Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "cfcboy97" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 18th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:59pm

ADS general aiming help

As you will see from my Bl im pretty rubbish at BF Progression - cfcboy97 - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4
, ive put in a huge amount of hours without actually getting very far!

One of my main problems is ADS, im absolutely pathetic at it. Im not too bad at hip as i find myself running round like a look shouting "YIPPE-KAY-YAE.." before smashing a ton of aimless bullets out.

Shots fired 142,328
Shots hit 10,870
Accuracy 7.64%

I tend to get the first spot on someone but always outgunned (id make an awful gunslinger!)

Ive gone through the entire AR range to try and find something, i think ive found it then it goes wrong and move onto the next!

So, what am i doing wrong? Should i be looking for something stable, something accurate or something else (or somethng other than BF4?! :D)

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cfcboy97" (Nov 18th 2013, 3:31pm)

• "Blue Panda" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, November 18th 2013, 3:25pm

Enabled -> Bump

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:19pm

Just a few things that you may or may not already be doing :

Fire in bursts unless it's CQC
At longer range lead your target a little to account for bullet speed
Try to always spot, maybe change your keybind to a more accesible one, I like the thumb button on my mouse
Turn off v-sync/triple buffering
Don't bother aiming for the head
Make sure you get good FPS, preferably 60+, this is the most important thing imo.

Edit : Oh yeah I forgot mouse acceleration, you definetly want this off.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "LeSalaud" (Nov 18th 2013, 11:34pm)

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:32pm

Turn off Mouse Acceleration.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:35pm

Pretty scarey but turning off vsync has made it a lot more snappier. Getting screen tear but i can live with that if it makes me a better player.

Im using the Ace 23 and it seems fairly decent, just could do with my fav kobra scope.

Yes, got mouse acceleration off, ive googled all the mouse tips for BF there is :D

Date of registration
: Nov 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:37pm

Do you have any gameplay we could look at? It can be hard to tell without it.
A lot of people will tend to trail their targets if they're moving without realising and this is often due to the wrong sensitivity for you. Other people might have poor recoil control or not burst well as mentioned above by @LeSalaud.

I reckon:
- fiddle with your sensitivity and find something comfortable (but it will take a while to adjust to a new one!)
- turn off mouse acceleration (edit: ninja'd already!)
- use a stable weapon to start off (SAR-21?)
- just remember that you're trying to put your enemy in the middle of your screen (this really helps for some reason when you see a guy on the side of your screen)

And don't forget to keep channeling that bruce willis :D

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:39pm

i could certainly try. Whats the best way of recording it?

My problem is not spotting or getting into a good position, its just getting the shots on target. When im up close im all over the place and when its mid way i never have the speed to get the sights lined up and... dead :(

Date of registration
: Mar 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:43pm

My problem is not spotting or getting into a good position, its just getting the shots on target. When im up close im all over the place and when its mid way i never have the speed to get the sights lined up and... dead :(

Maybe you're doing it already, but get into the habit of bringing your crosshair on target while ADSing. By the time your sight is up you should already be centered on your target.

Also if you have a lot of trouble with it maybe try tweaking your mouse sensitivity. Maybe it's too high or low.

AdmiralGiggles

Honurabur Reader

(519)

Date of registration
: Aug 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:43pm

there is no magic way to get better, except to play and practice. just like with other things.

Date of registration
: Nov 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:45pm

i could certainly try. Whats the best way of recording it?

Fraps is a reliable way to do it if you don't lag terribly while it's running (and then your aim just dies haha). If you have one of the last 2 gen of Nvidia cards I would go with shadowplay.
Sounds to me like you need some work on your muscle memory! :D
I did make a video on it, but I don't think I'm supposed to link it here haha