Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

• "Octopuss" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 5:11pm

Your vehicle mouse sensitivity

How do you have it set up (possibly along with mouse DPI), and why?

I can't seem to figure out any reasonable setting. I am not even sure whether I want (or should) the main gun to be able to turn around 180 in one mouse move or not. Sometimes I feel like I am dead before I can turn around quickly, and when I change it too much it's waving around like a dick and aiming is pretty difficult. I guess the main question is whether the main gun is supposed to move around quickly or not.

Currently I use 2400DPI and have vehicle sensitivity set to 20%.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 5:21pm

GstInput.MouseSensitivity 0.022500
GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle 0.300000

Mouse DPI is 3500

Windows Sensitivity is at default (middle of the bar), mouse acceleration in windows turned off, obviously.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:11am

My main problem with vehicle sensitivity in BF4 is that the scout helicopter sensitivity is way too high relative to other vehicles, so I set my sensitivity to work well with other vehicles but whenever I use a scout chopper I can't hit anything and it's too sensitive and goes all over the place.

GstInput.MouseSensitivityVehicle 0.105000
DPI = 1620

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 9:13am

Uh, can you post ingame settings instead of those meaningless numbers from config file? :P
I also realized the nonlinear movement acceleration of tank's turret is killing me. If I set sensitivity high enough so I don't have to lift mouse off the pad 5 times in order to do 180, I can't aim for shit.. sigh.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 12:07pm

15 and 20

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 12:02pm

I have my vehicle sensitivity set so that a 360 as a gunner is the same distance on my mouse pad as a hipfire 360 on foot. The sensitivities for other vehicles fall where they may.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 1:07pm

It seems impossible to find a good value for this. At the default low value it takes forever to turn the vehicle turrets around, but at high values where the turret is comfortable to use, the gunner MG is super-sensitive and very hard to use accurately. The best solution is probably a mouse that can change sensitivity on the fly.
bob

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 1:32pm

It seems impossible to find a good value for this. At the default low value it takes forever to turn the vehicle turrets around, but at high values where the turret is comfortable to use, the gunner MG is super-sensitive and very hard to use accurately. The best solution is probably a mouse that can change sensitivity on the fly.
If you can handle switching sensitivities on the fly, that is probably a good solution. I tried that in BF3 but it mostly ended up with me getting killed as soon as I left a vehicle since my sensitivity was all fucked up. In the situations where you have to bail from a vehicle the first thing that comes to mind is most often not "time to change my sensitivity! :)". But if you can handle it it might be a good solution.

Another solution could be changing around the sensitivities for different vehicles in the cfg file.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 1:40pm

I tried that in BF3 but it mostly ended up with me getting killed as soon as I left a vehicle since my sensitivity was all fucked up.

Same. And even when using a mouse where sensitivity changing was fast & easy. Really infuriating.

Solution: when playing with randoms, I always drive. Period. When playing with friends in a gunner/torcher role, I change the vehicle mouse sensitivity to give the walking hip sensitivity.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 3:01pm

I tried that in BF3 but it mostly ended up with me getting killed as soon as I left a vehicle since my sensitivity was all fucked up.

Same. And even when using a mouse where sensitivity changing was fast & easy. Really infuriating.

Solution: when playing with randoms, I always drive. Period. When playing with friends in a gunner/torcher role, I change the vehicle mouse sensitivity to give the walking hip sensitivity.

Yeah, exactly that. Only I never drive, I don't like getting people killed pointlessly :D

I am really annoyed how DICE didn't change one bit about this. As a bonus, in BF4 zoom optics seem to screw the sensitivity even further, resulting in really stuttery movement, as if I was playing on extremely slow graphic card.