Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, July 3rd 2016, 6:57pm

I'm sorry I have no idea. I'm on console and have never seen any of these files. I guess that I hoped that knowing the name they give it, would help you to find it.
i could have recorded the music if there was an option to disable sound effects only

Date of registration
: Aug 26th 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, August 26th 2016, 3:36pm

Is anyone aware of the licensing on these files? I want to use them for a project but only if it's allowed and with proper attribution and license adherence.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,131)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, August 26th 2016, 3:46pm

Is anyone aware of the licensing on these files? I want to use them for a project but only if it's allowed and with proper attribution and license adherence.

Well, since they are ripped from the game and EA "holds all the rights", I really doubt there is any license that allows people to use these things.
That being said, a bunch of people do use these and video footage of the game to make money (via youtube videos). I don't know if they have to settle things with EA somehow though. I wouldn't use them for a game or such.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 9:23pm

I really doubt there is any license that allows people to use these things.
Well, reading through the Terms of service...

"EA grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive license to use Content and Entitlements to which you have access for your personal, private, non-commercial, non-transferable, limited uses solely as set forth herein and as set forth in any additional Terms applicable to the EA Services accessed by you. Content and Entitlements and all other intellectual property rights in or on EA Services as well as the products and services offered through EA Services, are owned by EA or EA's third party licensors and are protected by United States and International copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, and other laws protecting intellectual property and related proprietary rights. You may not copy, access, or download any Content and/or Entitlements from an EA Service unless you are expressly authorized to do so. In addition, unless expressly authorized by EA, you may not distribute, publicly perform or display, lease, sell, transmit, transfer, publish, edit, copy, create derivative works from, rent, sub-license, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise make unauthorized use of Content or Entitlements. Any commercial use is prohibited. You agree not to remove, obscure, or alter copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to Content. Your rights are subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service as well as any other applicable Terms."

...technically even sharing them here is illegal unless OP got authorisation from EA, even extracting these files from the game was illegal (should I not be drawing attention to this? I feel like it's a bad idea :whistling: )... Then again, and as you said public performances are also prohibited unless authorised. hmmm...

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,131)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 9:28pm

technically even sharing them here is illegal unless OP got authorisation from EA, even extracting these files from the game was illegal (should I not be drawing attention to this? I feel like it's a bad idea :whistling: )

Oh of course sharing them is not the nicest thing to do either. Nowadays almost all digital goods are not really in end-user's "hands" and we have almost zero rights to do anything with them other what's the purpose. Eg. You're not allowed to even attempt to repair your mobile phone these days, or tweak things on your electric car, or modify the software you bought. It's gonna be a scheisse virtual world we live in if this keeps getting worse.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

• "elementofprgress" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 10:27pm

...technically even sharing them here is illegal unless OP got authorisation from EA, even extracting these files from the game was illegal (should I not be drawing attention to this? I feel like it's a bad idea :whistling: )... Then again, and as you said public performances are also prohibited unless authorised. hmmm...

If all of this(stats and audio) didn't ultimately mean free advertisement I'm sure they would step in and tell me to stop. DICE seems to really love when the community makes things and does things with BF. Just look at T2S - Hoodoo_Operator
- YouTube
for example. Makes some awesome stuff, ends up making offical trailers for some of the DLCs. As far as stats go, a lot of BF related youtube content use them in videos all the time. In general they have a pretty laid back attitude about it all. Which is smart, you couldn't pay for the kinda of advertising that the community is doing for free.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 2:24am

Thought I might as well just drop my findings over here on the off chance that others have the same questions, this seems to be the answer - https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-r…-games-content/

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

• "elementofprgress" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, September 15th 2016, 10:45am

Thought I might as well just drop my findings over here on the off chance that others have the same questions, this seems to be the answer - https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-r…-games-content/

Good find. I'm adding it to the OP. I can't tell you how often I get asked about this stuff and I ain't no lawyer. Thanks

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

This post by "elctr0" (Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 12:34am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Monday, April 24th 2017, 4:39pm) with the following reason: rule 5

Date of registration
: May 23rd 2017

Battlelog:

Tuesday, May 23rd 2017, 6:47am

NEED Help

Does anyone have all the zip files for BF4? So far I downloaded the first 6 files and only 2 of them work. BF4 Audio_Levels_SP is Corrupted and the other files are stuck in TMP format which I don't know how to convert or if it is even possible.