Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "HwanZike" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 2:50am

Glad to see this tactic is definitely less viable now. Tried it the other day on Paracel storm and a single boat with passive radar was able to fuck us up. After the hits we kept losing altitude and the repair rate was not enough to keep us up.

I still think the stealth jet cannon needs a buff against the scout chopper btw, even with the increased damage on the 20mm its extremely hard to do over 50-60 damage to a scout from a top down attack. And this can be repaired away by the time the second pass arrives
youre happy that you and 2 friends were helpless against a single player?

lol, sounds like you simply have a vendetta against skilled pilots and dont want an actual balanced game
I never said helpless. I do want a balanced game, that's why I was surprised to see a tactic like this be so effective when it shouldn't. It's a scout helicopter, supposed to take out infantry and light vehicles. Not become a hovercamping flying AA tankachopter. It should be at a disadvantage against anything else that flies except other scouts and transport helicopters. And don't say "but its 3 people working together.. ". Yes, it requires teamwork to make enhance it a lot. A repair dude is almost a must, much like an MBT is 10x better with a repair+gunner.

The bit about the vendetta made me laugh, btw, thanks
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Date of registration
: Sep 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 5:04am

Glad to see this tactic is definitely less viable now. Tried it the other day on Paracel storm and a single boat with passive radar was able to fuck us up. After the hits we kept losing altitude and the repair rate was not enough to keep us up.

I still think the stealth jet cannon needs a buff against the scout chopper btw, even with the increased damage on the 20mm its extremely hard to do over 50-60 damage to a scout from a top down attack. And this can be repaired away by the time the second pass arrives
youre happy that you and 2 friends were helpless against a single player?

lol, sounds like you simply have a vendetta against skilled pilots and dont want an actual balanced game
I never said helpless. I do want a balanced game, that's why I was surprised to see a tactic like this be so effective when it shouldn't. It's a scout helicopter, supposed to take out infantry and light vehicles. Not become a hovercamping flying AA tankachopter. It should be at a disadvantage against anything else that flies except other scouts and transport helicopters. And don't say "but its 3 people working together.. ". Yes, it requires teamwork to make enhance it a lot. A repair dude is almost a must, much like an MBT is 10x better with a repair+gunner.

The bit about the vendetta made me laugh, btw, thanks
Vendetta because most players that cry about helicopters in BF4 have no idea what theyre doing. Typically, in the forums someone needs to tell the world where the mean helicopter touched him.

Honestly, even in bf3 when choppers were at their peak, I rarely was killed by one. They just arent the leading cause of death.

Often a player just simply couldnt master helicopters, and didnt want to ever die to them as a result of not being able to kill with it.

True - the fast repairs in bf4 on scouts are a bit silly. However, even when I was doing this, a single player with a stinger can permanently immobilize you. One time I encountered a few guys on the ground that simply could NOT line any rockets up at all. I took about 20 stingers (had ammo)... and spun in circles the entire time.

You may say - thats OP that I took 20 rockets. But really, whats more OP, the fact that a single player can remove me and 2 other people from the game? What is the result if you removed my repair? Answer: instead of spinning useless for 20 seconds, I die instantly. Why? Because some window licker spawned with a rocket and points his camera in my direction while the computer did the rest. (caveat: my friend and I (2 people) can easily dispatch ANY scout with 2 repairmen - thats 2 v 3, and we have no issues. Even solo with the igla shoot, reload, and shoot for 90 dmg makes me pretty scary)

Add in broken countermeasures, mobility crits, its a total shame. In Bf3 my good piloting skills were useful. I could duck between trees, use the cover (there was more overall in bf3) and typically could be useful. In Bf4, in a scout, I actually fly UP when m locked because otherwise the mobility crit will make me crash. There is no incentive to fly low or skillfully. Add in the tank threat that occurs when youre low as well (Sabot shells....)

Overall, the repair nerf will be OK if they simply buffed helicopters. Shorter and more reliable countermeasures, better agility on attack helicopter, and below radar would be amazing. Additionally, changing mobility crits to not occur unless you have less than 50% hp would be amazing. Also, make missiles more realistic. They fly around obstacles and spin circles around you, making them impossible to avoid through good flying(only the city maps allow any semi-reliable cover).

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 6:07am

@abrams07

whilst it may seem unrelated, which gun do you use in the scouts?
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 12:42pm

@abrams07
You forgot to mention me with gunner soflam being absolutely OP. I run it on all vehicles where it's available, allowing anyone on the map with a Sraw or Law to take you down ^^
I don't even have to shoot at you to bring you down.

__/From phone, please excuse errors\__
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 1:16pm

I really hate the scout choppers in BF4.

In BF3, when I was playing on PS3, I started learning how to use and had quite a lot of fun for some time on Canals CQ.
Playing with the T90 and bringing them down with tank/canister shell was much more fun however.

I wanted to try the scouts in BF4 as well. However, it seems to me (subjective view, of course) that you are completely useless without 2 guys repairing you.
So either you have 2 rep whores on 24/7 duty, or you'd better not even bother taking off.

Balancing them around the idea that they can be repaired mid-flight is a huge mistake imo.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 10:55pm

Top attack profile of laser guided missiles against aircraft is totally bugged right now. People will fire at them, and often knock them over and cause a crash (which is pretty legit). But you're not going to kill an a/c with a laser guided weapon unless it's hovering or near hovering. This certainly happens, but is a small portion of laser guided shot. Same issue happens with laser guided weapons vs bikes and jeeps moving at full tilt. Same with STAFF shell or MTB-LAW vs those targets at speed.

I don't know if this was an intentional feature because the cooldown of CMs would make a/c even more of a death sentence than they already are if many of the ground-to-ground weapons were BF3 levels of effective versus a/c. Likewise since bikes can outspeed a weapon in any top attack profile that could be designed as a measure of defense in those vehicles.

That or it's a bug in top attack profile. Who knows with DICE these days.

Frankly, I don't think the repair nerf should have been implemented until the CM vs missile reload and range paradigm has been balanced. Scout with a coordinated squad was extremely difficult to kill, but it was never invulnerable. Now scouts are far more meeeeh. Hell, I would have been even more happy with leaving the repair rate as is and buffing stealth jet DMG to BF3 levels so that thing can actually do something vs helos.

The fact that the stealth jets are useless and the attack helo is lucky if it can pull off 2 kills (or taking out a single tank) before dying is a way more serious problem than the OP scout.

Also, for crying out loud, at least AP shot and HE shot should deal 100% damage to any helo. Sabot is an easier hit, so I think its fair to leave it at 90.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 11:01pm

About the lazed LGM, it certainly feels like a bug. The Javelin and Guided missile (which are basically the same) will usually not hit any aircraft, but rather just explode mid air right before reaching the target. I've had very strange shots that kill the crew but not the chopper too, but most of the time they do nothing. On the other hand, the SRAW will consistently hit lazed aircraft, even jets. So I'm positive it must be a bug for the Javelin-like missile. Could it be related to their stats or is it a bug that needs to be solved with code changes?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, January 17th 2014, 2:02am

About the lazed LGM, it certainly feels like a bug. The Javelin and Guided missile (which are basically the same) will usually not hit any aircraft, but rather just explode mid air right before reaching the target. I've had very strange shots that kill the crew but not the chopper too, but most of the time they do nothing. On the other hand, the SRAW will consistently hit lazed aircraft, even jets. So I'm positive it must be a bug for the Javelin-like missile. Could it be related to their stats or is it a bug that needs to be solved with code changes?
My experience has been that all weapons that follow a top attack profile are "buggy" (iirc BF3 had this issue against a/c at one point in the patch cycle as well). I'll test out the SRAW tonight and see if there is a difference.

Certainly you've seen the dancing STAFF shell? Where it circles a vehicle at high speed for a good while before deciding to explode on target.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, January 17th 2014, 2:10am

My experience has been that all weapons that follow a top attack profile are "buggy" (iirc BF3 had this issue against a/c at one point in the patch cycle as well). I'll test out the SRAW tonight and see if there is a difference.

Certainly you've seen the dancing STAFF shell? Where it circles a vehicle at high speed for a good while before deciding to explode on target.
What I have found is the following:

Laze + LGM/Javelin/TOW = will do no damage to aircraft and will not hit fast moving lazed targets (speeding RHIB, Jeep, etc)
Laze + SRAW = no problems hitting any vehicle