Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, December 6th 2013, 2:35am

And I just couldn't get my head around that. Why would EA, who hasn't ever given a shit about it's costumers, suddenly care. And not only that, but the biggest money grabbing gaming producer in the world would knowingly reduce their income by the delays.
So I still don't quite get it, I have a feeling either:
a) DICE made the call and showed some balls telling EA that bug fixing would be priority 1
b) This is a bit of a publicity stunt (although a bad one with shares going down like that), because the next DLC (after Second Assault ofc) wasn't planned to release anytime soon anyway.

DICE is just as guilty as EA in this entire mess. .

How so? It's not their fault if EA rushed them...

BanzaiB

To much tv is the cause of death

(212)

Date of registration
: Jan 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, December 6th 2013, 2:47am

Shit, I miss Operation Metro rush 32p badly. Announcement that Second Assault is temporarily xbox exclusive broke my heart, now they are saying we need to fix the game first. Why release it then? DICE + EA are biggest trolls ever.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, December 6th 2013, 3:10am

I just hope that DICE takes its time to fix all of the bugs, but doesn't take so long that the rest of us are still waiting for Second Assault in June.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,305)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 6th 2013, 10:47am

I can not really understand this. Second Assault must be finished as well, otherwise it would not work on the XBox. They might just as well release it and then fix the undoubtedly coming new bugs with the DLC at the same time as the rest instead of delaying and postponing a DLC that is at the ready.

I am usually rather relaxed with this sort of thing, and I was not too bothered about the bugs, and I just avoided SoS on any gamemode since I awlays crash several times on it. But when looking at it I have to say that BF4 was a big mess at release, and still is, bug wise. And yeah, both the publisher and the developers have to be blamed for this.

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, December 6th 2013, 10:54am

Shit, I miss Operation Metro rush 32p badly. Announcement that Second Assault is temporarily xbox exclusive broke my heart, now they are saying we need to fix the game first. Why release it then? DICE + EA are biggest trolls ever.

All DLCs since BF3 have been temp Xbox exclusive. It's just a week or so.
Lemmings be lemmings

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, December 6th 2013, 11:15am

I have a really hard time EA is putting all other development at DICE completely on hold while they're fixing BF4. For one thing a there will be a lot of people there, such as artists, level designers, etc whose skills are not relevant to BF4s problems. Secondly, throwing loads more programmers onto a software project that's already late is a well-known recipe for disaster. It takes time to become familiar with a code base and be able to to productive work on it, so what happens is that the existing developers spend their time bringing the newcomers up to speed rather than working on the problems themselves, so nothing much gets done for a while.

So my guess is that they're just pulling some key people who already know the BF4 code away from other projects to fix bugs in BF4. That means the other development will slow but not stop completely.
bob

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, December 6th 2013, 3:15pm

I think this is good news, though late in coming.

IMO it's obvious that, since China Rising is already out, they were spending resources on developing the DLC's instead of completing testing on the base product. One month later is way too soon to release the first DLC.

Sure it's OK to send artists and others to get the DLC's started, but otherwise all developers should be hands on the base product at release until all bugness is unbugged. Not sure what a good time frame should be, but IMO three months is a reasonable target, with that date pushed back if there are major issues as there are currently. Maybe four months is better.
Swyck

• "Col. Walter E Kurtz" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, December 6th 2013, 4:19pm

I think this is good news, though late in coming.

IMO it's obvious that, since China Rising is already out, they were spending resources on developing the DLC's instead of completing testing on the base product. One month later is way too soon to release the first DLC.

Sure it's OK to send artists and others to get the DLC's started, but otherwise all developers should be hands on the base product at release until all bugness is unbugged. Not sure what a good time frame should be, but IMO three months is a reasonable target, with that date pushed back if there are major issues as there are currently. Maybe four months is better.

No way. They are going to declare all major issues fixed in 4 weeks at the most.

4 months of development time equals huge costs.