Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Jez" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 13th 2013, 12:03pm

PS4 version still buggy ? ? ?

Hey fellas,
I'm in the "second wave" on the PS4 and picking up my console today.
I skipped BF4 on the PS3, to go straight on the PS4 version instead. However, been reading loads about of how f***ed up it's been so far.

So when picking up my PS4 today, should I get a copy of BF4 as well?
After the latest patch, is it playable or still buggy as hell?
In that case, I might hold on, and wait.
Would really be nice with some feedback from a few PS4 comrades.
PS3 & PS4 - 46inch Sony Bravia - Balls of Steel

Date of registration
: Nov 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, December 13th 2013, 3:48pm

i think it got worst after latest patch. there are maybe less crashes but network performances and gameplay got ruined.
don't know if it's ea fault, laggy unoptimized servers, no maximum ping to join a server, bad client performances or just caused by totally ignorant players who join server with their high latency connection maybe downloading stuff, using ps4 on wifi far from router or connecting from oversea

i think consoles have a better experience than pc (just speaking about stability) because every ps4 is using the same hardware and then is less exposed to incompatibility or drivers issues

i enjoyed a lot battlefield 4 on PS3 (even if really low res) and PS4 and i didn't have many issues, i mean, not more than i was expecting from battlefield.
the fact is that when i can play without rubberband on battlefield, it just feels amazing. don't care if i crash sometimes, get killed in 1 hit or can't use some items because broken.
on ps3 and for a week after release on ps4 i was able to play totally lag free.

unfortunately after patches or more players joining the battlefiels it got worst.
battlefield is a multiplayer game, nobody really cares about SP and you can live with some crash here and there
you can also accept some bugs, find some workaround for stuff that aren't working correctly but when it comes to Dice fixing 1 thing to broke other 2, it gets annoying.
the worst part is that no matter how fast and low latency is your internet connection, you will always rubberband a lot on some maps (for me Hainan and Lancang) and occasionally on the others. when i say rubberband a lot i mean you can't fly jets at all, vehicles get really awkward and you will perform the same action 2-3 times as infantry.
my little bird even completely lost control as it happens when colliding with objects multiple times and exploded mid air for no reason because of rubber band.

some advertised and hyped features got also disabled (server queues and custom emblems ingame) and there's no ETA for fix, the emblems are not even mentioned on Issues Tracker

to be honest, i'm still enjoying the game and if you can manage to keep yourself calm it will be a good decision to buy it
i'm still confident enough the main issues will get fixed, don't know about network performances. hope so.
it won't be so hard to put some latency cap for servers or at least show ping (even with bars if needed) on scoreboard.
this can at least give players opportunity to find out who is stressing the server or finally make clear that's a real issue with network optimization.
unfortunately, it won't happen.

• "Jez" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 13th 2013, 4:42pm

Hope it'll be better then.
I'm not playign on PC at all, and just got the PS4 today. Gonna try and enjoy it today.

I gotta say, I've been playing BF3 on PS3 since release and that game has worked unbelievably good.
SInce release last year I can count on one hand the occasions where the game have crashed or I have had any bad experiences with lag at all. That game has been flawless for me (when it comes to connection issues).
PS3 & PS4 - 46inch Sony Bravia - Balls of Steel

Date of registration
: Nov 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, December 13th 2013, 4:52pm

had nice experience on BF3 too.
just some shaking caused by network when flying jets. more evident on Kharg when getting close to the ground. never figured out why.

but still, i think you'll get disappointed by how BF4 is performing on ps4.
it's sad because it was flawless just a couple of weeks ago.

i advise you to set network smoothing factor at 0% (yes, console peasant got this setting too finally!)
if you got a decent connection it will fix any hit detection delay
it will rubberband, but at least you will hit your target without delay
anyway, it rubberband the same if you set smoothing factor at 50% or 100%, but you won't hit anything!

i'd like to know if you're having rubberband issues too when you finally start playing :)
and if you can confirm me it's worst on Lancang and Hainan

i'm 99% sure it's not my connection, but still, i'd like some confirmation

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 13th 2013, 6:45pm

There's still a shitload of rubberbanding and the occasional crash to the home screen, but it's leaps and bounds better than it was at launch. The recorder actually has sound now, but it's still unreliable. So pissed it didn't save me bro scoping a guy out of a little bird.

There's also the never being placed on the same team as your battlelog friends when you join them in a match and a few other minor annoyances like getting killed around corners and such, but dice is -slowly- getting things fixed.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, December 13th 2013, 6:51pm

I haven't played around with the PS4 recorder that much, but is it possible to upload footage or extract it without having to use Facebook?

DeathOfTheDodo

Shotgun Surgeon

(414)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, December 13th 2013, 8:58pm

Its stable-ish. It crashes slightly more than BF3 did on PS3. It WILL happen, but I haven't suffered any stat losses or actual system crashes because of it. The launch time is pretty fast too, so overall it's not that bad.

The controller setups though.... I hate using triggers for shooting, it messes up pistol spam so hard it's not even funny.

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 1:54am

I haven't played around with the PS4 recorder that much, but is it possible to upload footage or extract it without having to use Facebook?

PSN doesn't allow users to save videos to a cloud drive? On Xbox One we can save videos to the cloud which can be downloaded and then uploaded to YouTube. It's a bootleg way of doing it until the straight-to-YouTube functionality arrives.

Date of registration
: Dec 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 3:05am

PSN doesn't allow users to save videos to a cloud drive? On Xbox One we can save videos to the cloud which can be downloaded and then uploaded to YouTube. It's a bootleg way of doing it until the straight-to-YouTube functionality arrives.

I'm not sure. I'd have to check my PSN.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 4:09am

Idk if you can extract the clips from your psn or move them onto a USB but the only way to edit them on the system is to link a Facebook and as you go to post them through FB you can shorten the clips size. Of course FB compresses the video so what once was a 720p 30 fps recording is now a blurry clip of poopoo. It seems like there's a limit to the amount of clips you can have saved at once too. It's functionality is so limited. I guess it's better than nothing.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_