Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 03:37. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 25th 2013, 3:11pm

Oh and disabled jets should have their ejection seats disabled. Or at least credit the disabler with the kill when they die out of zone or w/e

Ejection seats shouldn't be disabled, but deaths 11s after ejection due to hitting the ground or OoB should credit the disabler with the kill. Also mobility hits that cause the vehicle to crash and explode with the occupant(s) still inside should count as kills as well without awarding all the points for doing all the damage and the "Vehicle Disabled" points for bringing the vehicle below the disable threshold. It would at least award the attacker, while also giving the victim(s) some info on what, who, and from where.

I think it should at least credit the disabler with the vehicle destroy even if the pilot ejects. It has happened so many times where I've disabled/crit-shotted an air vehicle and -- OOP! EJECT, NO POINTS FOR YOU, EVEN THOUGH YOU SPENT A FEW MINUTES TRYING TO TAKE IT DOWN :cursing:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

• "Thehaxusator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 27th 2013, 3:18pm

Vehicle/Infantry balance aside for a moment, does anyone else feel that some of the maps are really imbalanced towards one side or the other?

From what I can tell, Zavod seems to favor the US side, since the (E) trainyard and (F) tower points are easier to clear than the (A) bunker complex and (B) residential block on the Russian side. Also if the US team manages to control the factory rooftop their snipers can take out people near the (E) trainyard. Conversely, Russian snipers will have a much harder time shooting through the trees to the (B) residential block and people can hide in the buildings a lot easier.

Silk Road seems to favor the Chinese a lot. US infantry in the dunes is easy pickings. US armor also has a much harder time since Chinese armor can park on the cliffs and shoot down on them. The central point is surrounded by cliffs and rocks which are great cover for Chinese snipers, while the Dunes are poor cover for US snipers. There are only a handful of ground routes from the US side up the cliffs to get to the high points on the plateau. Also, although the terrain is a bit rougher, the Chinese can get to the central point quicker and there is a Starstreak pickup on the cliffs which can help secure them an air advantage. (C) point on the US side of the map is particularly vulnerable to Chinese armor and snipers sitting up on the cliffs shooting down, while none of the Chinese points can be covered with fire from an easily accessed position on the US side.

This isn't to say that the disadvantaged team can't win, but it feels like an uphill struggle when on the disadvantaged team.

Thats definitely a thing. Faction balancing isnt really dices thing it seems :P. Many bf3 maps were also really unbalanced, like kargh or firestorm where the us team had a big advantage in terms of cover for their spawn and their air vehicles; not even talking of us air vehicles being superior....

• "Thehaxusator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 27th 2013, 3:23pm

So i kindof wanted to wrap things up and collect all of your ideas you posted here into one post. It would be even more awesomee if i could create a new thread, where everything will be listed (maybe even paired with balancing suggestions concerning other topics like weapons and map layout balancing). This thread could then be locken (therefore everything would have to be discussed and made clear before creating this thread). The main purpose of this thread would be to be tweeted to alan kerz or other dice staff, so they can have a look at valid suggestions for balancing of members of this forum. So what do the moderators think? Am i allowed to create such a thread?
I will edit this post soon and write all ideas in here so you all can give further comments.

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 27th 2013, 4:13pm

An interesting idea, but I see two possible flaws:
1. There may not be a consensus (and indeed it would surprise me if there was) about what needs rebalancing.
2. DICE may consider the balance fine as it is. While weapon and gadget balancing might be subjective and liable to change post-release, I would think they wouldn't deliberately release maps that they consider to be imbalanced.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, December 27th 2013, 5:16pm

It's funny cause I think Zavod heavily favors RU.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"