Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Queso Stake" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 13th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 25th 2013, 7:50am

Aggressive Support?

Basically, it's a run-and-gun style of play just like any assault class. Only difference is support have inferior gun, but have much more gadget versatility.
I know many of you played like this back in BF3 with m27, but whenever the argument on support arise things pretty much sums up as support being defensive-only class.

And since I've never seen any video to flip that argument, I've decided to make videos to prove support can play aggressive.

Flood zone play

Lancang dam play

Couldn't record much of gadget use on these two, but these are my first take so I might get better next time :P
Play aggressive!

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, November 25th 2013, 9:28am

Didn't watch the videos but I have no idea why anyone would assert that support can't be played aggressively in BF4, especially now that carbines are always an option. And even so, I think that some LMGs are very well suited towards an aggressive playstyle with the right attachments, just not a hyper-aggressive one. Vertical grip in particular makes the moving inaccuracy of LMGs much more bearable and I would highly recommend it over any of the other underbarrel attachments on LMGs. Bipods are worthless IMO for "serious" play, always been, always will.

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 25th 2013, 9:37am

While their hip-fire and moving spread are quite bad, the belt-fed LMGs have the potential to be great point weapons as they have a huge supply of bullets, and you can eradicate entire squads on your own if you get a good flank going. Not having to reload means you can just rush up without stopping.

Furthermore, many of the support gadgets are geared towards assaulting entrenched defenders: mortar, XM25 (airburst and dart), and the new UCAV. Also, the ammo box means that you have a never-ending supply of grenades that you can bombard the enemy with.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 25th 2013, 9:42am

Bipods are worthless IMO for "serious" play, always been, always will.

8|
ib4 Aenonar
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, November 25th 2013, 9:50am

Bipods are not limited to camping, they are easily used aggressively on the open maps, where medium+ range firefights are the rule. The bipod only takes a moment to deploy, and then you have a laser capable of outsniping snipers and mowing down entire squads faster than they can return fire.

An LMG with a laser sight and vertical grip is pretty good in close quarters.
bob

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, November 25th 2013, 10:08am

IMHO bipods are best used for a "lazy aggression" tactic for the support player. Squad pushes up together to a point of cover just before the point of contention, Support sets up LMG on bipod overlooking the area, rest of squad moves in while Support covers, squad takes area, support comes in to resupply.
Now that squads are 5, I think it makes sense for the squad leader to play dedicated medic and hang back with the support to watch his back. Other 3 squad members (Recon/SpecOps? Engineer? Assault(s).) push forward and get shit done, squad leader serves as active spawn point in case of trouble, once a point is taken the SL can move up and rez/heal squad members.

As far as moving with the squad, I think a grip and an intelligent use of fire control is better.

For point defense, no question a bipod is the way to go.

I never really played a defensive role in any BF game unless it just happened to play out that way (counter-attack on a flag, for example.). I preferred using the IAR and MG36, and then the L86 when it was released, to the belt feds but I still loved using the M240B/M249 in some situations where I did my "lazy aggressive" approach.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 25th 2013, 10:13am

I play aggresive support with my MG4 on Domination HC maps.
Its great, that feel of the great RPM and 200 bullets in mag , love it.
Unlimited ammo, some claymores (4pieces) on defended flags or XM25 for campers, creating suppresion, its really enjoying.
Had had many hackusations since I started playing agrresivelly with MG4 :P
I don't see a reason to use AR now, they have similar accuracy to LMGs but without 200 bullets in mag.
JOIN MY PLATOON - GROM TEAM (we use AN-94)

Date of registration
: Jun 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, November 25th 2013, 12:50pm

M249

BAM! Aggressive support.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 7:13am

In bf4 not using a bipod on the LMGs is actually a viable choice now, and with the new and improved accuracy they have I'd say they're just as capable as assault rifles for aggressive play. I've only just started using the SAW, but I've found myself barely using the bipod, with the increased player count and changed suppression mechanics Any time I'm bipoded I'm just asking to be sniped and that's usually what happens. I'm not saying its useless, but its been my experience the windows where you're in a situation that using the bipod with good effect are far more narrow when you're playing aggressively.

I have no doubt its still the superior choice for defensive purposes.

To summarize; you can play aggressively with support, and you don't need carbines/shotguns to do it.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Jul 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 12:01pm

I used bipod MG4 quite effectively on Flood Zone DOM. There are quite a few stone ledges you can deploy on, in addition to all the rooftops, or even going prone on one of the many walkways. You're able to duel with all the rooftop and shack campers.