Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 8:57pm

Any love for Gun Master?

Hey.... so..... Gun Master..... :D

yes, yes it could not be further away from the core of BF, which is Conquest of course, however the implementation was really, really good in BF3, even excellent and I think it deserves a place along with the other infantry modes.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your opinion on Gun Master. Should it come back in BF4?

It was actually my favourite game mode, because, this was a mode where you had to purely rely on your own skill set!
Also, it's the most dynamic and fast paced mode and an excellent training ground for your FPS skills.

But before you say "Squad assist mode 99" though, let me tell you it's hard to start off and get good at Gun Master! Most people only play it to get the M5K. However, if you stick around, you will get better real quick and it becomes a lot more fun! There's actually a community of very skilled Gun Master players and it was a hellalot of fun racing the them to become first!
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:10pm

I enjoyed playing Gun Master until I got the dogtag, it surely was fun tp play with friends (hunturk), but the gun rotation was pretty bad.

*COUGH* M320 LVG *COUGH* *COUGH*

If custom rotations were allowed, then I'd be more inclined to play it, but even so, it'll still be a "side" gamemode. That is fine though, it's fun to screw around in it from time to time.

Also kill assist 98 with pistols 24/7
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Aug 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:39pm

@Oscar
In BF3 you can customize the gun rotation, but I don't think many servers does this though. Of the few Gun Master games I played, only one or two of them used custom rotation. This might be because it was added on later, but I'm not sure.

Personaly I was never a fan of the gamemode because of how hectic it was and the complete abcence of teamwork. If it would make a return I think that "free for all" or squads would be better than two teams since you never actually worked with your team.

I'd rather see Scavanger return, my favorite "side" gamemode in BF3. Did anyone else enjoy it?
"Not afraid of god-like opponents, just afraid of pig-like teammates."

Date of registration
: Sep 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:45pm

Yeah scavenger was awesome. A lot more interesting than gunmaster, even though i liked gunmaster as well. Scavenger was really well thought out, and the aftermath maps seemed just right for than type of gameplay, while the sclose quarters maps were all pretty bad in general imo

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 9:46pm

@Oscar
In BF3 you can customize the gun rotation, but I don't think many servers does this though. Of the few Gun Master games I played, only one or two of them used custom rotation. This might be because it was added on later, but I'm not sure.

Personaly I was never a fan of the gamemode because of how hectic it was and the complete abcence of teamwork. If it would make a return I think that "free for all" or squads would be better than two teams since you never actually worked with your team.

I'd rather see Scavanger return, my favorite "side" gamemode in BF3. Did anyone else enjoy it?

Sorry, I mean FULLY custom rotation, not DICE presets. Most presets had too few weapons and if you happened to find one, it probably was the sniper rifle one.

I NEVER got to see the EU weapons rotation :[

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 11:15pm

I loved Gun Master, used it to warm up before a lengthy CQL session. And the Close Quarters maps (except for Scrap) was very well put together.

Would love to see it back with customized rotation, I never got the idea why the guns would get better and better when they should degrade for the best scorer.
Lemmings be lemmings

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 7th 2014, 11:23pm

I loved scavenger too, both modes offer a lot of varietry, especially gun master though, since you switch weapons every 2 kills. Also makes for awesome, awesome killstreaks if you go on one, since you don't have to reload they are very fast kill streaks
*COUGH* M320 LVG *COUGH* *COUGH*
hehehe yeah that weapon lost me many a game !!! :cursing: however.... there are few tricks, which let you move away really fast from it :thumbup:
Sorry, I mean FULLY custom rotation, not DICE presets.
I would totally create "WoopsyYaya's Crazy-Ass Weapon Set" including M320 Smoke, trhe Repair Torch, a bunch of shitty weapons and of course the standard Grenade for extra lulz!
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, January 8th 2014, 1:34am

Gun master never really excited me. Sure the games could get intense and exciting, but I just never liked the layout of progression.
The better you do, the better guns you get, the more combat capable you are, the better you do, etc.

If you get a lucky early lead you basically can't be caught up to and unless you make some really dumb mistakes you will win.

The most fun I've had playing Gun master was when servers would reverse it, so the more you advanced the worse the guns did and the better you had to play.

But I got so burned out on Counter-Strike "Advance gun-game" when I was maining 1.6 that I just never really wanted to play it in BF3. I played it enough to get the MP5K, and maybe a handful more times so I could actually say I got 1st place in a few, but I never went back to it.

Scavenger was a lot more fun, IMHO, but I didn't really play that much after getting the crossbow either. Not that I didn't try, but it seemed like servers running scavenger were full and queued up all the time and once the majority got their bows the servers turned into ghost towns and I couldn't find one more than half populated.
And for me in BF games more peoples is more fun :D

But I do enjoy the pistols a lot more than the average BF player, so Scavenger was a way of letting my secondary skill shine a little.

I think DICE was smart to bring a Counter-Strike style Defuse game mode in, and I have to say that I feel Obliteration isn't very fun at the moment because of some features (giant bomb-carrier beacon) but is a great idea as a counterpart to Rush mode.
Ultimately bringing back both Gun-master and Scavenger as fun modes on Domination sized maps would be a good idea as well, I think, as more modes means more players.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 5:33pm

The better you do, the better guns you get, the more combat capable you are, the better you do, etc.

If you get a lucky early lead you basically can't be caught up to and unless you make some really dumb mistakes you will win.
but at the end the first one is having to deal with sniper rifles in CQ and the M320 LVG. also the swtich from ARs to MGs is more of a downgrade too (LSAT cough cough) so you do get achance to catch up!

In fact I'd say what you say applies to the non-standard weaponsets more, because it's easy to get a kill with an M320 or an RPG. I've won games where people weren't even past half of the weapons because of that.

I'm trying to think if the maps in BF4 would actually be suitable for Gun Master, because they are not as confined as say Ziba and Donya but I think it would be a lot of fun nonetheless.
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

now I'd jerk off a hobo

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 11th 2014, 8:00pm

but at the end the first one is having to deal with sniper rifles in CQ and the M320 LVG. also the swtich from ARs to MGs is more of a downgrade too (LSAT cough cough) so you do get achance to catch up!

In fact I'd say what you say applies to the non-standard weaponsets more, because it's easy to get a kill with an M320 or an RPG. I've won games where people weren't even past half of the weapons because of that.

I'm trying to think if the maps in BF4 would actually be suitable for Gun Master, because they are not as confined as say Ziba and Donya but I think it would be a lot of fun nonetheless.

If you get a lead very early, it can get to a point where you'll probably not fight anyone with stuff better than the SMGs...

I think that having one kill per weapon, reaching the explosive (I'd go for a normal hand grenade for simplicity's sake) and then back to square one, then the knife would work the best, as in:
M9-1911... Frag ... 1911-M9-Knife

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"