Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 11:36am

:S

I want the HCBF3 back in BF4... ok no minimap is more HC but all scout stuff to help ppl is use less, suppressor, claymore etc etc... it's ridiculus and I think I will come back like BFBC2 in normal mode, or search custom server who look like HC BF3.

I dislike orange flares on my head, kill cam and marvel's player in Core mode :thumbdown: ?(
I dislike no minimap, and no little mark when you hit someonein Hcore mode :thumbdown: ?(

Crap :huh: I'm betwen 2 mode, If Die will be smart they will propose 3 mode Normal, Hardcore (like BF3), Extrem (like BF4) :thumbup:

Playlist win and fail BF4 :D lot of lol :P
BAM NITRONAT & FRIENDS - YouTube

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 27th 2013, 6:36pm

As I said in the other HC thread, I played almost exclusively HC in BF3, but in BF4 I just don't like it and haven't managed to get a feel for it.
In HC snipers have always been a big problem in the more open maps, in the same way that shotguns have always been a problem in more confined ones. I would avoid maps like Gulf of Oman and Markaz Monolith because of this. In BF4 it isn't any better either, with the first moments of the map often being the snipers rushing to grab helicopters so they can perch on top of any tall structures in the map.
But more than anything else, the lack of hit markers is an unwelcome change too far for me.
I acknowledge that it isn't realistic to get a hit indicator, but with the current netcode issues, the lack of visual representation when you do hit an enemy and the fact that due to object clipping in the maps your bullets may not even be getting further than the cover you are hiding behind, I think they are currently necessary.

I agree with BuddhaSmite's views as well, although it will take a long time with the BF4 unlock system for people to be happy to play on unranked servers consistently.

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, November 28th 2013, 5:10am

did not dice state recently that they would be re introducing bf3 hc server setups another default option ?
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Oct 3rd 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, November 29th 2013, 3:52pm

did not dice state recently that they would be re introducing bf3 hc server setups another default option ?

I hadn't heard that. I think I'd still do my custom thing, though. Still, it would be welcome news to me. I'd much rather play that familiar setting than BF4's current.

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, November 29th 2013, 4:03pm

I just want friendlies to be always visible like in BF3 HC. That with 60% health is good enough for me, whatever the other settings.

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, November 29th 2013, 4:50pm

I can see the thinking behind not having friendly appear until you aim at them, but I think that should only apply beyond a certain distance. In close range (50m or less) they should appear to lessen the friendly fire incidents.

Date of registration
: Apr 14th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 1:26am

After finally getting to play Hardcore (and BF4), I can say that Hardcore is awesome, but is not without flaw.

Pros
- No mini-map is great and I'm really glad to see it gone
- Damage is right on the money with 90% of the weapons
- Vehicles can dominate, yet aren't as tough to bring down as they were in BF3

Cons
- The friendly tag LOS sucks. It either needs to be fixed, or friendlies need to always be marked. Preferably the first one.
- RGO Impact grenades and the Mini grenades are every bit as deadly as the regular frags in Hardcore, and I'd say they're much more deadly. They need to be looked at for Hardcore.
- Hitmarkers. I didn't think I'd miss them, but I'd rather them be included. I can live without them or get used to no hitmarkers though. Some weapons (like the AGMs) need hitmarkers to verify a hit sometimes.
- Some weapons (mainly the .338 and .408 sniper rifles) are too much. I feel like they grant OHK's wherever they hit, rather than the torso/head. This is more of an overall caveat, but whatever possessed DICE to keep including sub-8x optics for bolt-actions is beyond me.

The rest of my critiques have to do with BF4 (narrow map boundaries, poor map design, in-air spawns, etc.)

EDIT - Forgot to add. The mag disappearing when you perform a tactical reload is ABSOLUTELY absurd. It's not a feature, it's a mistake. One wouldn't simply TOSS a mag with 29/30 rounds, one would put it into a drop bag or back into the pouch from which the mag was drawn. If DICE wants Hardcore to be different from Normal's drawing from an amorphous pool of ammo, have the ammunition be divided BY MAGAZINE so that the magazines could be cycled through. Simply deleting the rounds left in the mag when you reload is insane and borderline game breaking. If that can't be done, have the same reloads as Normal in Hardcore. The deletion of ammo upon reload is wholly inaccurate and is ridiculous.

Your racism against sniping pleases me...

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Katana67" (Nov 30th 2013, 5:32pm)