Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

REexpert44

Laser Eyes

(69)

Date of registration
: Jun 11th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 9:44pm

I love to be the ammo guy and my team loves me for it. Right now one of my favorite kits to run is a Support with a Carbine, M9, XM25 Dart, Ammo box and minis.

You can be very aggressive and you have weapons good for every situation. I always drop the ammo to groups in need when i can. Even if they dont need the ammo they get a box to top off the 2 pistol bullets they shot by accident. One thing i love to do is keep hitting the "I need ammo" on the commorose when playing support so my icon on the radar becomes a flashing ammo box saying "Come to me everyone!".
PSN:REexpert44

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 10:43pm

2 ammo pack (the little ones) resupply minis faster than you can throw them.

• "Queso Stake" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 13th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 11:25pm

No way! Ammo pack resupplied grenade????? :O

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 11:32pm

No way! Ammo pack resupplied grenade????? :O

Yup!

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 11:43pm

Good hints but I disagree with you on two points:
1) You should NEVER EVER EVER un-equip the ammo pack or ammo bag as Support! It doesn't matter WHAT equipment you want if you haven't got ammo then you're hurting yourself and those around you!
2) Ammo is ALWAYS needed. There is no % of people who die before using all their ammo, that's entirely irrelevant, especially on tank and vehicle maps. Special ammo is in lower supply than standard bullets and will therefore be needed constantly.

Apart from that you've got a fairly cool little list there :)
Mind if I add a couple of things?

You can throw the Ammo Bag further than you think, by jumping and throwing in sequence you can get it pretty far; Not as far as in BF3 but further than you think!
Ammo pack isn't entirely useless, the rate at which is resupplies standard ammo and its spamability means its great on less vehicle-heavy maps like Locker or Guilin.
Get into the habit of spamming '3' (Or whatever you've got ammo pack/bag bound to) upon spawn so you throw one down immediately, this means you've got the pack and can focus on other tasks. Works even better if you're spawning on teammates and contested objectives.

That's all I've got for now without going into general Support stuff :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Nov 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 6th 2013, 7:58am

As a new support guy in BF4 (BF3 all time assault) I have to say that dropping ammo box is sometimes irritating. For example:
I see that guy is short in ammo - I throw it to him but he instantly run somethere else, I run after him but we finish dead soon...
Very often when I throw ammo to somebody just to throw and nobody take it because they run to other position... frustrating.
Snipers with their camping nature are easy picks, they are mostly happy to see me dropping ammo box :)
Ammo guy on quad - great idea on some maps and some game modes.

Drop ammo when he asks you to.
People usually get frustrated and forget to look around when low on ammo.
You can't outrun them 99% of the time, so you have to wait til he finally recognize you :(
Drop it on cover ONLY. Else, you will make your teammate an easy target.
If you really want to help your team, choose resupply field upgrade and drop ammo box on area where it seems to be a good cover. Your team will get their eventually and use your box.
So true. Never chase them. They need them, they should come to you.

I do support very aggressively. I basically throw my ammo box whenever i am not firing / moving. So you can almost see an ammo box right under my feet. Same as my medic box when I do assault. Its free, why not spam it :D

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, December 6th 2013, 9:16am

Maybe the one time I could see a support NOT rolling with an ammo box is if he's in a fully premade squad that travels together and its guaranteed another designated ammo-carrying support will be present.

Otherwise, the ability to supply additional ammo is invaluable to a team. Engineers in particular are extremely ammo-hungry; they only pack enough rockets to destroy one, maybe two vehicles, assuming they never miss--and when they're out of rocket ammo they're severely crippled as a class. Every smart engineer will always head to an ammo crate as soon as he sees one.

In other words, yes, ammo crates are primarily useful for restoring gadget ammo (though the fact that they restore bullets is nice, too), but that's still a very, very important job, not to be underestimated.

Additionally, yes, ammo packs restore ammo faster than crates, but an important downside is that your teammate has to stand directly on top of the ammo pack to replenish his ammo supply (which some players don't know to do), whereas the crate you can just throw down and everyone in its vicinity will receive its benefits.
My soldier profile. Numbers are overrated anyway.