Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 00:53. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,982)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 10:15pm

The MP-APS needs to give points and block hand grenades and/or not cooldown and/or something to make it useful.

It blocks rockets people typically can't dodge. It's plenty useful.

Don't forget elevator camping with C4. It's beautiful watching the faces of recons and suppoerts with their detonators in their hands as the MPAPS goes "nope".
And then I shoot them with a shotgun.

But obviously I didn't get any points from surviving an almost point-blank multi-C4 detonation, so it's useless.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 10:30pm

The MP-APS needs to give points and block hand grenades and/or not cooldown and/or something to make it useful.

It blocks rockets people typically can't dodge. It's plenty useful.

What kind of situation are you in where the enemy is shooting rockets at you, but no bullets?

It blocks C4? That's a bit odd.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,345)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 10:44pm

But obviously I didn't get any points from surviving an almost point-blank multi-C4 detonation, so it's useless.

I don't get points for camping, it must obviously be useless.

I don't see why DICE needs to incentivize things so players feel like they did something. I'm really curious what would happen if DICE removed any sort of point gathering and only made it so that wins gave you points.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 10:53pm

I don't see why DICE needs to incentivize things so players feel like they did something. I'm really curious what would happen if DICE removed any sort of point gathering and only made it so that wins gave you points.
Massive teamstacking on every server is my guess.
But something similar, such as only giving points for objective play would probably help the game. If you wanted points for killing you'd have to play TDM.
Then stop tracking deaths so that nobody knows their KDR either, and you'd remove a lot of the factors that motivate meaningless play.
bob

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 10:59pm

You get points for doing things that are useful, you can wish for your own idea of a perfect game, but the MP-APS is the exception to the rule here. More important than the points themselves is that it gives you feedback on what's happening and what's working.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, August 24th 2014, 11:48pm

What if you only got your points if you won the game?
"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, August 25th 2014, 12:19am

@tankmayvin

You got any sources for those K/D figures?
Also an average is an average, just because a lot of people land on that 1 K/D mark doesn't mean everyone does, and definitely not all the time. The number of people who'll be higher and lower will be massive in total, the game community for BF4 is huge after all.

I can see why Assault and Engie are popular, don't get me wrong, but I still don't see nearly enough Supports. The exception being fucking Metro and Cockblocker mind you...

Do you use the UCAV out of curiousity? I'm gonna assume you don't because all you said about it was it used to be OP and now its trash. The problem with the UCAV, MP-APS and other gadgets like them is just that: People say its trash and don't think anymore about it. The UCAV may have a guaranteed 60 second downtime but it expands the Support's area of influence DRAMATICALLY despite this! You can get people off flags you can't even see, support infantry fighting a vehicle 3 points away, remove roof bitches and totally annihilate enemy air power in one go! The versatility of the UCAV is by no means outweighed by either its unlock criteria, usability or automated cooldown, hence why I've suggested to everybody that they should totally go unlock it! Can't fly a jet or not!

As for the MP-APS, it stops basically anything that goes bang (with the exception of hand grenades...Sometimes), that includes tank shells, LAV shells, rockets, etc. The key to using it with armour is to have comms with the guy driving (or BE the guy driving!!!), that way you can make sure it goes in their blind spots or high traffic zones (you can ask Rezal about this one if you like too). Same goes for infantry. You can't just assume (same for the UCAV) that because you can't use it your way that its worthless.

And by this logic your thesis is somewhat flawed. A gadget may have a use, granted its niche may even be very limited, however it isn't useless! Not useless, just not always useful :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 25th 2014, 12:22am

What if you only got your points if you won the game?

What if, no.

A gadget may have a use, granted its niche may even be very limited, however it isn't useless! Not useless, just not always useful :P

This is an excellent point and applies to the MP-APS perfectly. The lack of points, and therefore feedback, definitely contributes to this.
Who Enjoys, Wins

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, August 25th 2014, 12:40am

A gadget may have a use, granted its niche may even be very limited, however it isn't useless! Not useless, just not always useful :P

This is an excellent point and applies to the MP-APS perfectly. The lack of points, and therefore feedback, definitely contributes to this.

Yes I have to agree. A lot of the 'Useless' gadgets would get a lot more people using them if they gave you points.
I do think its a bit silly though, I mean you're stopping shit loads of enemy explosives coming your way so you're obviously helping points or no points...

@habergowd

Shame you can duct tape it to a helicopter :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, August 25th 2014, 12:49am

Yes I have to agree. A lot of the 'Useless' gadgets would get a lot more people using them if they gave you points.
I do think its a bit silly though, I mean you're stopping shit loads of enemy explosives coming your way so you're obviously helping points or no points...

The thing is it's especially important with a passive gadget that you can leave somewhere. Defibs or a repair tool are obviously working when you use them, but Mines doing damage but no kill and telling you, health/ammo boxes giving people stuff, or motion sensors giving assists, these are very, very important.
Who Enjoys, Wins