Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 10th 2014, 3:42am

TLDW: QBZ best gun

I'm going to keep asking for a monocycle video. You ought to wear a monocle and a top hat as well.

OT: I am temped to upload some clips from this weekend, I was laughing way to hard at some situations. Because it is hilarious as hell watching a level 130 directly engage you with a scout, while you're driving an AA tank. Overconfidence at its best.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 10th 2014, 4:30am

I hope this doesn't count as advertising, but here goes:

I've been working on the ultimate guide to tank gunning for the past year. It's been slow going, but Marbleduck has very graciously helped me out with the voiceovers. I'm now working on the last installment and I'd like to know if people here have anything to like/dislike about it. Like, does anyone have a vastly different style of gunning or can anyone justify Belt Feeder? Anyone have experience with seat switching in ground armor?

@Marbleduck
Proximity scan is a 100% must have for gunners.
Never shoot at jets/helis with the gunner cannon. It is never an okay thing to do.
Other than that, your guide definitely does help out those who don't know what they are doing.

Seriously, use prox, there is no substitute.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The McGoat" (Nov 10th 2014, 4:43am)

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

• "Octopuss" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Monday, November 10th 2014, 11:40am

Thanks for messing the thread up with garbage posts about completely useless offtopic shit. I'm surprised some people still didn't get this thread was not meant as a place to put random videos related to the game to. Perhaps if you read past the word youtube you'd get the idea.
hey mate, I deleted what I was gonna say so here's the quick version :/ ( I watched the first 3,5 mins)

Make sure you look up, you kinda look down when you run.
Know your gun - MTAR is shit at range, at some point you shoot at 3 guys across the map, this only serves to attract attention to yourself. Effective range is like.....15m?!
I cannot tell for sure, did you mostly go full auto? If yes, try to burst fire at "medium distance"
Just wait 2s before you spawn and check out what you are spawning into. At one point you spawn onto your friend and get killed right after.
Maybe remove leaning? I personally found it irritating as hell
If you do these things your K/D will instantly double like :P
Whenever someone gets really close, I don't know how to react and die pretty much instantly. Say we surprise each other, the other guy runs past or behind me, and then I am dead before I manage to find out where he is. I start turning around like a lame idiot and he instantly kills me basically the moment I lose him from my sight. I don't understand how people do it, but I sure would like to know what to do in such situations.
What is your FOV? You could try to increase it to have more of a view, or you could try to slow down your gameplay and watch a certain angle ( make sure your flanks and back are protected)?
I think you might be talking about the moment around 0:30. That was chaotic as xD Just try keep your cool and make sure you have full mag before you rush in.
The other (besides being completely oblivious to my surroundings, which I can't seem to improve no matter how I try) problem is the aim. I just can't follow targets. I don't know what am I doing wrong. Say there's someone few metres in front of me, strafing a bit, and I just hopelessly shoot away, unable to keep up with his (slow) movement. It's not a matter of sensitivity, though. I don't know. It sucks.
one example of this could be your death at 3:30
Do you go full auto?
Does your hand (and your mind) tense up when you start shooting?
Is your mousepad slidy enough?
Could be a lot of factors imho
I really don't know what my FOV is, I don't even know where it is in options, so it's most probably default, whatever the number is. I don't like the weird fisheye effect so I never thought about changing it. I also read it has something to do with the uniform soldier aiming, and that there's some math involved, so I stay away from that stuff. Or am I wrong?
I don't really go full auto except for when someone surprises me face to face, then I spray like a madman (and die anyway). It might not be very obvious with the MTAR, but I always burst. Sometimes even when I should spray, lol.
No idea what's up with my hand, but I don't think there's any tension or panic (unless it's situation #1) involved.
I have some cloth pad from Steelseries and it feels good enough.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 10th 2014, 12:23pm

@Octopuss
Just a quick note, Woopsy said most already. You are really gimping yourself with your gear. It's all fine and dandy to play with suboptimal stuff but when you're still struggling with non-gear related issues, why not make life a tiny bit easier. ACE23 + medkit would serve you much better than TUGS (that you never stopped to take advantage of) and MTAR (with shit base spread, recoil, and damage at range) which mostly served to attract unwanted attention. Many of those med/long range assists/fails would have been kills with another gun. And if you insist on MTAR then play to its strengths: flank, close the gap, and then let is loose.

For getting your instinctive reactions faster, you just need the hours after hours. Learning other the stuff, like placement, corners, reading the meta, etc., is much faster and there your gameplay videos help a lot. The function of learning this other stuff is to minimize in the first place the incidences where you need those reflexes. Go through the videos and instead of looking at the incident that killed you, go many seconds back and study which of your actions originally got you into that (bad) place. Many in-game fails are preceded by much greater mistakes earlier which predispose you to death despite your skill and loadout at the time of the actual shoot-out.

Overall, much better gameplay than in the first videos so don't give us the BS that you wouldn't be improving ^^ .
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 10th 2014, 1:06pm

MTAR (shit base spread, recoil, and damage at range)
fixed that for you xD

I really don't know what my FOV is
graphics options, try setting it between 80-90, it won't give you the fish eye effect you get at 120 but it will give you much more visibility over the batttlefield. I feel like right now it's between 60 and 70 and you get the "tunnel vision" effect, which imho is pretty detrimental in public TDM with more than 16 players. you can also decouple your ADS FOV from that so that you "zoom" in closer.
also, do you have motion blur turned on? if yes turn it off :D

try playing the same map again with these changes and 3VN's suggestion and see how it goes!
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Monday, November 10th 2014, 3:08pm

Uh, someone explain the FOV settings to me like to an idiot please. What in the hell does "55 (hor+70) mean? Also what's vertical field of view? Is there a horizontal as well? What does that mean?

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, November 10th 2014, 3:50pm

Uh, someone explain the FOV settings to me like to an idiot please. What in the hell does "55 (hor+70) mean? Also what's vertical field of view? Is there a horizontal as well? What does that mean?

It's just your field-of-view: your avatar camera's visual angle. Think of it as if the 3D simulation around you is captured into a fictional 2D spherical plane of which a rectangular piece is cut out, flattened, and shown on your screen. FoV is the size of the cut. 55 (hor + 70) would be 55 degrees vertical and 70 horizontal. I keep mine at 90 horizontal - as a compromise between seeing well but only a narrow sector (70) and seeing not that well (because everything becomes smaller), but for a wider sector (110-120).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 10th 2014, 3:53pm

i basically determines how much of your surroundings you can see

this pic shows it pretty much
http://i.imgur.com/TTtxv.jpg
a low FOV value (such as 55 xD ) will give you tunnel vision and the game will "feel slow" and high FOV values will give you the "fish eye" view and the game feels like you are tripping on acid

and this is the DOF stuff I was talking about, where you basically "zoom in" more when you go ADS when you have DOF on
http://i.imgur.com/H8TYIPn.jpg
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Monday, November 10th 2014, 4:07pm

Thank you. It's still a bit complicated, but I guess I don't need to understand it, heh. I just changed it from 55 to 60 and I can see a bit more, which is good I guess. I'll see how it plays and maybe increase it a little more.
There's identical setting for vehicles, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, which is a shame. I would love to be able to see more from a tank.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 10th 2014, 4:37pm

Vehicle field of view settings only apply in 3rd person (camera).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.