Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 03:35. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "JPull07" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 2:29pm

Improve spm?

I'm looking. To improve my spm, is there a mode I should focus on? I'm always capping flags in domination and conquest and im alaways spamming medpacks and ammo crates, but it's still around 400. A lot of my friends list have 800 spm or higher . Any tips ? Also...new here...love the site

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,944)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 2:35pm

I think it was stated somewhere XP boosts count in to spm (just simply total score / time?), so that could be the case... Not sure tho, it just sounds plain stupid to me. I have SPM of 900ish, and I mostly run around capping points, spotting, killing when needed and so forth.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 2:39pm

I'm looking. To improve my spm, is there a mode I should focus on? I'm always capping flags in domination and conquest and im alaways spamming medpacks and ammo crates, but it's still around 400. A lot of my friends list have 800 spm or higher . Any tips ? Also...new here...love the site

Welcome to the site! :)
I play very similar to you, attacking flags and spamming medkits, and I also have a spm of 377. All I can really say is always keep your xp boosters up. As for game modes, anything other than TDM should be pretty nice. Remember - PTFO all the time, every time, every day. Rush IMO is pretty decent, cause if you can run up to an MCOM, arm it, destroy it successfully and kill a couple of people while you're at it, you can get a lot of bonus points (Ojective Armed, MCOM Defense, MCOM Destroyed). Obliteration is also good as you can get bonus points for just killing the bomb carrier and picking up the bomb.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

• "JPull07" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 3:36pm

Thanks..I've been playing since launch and am still only at 47 while they're all 110 or 100 already..

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 5:23pm

Playing domination mostly, most of the time finish in 1st place, very often mvp, going for flags all the time, throwing ammo, most of the time top killer and my skill is = 380.
Just stupid.
I cannot do more than that...
My rank is 105
JOIN MY PLATOON - GROM TEAM (we use AN-94)

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 8:15pm

Op locker Conquest, it's by far the highest SPM you'll get. Capping flags gives so much points, it's kind of ridiculous compared to DOM and you'll get just as many kills. I'd stick to 32 man servers though, more opportunity to cap flags since it doesn't choke as much.

I was reliably pulling 10 000 SPM during the 2x exp event paired with 200% boosts.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 8:39pm

CQ Locker large with 64 players and flank all day

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 9:15pm

~play domination as squad leader
~mark whatever flag your squad is near so when your squad kills someone or neutralizes/caps you get more points and they get more points. On a 300 ticket server you can get 3000+ more points (before boost) than 2nd mvp if the people in your squad can aim and/or stand in the cap radius of a flag. You are also unlocking perks faster. The majority of people that play this game don't do this and don't spot
~use boosts
~if you're support drop ammo while capping or in spots where teammates bunch up
~if you're medic, do fully charged revives or drop medpacks on people after reviving. Drop medpacks where people bunch up
~team up with a friend and try to keep each other alive

if you play rush mode with friends you can also rack up a ton of points. Marking the bomb your squadmates are about to arm/defuse/attack/defend gets you more points as well.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 9:20pm

Oh yeah I forgot that, you definitely want to be the leader of a full squad. The SPM from it is pretty huge, you get 50 pts every time some in your squad kill someone near the marked flag, flag neut/cap stack too, so if all 4 squad members are on a flag you get 300 pts from them.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 24th 2013, 10:11pm

So is it fact that the boosts actually effect your SPM?

Was using them for a while and saw no change really.