Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 16th 2013, 10:06pm

I agree with the people saying that no player collision would cause more problems than it would solve.

Idiot players that block you when you peek (and get you killed because of that) and similar things are annoying as hell, but that could be somewhat alleviated by reducing the size of the ground area that players occupy.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,363)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 16th 2013, 10:21pm

At the very least, collisions should be removed for prone players. Despite all this advanced animation systems involving vaulting and Lelvolution, we still aren't able to step over teammates (or rocks for that matter). I demand that DICE include stepping over stuff in the next Battlefield. They can even trademark it as revolutionary "Step Over" physics. It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area and blocks people from leaving.

The scale of the removal of player collisions should follow somethinig like:

Remove prone player collision for friendlies so they can walk through ---> Remove collisions for friendlies in all stances ---> Remove collisions between friendly players and friendly projectiles ---> Remove collisions between all players and friendly projectiles

The first would allow players to at least feel like they're stepping over teammates. Next, we can start passing through friendlies regardless of what stance they are in so pushes to the next objective are not stagnated by the slowest people being in the front like they often are. Then we can have some ridiculousness with grenades and rockets passing through your meatshield. Finally, we can start warping through enemy players as well.

Alternative solutions are:

• Make doorways wider. Although this could make choke points harder to control, it'll at least alleviate the problem of people trying to Gandalf the Gray their own team.
  • Introduce a shove mechanic. Assassin's Creed has this. When you're sprinting, you can hold down a button and you'll shove anyone in front of you out of the way. Battlefield could probably do this so that sprinting players will force players aside like how friendly EOD BOTs and MAVs can.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, December 16th 2013, 10:33pm

I would really like a "friendly-shove" function added to sprint, not sure about the smoothness of the action though as vehicle-pushing still have some rubber-banding.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, December 16th 2013, 10:54pm

I don't think it should be disabled, but they could definitely tweak it so you don't get blocked so hard

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, December 16th 2013, 11:09pm

Walking through teammates and removing bolt-actions are high on my list of "ways to fix the game because idiots exist."
OFF-TOPIC: Latter idea - while I agree that the bolt-action rifles are a nuisance and should get nerfed heavily in hardcore mode, one does not simply cut an entire weapon class from a game after it's been shipped. As long as someone has the programming code for something, it is near impossible to get rid of something's existence in a game once it has been released to the public.

AR's, Carbines, LMG's are way way more useful and effective in hardcore than any sniper. Just pisses me off when people whine about how "overpowered" they are when they're just not. <.< Even worse when hardcore servers - especially locker servers - goes and bans them and even the awful DMR's but not explosives which are a million times more game breaking.

Seriously. Snipers are in no way overpowered in hardcore. If anything it's they're underpowered compared to the other classes. Anyone who does manage to get dominated by a sniper is definitely doing stupid stuff like running out in the open in a straight line.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, December 16th 2013, 11:10pm

I don't think it should be disabled, but they could definitely tweak it so you don't get blocked so hard

i don't think that would make much change,at least not change on the casual side of things,like,we CAN jump over prone people(at least i did that sometimes) and if we get stuck on a door,that was our team's stupidity fault,but what i can't get on me it's when someone get's on/behind my way during a gunfight which i'm gonna lose making me and him die,all this in a COMPLETELY GIGANTIC open field(either because he just spawned on me or is too scared to not be at 50 cm s from me)

like,seriously,something like at least 10 times per day i die because i couldn't get behind a corner while finishing my bullets(so i need too look at my enemy and flee at the same time) or because someone spawned on me and blocked my way just when an enemy was turning the corner in the moment i was reloading,or even when i'm just getting a better position and someone simply decide to be on my way,because "f this guy who sees and can kill an enemy i don't see",and i can give a lot of others example,but i don't see the need right now.running and ads-ing players should have something that makes them close to the "collisionimmunity" but not as high as that,something like,being able to "bounce" your allies if you're doing those actions.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, December 16th 2013, 11:16pm

Did you know you can jump above crouched and prone peoples ? It allowed me to flee quite often, then revive the poor dead ^^
I think I coould also some times jump above peoples blocking the way, thugh it is not something very consistent.

Anyone feels like testing it ?
Two guys, one door, on guy stand in the doorway, the other can't pass, then try to pass by smashing the sapcebar. Repeat with crouched and prone blocking guy.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,363)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, December 16th 2013, 11:23pm

@MrT3a

That only works with doorways that are high enough. The prone character model is tall enough that most doorways require you to jump on to them and then crouchwalking or crawling through. Of course, that's assuming they haven't positioned themselves so you can't jump onto them at all.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, December 16th 2013, 11:27pm

In this case, try it into a corridor ^^
I'd like to see if I was hallucinating, or if they made it possible for us to jump above players by smashing the spacebar ^^
Leapfrog ? anyone ?
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 17th 2013, 12:12am

Phasing through teammates seems like a good idea, but I think there would be issues when it comes to multi-kills. Not to mention the whole, you know, REALITY thing.
Walking through teammates and removing bolt-actions are high on my list of "ways to fix the game because idiots exist."
OFF-TOPIC: Latter idea - while I agree that the bolt-action rifles are a nuisance and should get nerfed heavily in hardcore mode, one does not simply cut an entire weapon class from a game after it's been shipped. As long as someone has the programming code for something, it is near impossible to get rid of something's existence in a game once it has been released to the public.

Post-release, they'll stay, nothing wrong with that, too hard to remove. You're right on htat.

But removing incentives to avoid playing for the team in a teamplay-based game is on my BF5 wishlist.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS