Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 7:51pm

guys, real sorry, I forgot to add this thread to my favourites and didn't realise you replied!
being able to twitch aim at the head. The problem the M16A4 has along with some other weapons is the 3 round burst mode.

In semi auto or full auto you aim for the head initially and control your burst speed/length based on the range. With burst only weapons the burst length is always the same, so you have change both your initial aimpoint and burst speed or do some unusual recoil control.

Here are your options:
1. Learn the weapon burst pattern and aim initially at the head where the last bullet will hit. This means aiming at the chest and learning how much recoil you need to compensate for. This is hard to do because different ranges require different compensation.

2. Aim at the head initially and learn to pull down strongly at the start of each burst. With enough practice you can get all the bullets in the burst to land in the same spot. The problem with this is that your aim will be thrown off after each burst, forcing you to twitch aim back to the head after each burst.

3. Only use burst mode in close range combat, sub 20m range. Use single shot for mid-long range. Obviously you end up trading TTK for accuracy, but if you want headshots you need greater accuracy. This isn't as bad as it might seem if you can click fast and control your aim, as headshots will double your killing speed.

The only other options can't be used on the M16A4, they are tap-firing or switch to 2 round burst mode (which is missing from BF4 at the moment).
yeah I know, I m thinking about picking up the ACE23 as my 2nd go to gun, and practise HS with it. this is going to be the competitive go-to gun right?
I was hoping that with the TSM the burst of the M16A4 should be super accurate.
I will practise aiming at the head and pulling down.
Btw what do you mean by twitch aiming? like as in readjusting your aim on moving targets?

This is a quick video I made to get me un-banned from servers in bf3. It shows the general tactics of playing with a high hs ratio. Hopefully you can glean some play style tips from it.

aah good ol BF3, thanks, yeah I see how you aim at the head and compensate the recoil, nice work.
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, December 14th 2013, 11:54pm

This is a quick video I made to get me un-banned from servers in bf3. It shows the general tactics of playing with a high hs ratio. Hopefully you can glean some play style tips from it.

BF3 TDM Noshair Canals - Second Playthrough - YouTube

Dunno, I didn't watch the whole thing, but your TTK would be twice as fast if you actually aimed at their torso instead of magdumping above their head =/

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, December 16th 2013, 4:22pm

Btw what do you mean by twitch aiming? like as in readjusting your aim on moving targets?

Twitch aim is fast muscle memory aiming. If you have to put extra effort or focus into the aiming you are not twitch aiming. That is why I have been practicing for about 15 years at aiming exclusively at the head. You have to build up muscle memory and a strong grip on the sides of a mouse to twitch aim at the head, since you are aiming at a target ~1/6th the size of normal.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 20th 2013, 10:29am

Twitch aim is fast muscle memory aiming. If you have to put extra effort or focus into the aiming you are not twitch aiming. That is why I have been practicing for about 15 years at aiming exclusively at the head. You have to build up muscle memory and a strong grip on the sides of a mouse to twitch aim at the head, since you are aiming at a target ~1/6th the size of normal.
I see I will have to check whether I do that too, I guess the process is subconscious for me.
Also I guess I need to consciously start aiming at the head....

Btw I was using mostly the M16A4 with a HB and angled so far but when I switched to the AEK with Compensator I was getting A LOT more headshots.
So I'd say having an effective gun is a pre-requisite.
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.

Date of registration
: Nov 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 20th 2013, 11:06am

I see I will have to check whether I do that too, I guess the process is subconscious for me.
Also I guess I need to consciously start aiming at the head....

Btw I was using mostly the M16A4 with a HB and angled so far but when I switched to the AEK with Compensator I was getting A LOT more headshots.
So I'd say having an effective gun is a pre-requisite.

I use the M16 a fair bit with a 21% hs rate. I found that with the heavy barrel the recoil was slightly too strong for precise aiming.

for close/mid range i run it with stock barrel, and by compensating for the recoil it is fairly easy to achieve headshots. As was mentioned before try and hit upper chest/neck while slightly moving mouse downwards/left works best for me. It will take some practice, but i think its easier to be consistent with a burst weapn where you know you're always gonna fire exactly 3 rounds with roughly the same recoil.

Another good way of just generally training to quickly aim for the head is to use DMRs. Ive been doing this more and more lately, and since DMR damage is pure crap the only way to get kills consistently is by putting some rounds in the head. Try with a 3.4 or 4x scope first and then move to a holo/rds to get comfortable with for your ARs is my suggestion.

Date of registration
: Jun 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, December 20th 2013, 3:50pm

Make headshots.

/thread

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 12:54am

Dunno, I didn't watch the whole thing, but your TTK would be twice as fast if you actually aimed at their torso instead of magdumping above their head =/

This is really the heart of the issue. Maximizing your headshot ratio by only aiming for the head is, in my honest opinion, just another form of statpadding, like camping in the hills for high K/D, stacking teams for high W/L, and so forth. If you're a genuinely objective-oriented player you'd just aim for the torso, maximize your TTK, and get those bad guys off your caps that much quicker.
My soldier profile. Numbers are overrated anyway.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 21st 2013, 2:00am

Going for headshots at the cost of accuracy is statpadding. If you can't maintain at least 20% accuracy with an auto/burst fire weapon while going for headshots then you should use a different weapon or start aiming for the chest.

Headshots are for killing efficiency, like when you need to kill multiple targets in a single mag. You can kill each target faster then use that extra bit of time to engage the next target, all while using less ammo to do it. I get "hackusations" all the time because I out shoot people consistently in 1 vs 1 fights. Even the kills that don't count as headshots usually had the first few bullets that hit the head and the last to the chest, reducing TTK. In close combat reaction time + weapon TTK is important and headshots are not as viable for the average player. At mid-long ranges headshots can improve TTK, but are much harder. A 4x sight starts to rapidly lose precision past 150m (as the heads are smaller than the reticule can point at) and to even accurately hit at that range you will need a bipod.

Being able to twitch aim to the head in close quarters, while still able to precision aim at long ranges is the primary difficulty. One technique I have seen people successful with on PC is to use lower mouse sensitivity and learn to make large rapid movements for close combat. I personally use medium sensitivity (1000dpi x-axis 2000dpi y-axis ~17% in game) and grip the sides of the mouse very tight. Every movement is smaller because it is like threading a needle at high speed. Beyond 150m with a 4x scope I end up making sub millimeter adjustments with my mouse. I don't commonly fight at those ranges but it shows how hard it can be.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 22nd 2013, 5:00pm

Going for headshots at the cost of accuracy is statpadding. If you can't maintain at least 20% accuracy with an auto/burst fire weapon while going for headshots then you should use a different weapon or start aiming for the chest.

Headshots are for killing efficiency, like when you need to kill multiple targets in a single mag. You can kill each target faster then use that extra bit of time to engage the next target, all while using less ammo to do it. I get "hackusations" all the time because I out shoot people consistently in 1 vs 1 fights. Even the kills that don't count as headshots usually had the first few bullets that hit the head and the last to the chest, reducing TTK. In close combat reaction time + weapon TTK is important and headshots are not as viable for the average player. At mid-long ranges headshots can improve TTK, but are much harder. A 4x sight starts to rapidly lose precision past 150m (as the heads are smaller than the reticule can point at) and to even accurately hit at that range you will need a bipod.

Being able to twitch aim to the head in close quarters, while still able to precision aim at long ranges is the primary difficulty. One technique I have seen people successful with on PC is to use lower mouse sensitivity and learn to make large rapid movements for close combat. I personally use medium sensitivity (1000dpi x-axis 2000dpi y-axis ~17% in game) and grip the sides of the mouse very tight. Every movement is smaller because it is like threading a needle at high speed. Beyond 150m with a 4x scope I end up making sub millimeter adjustments with my mouse. I don't commonly fight at those ranges but it shows how hard it can be.

so do you start shooting at the chest and let the recoil do the work or right at the head and then pull down to land all shots as headshots?
Moving ADS spread values

Funny quotes

now I'd jerk off a hobo

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, December 23rd 2013, 9:16am

so do you start shooting at the chest and let the recoil do the work or right at the head and then pull down to land all shots as headshots?

For most weapons head first then pull down, but some work better at the chest. High recoil weapons will make you miss alot if you aim for the head.