Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Bitework" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 7:46am

Unlocking the UCAV...

Yeah so.... Has anyone on console unlocked this and if so do you have any tips? I specify console because currently there aren't any rentable servers on console and thus every match is 100% tickets.

Winning an air superiority match was easy enough but getting 3 5 kill jet ribbons has been so frustrating. I've dropped from 2.15 kdr to 2.11 and my quit % has shot up by like 12% in the span of 3 hours, and I didn't get a single ribbon.

I've abandoned playing AS to get the kills as the matches end in 5 minutes and its too chaotic, someone else's heat seekers always kill your target.
On cq large I'm faced with not only opposing jets, but the MAA's extreme reach and the auto turret coupled with the constrained flight area has shown me no mercy.

I've heard you can use the attack jets to get the ribbons but even then I might get one kill and be shot down or end up bailing out.
I'm not a very good pilot, infact half the time i am shooting a helicopter I end up crashing into it before I can shoot it down which just KIAs both of us. I try going for the gunship but that requires so many prerequisites and then my MAA usually shreds it on the immediate.

I've already decided stealth jets are total trash all around.

I'm going to try and coordinate with a friend in the MAA so he can disable enemy air and I can swoop in for the kill or he can outright kill them while I focus on ground units. Failing that I'm just going to find 4 other guys willing to boost it via piling into a transport heli/IFV.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bitework" (Dec 5th 2013, 8:01am)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 8:13am

try it on paracel storm (avoid flying close to B if the enemy has it).
Find a attack boat and go for the kill. While you line up and shoot, use break to slow down. One full burst of the attack jet cannon can kill the attack boat.
Often there are at least 2-3 people on the boat ;)

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 11:41am

also you can use lazer guided rocket. target enemy RHIB or a jetski and launch both rockets, no need to risk

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 11:56am

I'm on PC but this'll really help if there is an enemy commander. Just use the Attack Jet on Gunships. Killing that thing is so easy, it's almost unfair. Line up an entire strafing run and you can net 3 kills at a time. Do it twice, and that's one Jet Ribbon. If your enemy commander is REALLY dumb, you can farm quite a few kills this way. Then of course, you can also try Transpo Helis and ROFLBoats.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "Bitework" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 12:07pm

Didn't think about the rockets vs RHIB boats. Do the 2 rockets destroy the boats?
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 2:17pm

you can check damage on the site, i think it does. but rhib boats, not the floating tanks aka "fast attack boats"

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 6:53pm

I'm on PC but this'll really help if there is an enemy commander. Just use the Attack Jet on Gunships. Killing that thing is so easy, it's almost unfair. Line up an entire strafing run and you can net 3 kills at a time. Do it twice, and that's one Jet Ribbon. If your enemy commander is REALLY dumb, you can farm quite a few kills this way. Then of course, you can also try Transpo Helis and ROFLBoats.
^ THIS... Almost killed a gunship once by doing this. Got to Vehicle Hit 76, then I had to pull out of my strafing run, only to get mowed by someone in their maxed-out J-20.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)