Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 03:28. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 31st 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 7:11pm

very much so i love that in bf4 it not just hb and forgrip i see and use so many more attachments now its no fun to run the same 2 on everygun

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 7:18pm

just no

its perfect

Date of registration
: Nov 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 8:57pm

giving the SCAR-H a muzzle velocity boost makes the baby Jesus, infant Mohammed, fetal Buddha, and pre-incarnated thetan L. Ron Hubbard cry. talk about making DMRs even more irrelevant...

honestly, heavy barrel is just fine as is, at least on PC. if anything needs buffs it's the muzzle brake and stubby grip, and i'm not even 100% serious about muzzle brake. maybe more like a 50% reduction to vertical recoil for the muzzle brake and to maximum spread for the stubby grip would be more like it.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 9:02pm

If theyre gonna keep the 1.5x recoil mult, theyre gonna need to increase the accuracy bonus given or add muzzle velocity increase. 50% more recoil isn't worth what is currently offered by the HB
If they change the 1.5x recoil mult to 1.2x or something close, they could keep the shitty 50% ADS standing accuracy increase.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 9:06pm

I'd rather get rid of the straight-forward damage modifier. Maybe change the Armor field upgrade into having it negate the chest multiplier for those weapons that have one or something.
Yes, the Armor perk is way to good to be a lvl 1 perk. Also, it is bs that the perk has gone from "only preventing up close burst damage from snipers and shotguns"* to flat out damage reduction. IMO it should only lower the 1HK ranges of said guns, instead of removing them completely, while "normal" weapons should be unaffected, but that is for another thread, another time.

Regarding OP's suggestion: like others have already said, damage modifiers in FPS games often don't work very well (see Stopping Power in MW2 and Magnum Ammo in BC2). Increased muzzle velocity would be a better suited buff which better highlighted the long range role of the HB.

*As it was presented before the release of BF4. The current Armor perk is a whole different beast than what it originally was intended/advertised to be.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "Deicide" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 9:51pm

The heavy barrel only halves the first shot inaccuracy at the cost of 50% more vertical recoil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in BF3 there was no first shot inaccuracy and the hbar was a 75% reduction to spread increase per shot. Essentially the BF4 heavy barrel only helps the first shot. In CoD stopping power was 1.4x and jug was 1.25x. BC2 they were 1.25x each. In BF4 body armor is 0.93x and proposed heavy barrel buff is 1.10x. The vertical recoil increase will make a muzzle velocity buff almost pointless unless you're using a DMR which should get the muzzle velocity buff.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 9:55pm

The heavy barrel only halves the first shot inaccuracy at the cost of 50% more vertical recoil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in BF3 there was no first shot inaccuracy and the hbar was a 75% reduction to spread increase per shot. Essentially the BF4 heavy barrel only helps the first shot. In CoD stopping power was 1.4x and jug was 1.25x. BC2 they were 1.25x each. In BF4 body armor is 0.93x and proposed heavy barrel buff is 1.10x. The vertical recoil increase will make a muzzle velocity buff almost pointless unless you're using a DMR which should get the muzzle velocity buff.

woah woah and more woah
In bf3, the HBar made your ADS accuracy (standing and moving) 75% more accurate. It didn't affect the spread increase. The heavy barrel in BF4 doesn't just help the first shot, it helps however many shots it takes for your 50% more accurate standing spread to return to its original, non hbared accuracy.

• "Deicide" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 28th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 10:11pm

Guns like the Famas and AEK are back to normal after shot #2 for example.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Deicide" (Jan 2nd 2014, 10:19pm)

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 10:21pm

in that case, then you were correct

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, January 2nd 2014, 10:29pm

Guns like the Famas and AEK are back to normal on shot #2 for example.
Nope. Heavy barrel doesn't change spread increase. 2nd shot for AEK w/o HB: 0.317, 2nd shot for AEK w/ HB: 0.217.

The HB allows you to fire the first shot at lower spread and the subsequent shots generally at "(n-1)" accuracy, so you can pull of longer burst if you can compensate for the added recoil.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "C0llis" (Jan 3rd 2014, 10:31pm)