Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "revic_crew" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 7:00am

Tank vs Tank combat and Reactive/Extinguisher

In BF4 it seems that even the tank combat is "whoever sees the other first wins", since when you hit an enemy tank their mobility becomes impaired and they become really slow, so basically you're guaranteed to be able to hit a second shot, and the third, and more. And then you still have full mobility so you can easily avoid being hit by the other tank, in other words getting the first shot is pretty much a guaranteed kill as long as you have enough ammo.
Now doesn't this make the extinguisher or reactive armour overpowered? Like why would you use anything else (unless there's lots of javelins then you'd want smoke)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 1:57pm

In BF4 it seems that even the tank combat is "whoever sees the other first wins", since when you hit an enemy tank their mobility becomes impaired and they become really slow, so basically you're guaranteed to be able to hit a second shot, and the third, and more. And then you still have full mobility so you can easily avoid being hit by the other tank, in other words getting the first shot is pretty much a guaranteed kill as long as you have enough ammo.
Now doesn't this make the extinguisher or reactive armour overpowered? Like why would you use anything else (unless there's lots of javelins then you'd want smoke)
Lol, haven't seen a javelin in the game yet, it seems completely useless. It forces you to expose yourself for a really long time and doesn't do enough damage to make it worthwhile.

On topic: Yes, Reactive seem to be the best attachment for that slot, regardless of the combat scenario. However, I'm not so sure about extinguisher being the best countermeasure: I think APS might be more worthwhile (it can block everything except TV missiles and the MBT LAW), it might save you from being disabled at the beginning of the tank duel and can also be used against lock on weapons or buy you enough time to retreat if you roll into a bad place.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 2:02pm

Reactive and HE shells prodcue the best results for me.

While tanks are being discussed , has anyone used the Canister Shells , opinions , worth dropping the HMG in favour of them?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "paddyotool" (Nov 10th 2013, 2:07pm)

• "revic_crew" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 2:52pm

Lol, haven't seen a javelin in the game yet, it seems completely useless. It forces you to expose yourself for a really long time and doesn't do enough damage to make it worthwhile.

On topic: Yes, Reactive seem to be the best attachment for that slot, regardless of the combat scenario. However, I'm not so sure about extinguisher being the best countermeasure: I think APS might be more worthwhile (it can block everything except TV missiles and the MBT LAW), it might save you from being disabled at the beginning of the tank duel and can also be used against lock on weapons or buy you enough time to retreat if you roll into a bad place.
But so the consensus so far is that reactive is the best because you can still move when you get shot? (also is it possible to fool the MBT-LAW if you manage to deploy smoke during the "lock-on phase"?)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 3:08pm

But so the consensus so far is that reactive is the best because you can still move when you get shot? (also is it possible to fool the MBT-LAW if you manage to deploy smoke during the "lock-on phase"?)
Yes, thermal camo is useless because it doesn't make enough difference thanks to the extremely long CM cooldowns and super short locktimes, autoloader is sub par because it doesn't help ammo regen, maintenance is decent but is outperformed by reactive. Not being disabled is worth a lot. The window between hearing a lock from the MBT LAW and the MBT LAW hitting you is so small that even if you deploy smoke the missile still hits. I think it can be avoided if you see the missile coming before it has a lock and smoke in advance, but I have never managed to do that so I don't know.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 3:40pm

Smokescreen is the best tank CM. It makes you take min damage on any hit, prevents mobility crits, removes spots, reloads in half the time of the other CM's, and is active for half its cycle.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Frosty

Staying frosty.

(172)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 4:04pm

Smokescreen is the best tank CM. It makes you take min damage on any hit, prevents mobility crits, removes spots, reloads in half the time of the other CM's, and is active for half its cycle.
Seems like a "soft" version of the active protection system. Gotta give it another try I guess.

"Active for half it's cycle", so the damage reduction applies for ~6 seconds regardless of whether you're in the smoke?

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 4:22pm

Seems like a "soft" version of the active protection system. Gotta give it another try I guess.

"Active for half it's cycle", so the damage reduction applies for ~6 seconds regardless of whether you're in the smoke?

The smoke lasts six seconds and reloads in 12. You have to stay near the smoke for it work.
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Date of registration
: Mar 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 4:42pm

I rarely get disabled in tank duels and I use auto loader. I also win most of the time, but that could change when more people have staff shells and active protection. I don't run out of ammo because I use staff shells.

I believe I've flared off a law once, but the window is so small I don't think its practical considering latency. Laws go through active protection also.

rainkloud

jet proximity scan <3

(611)

Date of registration
: Apr 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, November 10th 2013, 9:41pm

No, you have a 4m radius to maneuver and outside of that you're toast.

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't work against the boat and aircraft guided missiles. Nor does it work against guided tank shells.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rainkloud" (Nov 10th 2013, 10:09pm)