Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Labby

(6,444)

• "Labby" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:31pm

Once again, it's patch speculation time

Demize said some things...

What does it mean?
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:40pm

Minis are hopefully to get reduced blast radius so that they aren't better than frags at a certain distance. Impact grenades should deal a maximum of 59 damage (so they aren't a OHK in hardcore). Flashbangs are probably going to get an increase in blinding effect/duration. I'm interested in what's going to happen to hand flares - I hope they get some sort of additional benefit, but I doubt it (probably just an extra flare equipped).

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:40pm

If they listen to the community:

-The MAA will be nerfed so hard it is never used.
-DMR's will have 50 max damage.
-The V40 will have its damage lowered.
-RGO Grenades will have an impact delay.
-(assuming FB = Flashbang) will probably be buffed in effect duration, they are weak.
-Helicopters might get countermeasures fixed? :D
-Handflares will be fixed, awesome.

(Overall, this is why you don't listen to the community much when balancing.)

Edit:

@Jais You mean to tell me there is a range where the Frag is actually better than V40's? I've never seen a default grenade.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:45pm

Edit: I had to remove my initial reaction, which was pure joy to hear that DMRs were getting a buff. I think there are good alternatives to buffing DMRs other than 50 max dmg.

V40 Minis, I loved you so much but oh well we must part since you were like normal frag nades but there was 3 of you

FB buff....hm.....I hope they slow the resupply rate or I'll have to start playing with shades 8)

any other sources on this btw? BL, Reddit etc?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Jan 9th 2014, 1:29am)

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:48pm

HEEEELLLLL YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

V40 Minis, I loved you so much but oh well we must part since you were like normal frag nades but there was 3 of you

FB buff....hm.....I hope they slow the resupply rate or I'll have to start playing with shades 8)

any other sources on this btw? BL, Reddit etc?
No thanks on 50 damage DMR's. Not unless they lower the ROF of the SKS and Scar-H SV.

V40's only need their blast radius turned down, the damage is fine, the fact that they have a 4 meter inner blast radius is ridiculous. They will still be good grenades.

Flashbangs are never used anyways, there's no point when you can carry impacts or mini's.

Sources other than a lead developer? Demize is usually the first one to let us know about patches, I doubt there are any other sources.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:58pm

No thanks on 50 damage DMR's. Not unless they lower the ROF of the SKS and Scar-H SV.

V40's only need their blast radius turned down, the damage is fine, the fact that they have a 4 meter inner blast radius is ridiculous. They will still be good grenades.

Flashbangs are never used anyways, there's no point when you can carry impacts or mini's.

ok I was so excited about the buff I got carried away with my emotions, 50dmg buff isn't actually what I voted for

That too, that's what I meant, frag nade damage with the same blast radius.

I (would) use flashbangs (more) to break though C point at locker and backrage!

Yeah no other sources but here's the link to the reddit discussion if anyone is interested
Alan Kertz (Lead Gameplay Designer) hinting at upcoming balance changes : battlefield_4
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "WoopsyYaya" (Jan 8th 2014, 3:06pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 2:25pm

Interested with hand flares.
What in regards is broken with them if any besides their relative uselessness at the moment.
Only time I remember them being used is when no grenades are allowed.

I couldn't even fathom a remotely accurate use for them in game.
Never a need to designate your own position (this isn't ARMA III).
Not worth carrying for the 1/112039810923 chance some one is using an IR sight let alone not being able to kill them.
Perhaps burn upon contact would be realistic but then again I'm imagining some serious balancing issues due to their spammability if that's the case.

*shrugs*

Only other balances I'm concerned with are the V40 minis which are easy enough to fix and DMR which honestly I don't quite understand anymore.
Why they decided to make DMRs all class is beyond me.

Not like any of this really has any affect on me anymore.

Top 0% for the M1014 apparently :D

C4 Mob Detonator

Quoted

16:21 Dice: Guys i got board and did some number crunhing
16:21 leroy_bishop: shoot dice, what do you have?
16:21 Dice: Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 leroy_bishop: eh?
16:22 J0hn: Dice> Guess what tthe top 30 posts hold in coust cout % wise?
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: Can you say that again?
16:22 J0hn: WUT
16:22 Lt_Col_Jesus: In english?
16:22 leroy_bishop: ENGRiSH PLOX
16:22 J0hn: LOOL
16:22 Dice: 0.84% of the registered users hold 46.45% of the posts
16:22 J0hn: THAT NEEDS TO BE IN SOMEONE'S SIGNATURE
16:22 leroy_bishop: xD

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 2:49pm

V40: should do 40 damage max and maintain their blast radius. You get 3 of them to aquire a kill.
RGO: should do 55 damage max and maintain their blast radius. You get 2 of these so they should stay 2 hit kill but not 1hit in HC.
DMRs: Hoping they get atleast a 50-36.6 damage model on all except the SKS and QBU.
Active Aimbot Missiles: Hopefully they get a 350m max range and remove the silly flipping mechanic.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 2:51pm

Interested with hand flares.
What in regards is broken with them if any besides their relative uselessness at the moment.
Only time I remember them being used is when no grenades are allowed.

I couldn't even fathom a remotely accurate use for them in game.
Never a need to designate your own position (this isn't ARMA III).
Not worth carrying for the 1/112039810923 chance some one is using an IR sight let alone not being able to kill them.
Perhaps burn upon contact would be realistic but then again I'm imagining some serious balancing issues due to their spammability if that's the case.

*shrugs*

Only other balances I'm concerned with are the V40 minis which are easy enough to fix and DMR which honestly I don't quite understand anymore.
Why they decided to make DMRs all class is beyond me.

Not like any of this really has any affect on me anymore.
Hand flares are supposed to distract laser tracking. I'm not sure if they will distract missiles, but they might distract the actual targeting system, which would mean it took longer to lock onto the thing they were thrown from. This is probably why helicopter countermeasures have a 30~ second long reload, because flares were intended to help.

Correction about flares, they are lockable targets, but don't seem to distract AA missiles.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Jan 8th 2014, 3:08pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 2:54pm

Thread already is a good example why the general community should not try to balance a game.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"