Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Endo Dizzy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 4:38am

Help a noob out...

Alright, to all the battlefield vets on here I sincerely apologize. You will probbaly read this and just never hope to see my gamertag on your team in a agme lobby ever..

As the title suggest, I am a battlefield noob. Never owned a bf game till 3 days ago when I decided to buy BF4 and the premium along with it. I absolutely love the game. All the dynamics, strategies, playing styles, everything.. But I suck to say the least.. Average K/D being 15-7 on average in TDM and in Rush its around the same.

My main point of buisness is trying to find the best AR for medium range distances, but can still handle its own in short distances. I play mainly assault, just because when I play with my friends I like being the medic and reviving/ healing everyone. Yes, yes I know, everyone hates the assault players but oh well, thats what I do. I'm not up to par with knowledge in this game at all. I've read some of the other threads and fail to comprehend the apexts involved.

In the simplest terms possible, I need to know what good AR guns/ set ups there are for medium (mainly how I like to fight) to close range (when I revive my mates and am face to face with an enemy) engagements. To any of the BF vets, again, sorry for the headache/ SMH moment. Hopefully you can laugh it off and help me out real quick xD

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 4:45am

Have you tried the Ace 23, M416, or the AK-12 out yet?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 4:48am

Only a level 6, just unlocked the M416, I'll give it a shot. Been using the Scar since I unlocked it, have it with a heavy barrel/ acog/ angled grip. But I will try the others once I get them. Thanks (:

x5iriu5x

Companion Box

(428)

Date of registration
: Jun 8th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 5:07am

I don't have the game, but to help your general battlefield skill since you just got the game, I would suggest playing the campaign threw. I know, ew not the campaign. It can help you however just learn "the game". Then maybe even go into an empty server with someone else to see what fits you best along with statistics. No matter how good the gun is on paper, that doesn't mean it will fit you.

As for best rifle...what pheo listed.
Call me Siri. It makes life simpler. Also hate me. It makes Symthic servers run.

Sorry for my random absences, Soldier life takes priority.

x5iriu5x

Companion Box

(428)

Date of registration
: Jun 8th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 5:09am

DOUBLE POST #ABOVETHELAW

WELCOME TO SYMTHIC <3

Oh and also. Everyone was a noob once. Don't worry about it :D
Call me Siri. It makes life simpler. Also hate me. It makes Symthic servers run.

Sorry for my random absences, Soldier life takes priority.

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 5:11am

Oh and also. Everyone was a noob once. Don't worry about it

Nope. I was born to be a MLG pro.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 5:18am

I don't have the game, but to help your general battlefield skill since you just got the game, I would suggest playing the campaign threw. I know, ew not the campaign. It can help you however just learn "the game". Then maybe even go into an empty server with someone else to see what fits you best along with statistics. No matter how good the gun is on paper, that doesn't mean it will fit you.

Alright thanks bro, I think I'll start up the campaign and get rollin. At least I'll get achievements too ;D
But yeah I'm still learning, read a lot on the Ace 23 so I'm eager to gran that one eventually.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 6:23am

As you unlock guns try them out on the test range, shoot the barrels not the targets because the barrels have 100+ hp the same as an enemy soldier. That will give you a good idea of how the gun will perform in your hands. The rest pretty much comes with time.

Don't get set in a routine, like Sun Tzu said; be like water. Or a river. Or whatever. Infact go ahead and read the art of war as it will surely g e you some insight into basic strategy.

Occassionally you can actually benefit from learning from your enemies and even other teammates. Take advantage of those opportunities.

Lastly, remember its a game and the point of playing games is to have fun. Too often I find myself cursing DICE and their halfwit programming when I get stuck on broken walls or my tank starts sliding around, or I'll question the enemies sexual preferences when they kill me. I actually get angry, when there's no logical reason to.

Learning requires making mistakes, and getting upset over mistakes isn't going to make you less likely to repeat them.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Nov 22nd 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 7:25am

I also generally play close to mid range, and for me, AEK-971 > all. It absolutely shreds people up close, and the once you learn the recoil, you'll have no problems at medium range either.

Other than that, the L85A2 also looks good. I haven't unlocked it, but seen videos and it seems promising. I'd also mention the SCAR-H, for its high damage,but it fires quite slowly so you have to be really accurate in close-quarters.

You can try the ACE 23 or the M416, but they fire slowler than the L85 (and much slower than the AEK) , and seem slightly better suited to medium+ ranges.

Love knows no language. Suppression knows no range.
Top 2% in the world for Suppression Assists :D

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 8th 2013, 7:33am

Alright, to all the battlefield vets on here I sincerely apologize. You will probbaly read this and just never hope to see my gamertag on your team in a agme lobby ever..

As the title suggest, I am a battlefield noob. Never owned a bf game till 3 days ago when I decided to buy BF4 and the premium along with it. I absolutely love the game. All the dynamics, strategies, playing styles, everything.. But I suck to say the least.. Average K/D being 15-7 on average in TDM and in Rush its around the same.

My main point of buisness is trying to find the best AR for medium range distances, but can still handle its own in short distances. I play mainly assault, just because when I play with my friends I like being the medic and reviving/ healing everyone. Yes, yes I know, everyone hates the assault players but oh well, thats what I do. I'm not up to par with knowledge in this game at all. I've read some of the other threads and fail to comprehend the apexts involved.

In the simplest terms possible, I need to know what good AR guns/ set ups there are for medium (mainly how I like to fight) to close range (when I revive my mates and am face to face with an enemy) engagements. To any of the BF vets, again, sorry for the headache/ SMH moment. Hopefully you can laugh it off and help me out real quick xD

-dot+laser+nothing+ergo works well on many guns and I think you usually unlock them towards the beginning of each gun (except pistols)
-only use irons/reddot/coyote/kobra for sights
-keep using m416 like you are doing
-the next good gun you unlock is the AEK. kobra/coyote+laser+compensator+angled is a popular setup for it.
-the next good gun after that is the ACE23. coyote+laser+nothing+ergo is popular. some people don't like laser, some use muzzle brake and some like angled grip

just use p226 until you unlock 93R. those are the best 2 pistols

edit: the scarh, m16a4 and qbz951 are alright but m416, aek, ace23 are much better