sounds. There are no "MTAR_firing" sounds or things like that. If you want that I think you will have to record from in-game.

That said, I am by no means an audio-wizard so take what I have said with a grain of salt. The above is just what I have gathered from this and similar threads.

@elementofprgress
I think you know this way better than I do, would you care to lay down the truth?

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
to rebuild gun shot sounds you would also need to use some scripts to extract all the game data and convert ebx files to text files. then all the information needed is contained in the converted text files.
Frankelstner(the guy who made all the tools we use to extract everything) explains it best here Frostbite 2 Audio Decoder - Official BF Editor Forums - Page 2. Really that whole thread is really informative and worth a read.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
to rebuild gun shot sounds you would also need to use some scripts to extract all the game data and convert ebx files to text files. then all the information needed is contained in the converted text files.
Frankelstner(the guy who made all the tools we use to extract everything) explains it best here Frostbite 2 Audio Decoder - Official BF Editor Forums - Page 2. Really that whole thread is really informative and worth a read.
Do you think you could give us the .txt files on the weapon info? Is there some place i can find these .txt files? I cant extract files and what not, but i am preatty experienced at making my own weapon sounds using these extracted files. However i want to recreate the weapon sounds from BF4 too.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,210)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, November 19th 2014, 9:53pm

Do you think you could give us the .txt files on the weapon info? Is there some place i can find these .txt files? I cant extract files and what not, but i am preatty experienced at making my own weapon sounds using these extracted files. However i want to recreate the weapon sounds from BF4 too.

You mean the script ones that contain other weapon data too like damages etc? You can browse those files online here
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 19th 2014, 10:10pm

Updated OP with Final Stand audio.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser

Date of registration
: Mar 20th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, November 21st 2014, 7:55am

You mean the script ones that contain other weapon data too like damages etc? You can browse those files online here
I looked through the AK5C data, i cant find anything that shows me what sounds are put together to make the Firing sounds. All i see that is sound related are functions that call when the gun is reloaded and plays the reloading sound of that gun. Someone help me out lol

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 21st 2014, 9:08am

I looked through the AK5C data, i cant find anything that shows me what sounds are put together to make the Firing sounds. All i see that is sound related are functions that call when the gun is reloaded and plays the reloading sound of that gun. Someone help me out lol

The sound EBX files aren't included in the file browser. but yeah, AK5C sounds data looks like http://pastebin.com/pULKMEgN

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser