Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:24am

Would be nice to see someone do benchmarks with low graphics, right now all the benchmarks are on ultra and stuff, I'm kinda interested to see how well a minimum spec PC runs the game (8800GT/HD3870 and C2Duo/AthlonX2)

Also I wonder if anyone is running the game on Vista 32 bit lol

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 4th 2013, 9:54am

Would be nice to see someone do benchmarks with low graphics, right now all the benchmarks are on ultra and stuff, I'm kinda interested to see how well a minimum spec PC runs the game (8800GT/HD3870 and C2Duo/AthlonX2)

Also I wonder if anyone is running the game on Vista 32 bit lol

I might switch to Win8 this weekend.... how could I reliably compare results? I mean in BF4 my frame rate keeps flipping up and down depending on what happens, should I use a synthethic benchmark?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:50pm

I just managed to download 8.1 ISO. Will install it during the afternoon and do some quick test (nothing scientific, mind you).

• "WoopsyYaya" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 4th 2013, 3:06pm

I just managed to download 8.1 ISO. Will install it during the afternoon and do some quick test (nothing scientific, mind you).

Can you do some tests before you install it, and repeat exactly the same tests in Win8!?

Maybe one on the test range and one on a 64 player map, just run around a certain path or something a couple of times.
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 4th 2013, 3:12pm

Urgh that's such a big hassle

8.1 is infinitely better than 8
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Monday, November 4th 2013, 3:14pm

Can you do some tests before you install it, and repeat exactly the same tests in Win8!?

Maybe one on the test range and one on a 64 player map, just run around a certain path or something a couple of times.

That will be a bit difficult to do given the random nature of state of a map and location of players, but I will see. Test range is easy though.

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration

Monday, November 4th 2013, 5:24pm

I really wanted to do this for you guys but... the game won't even run on Win 8.1 :D No matter what I tried, I always got a popup saying I have to download the browser plugin. After some reinstalling, cache clearing, and other voodoo I decided to fuckit. This isn't happening.

I learned something though.
I can highly not recommend Windows 8. It's user unfriendly piece of shit with useless interface and completely awkward controls, and the only message I got out of trying to use it is colours+sharing>anything. You can't even switch that shit off by clicking twice like you're used in Win7 for example :P It's serious 1000 mile step backwards in everything.

Long story short: Whatever performance gain you might possibly get is not worth the shit you go through while using that OS.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 4th 2013, 5:56pm

geez, you make it sound like adapting to a new interface akin to pulling teeth.

fwiw, i took me about 30 minutes to adapt to the new interface.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, November 4th 2013, 6:09pm

If you have an extra hard drive or a decent chunk of space on your main, you could add another partition and multiboot windows 7 and 8. Single player would give the most consistent results if you played the same way. You would need something like the fraps log and a timer so you could stop at the same time.

I have Windows 8, but tested it in a VM before installing and didn't like it. Personally I would need to see a 15% performance increase before I was willing to upgrade.
The fact that someone has an opinion, doesn't make their opinion a fact. Making just arguments first requires an acknowledgement of intellectual humility, while valid arguments require you to not commit fallacies of logic and rhetoric.

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 5th 2013, 2:03am

You can make Windows 8 behave exactly like Vista with a few simple tweaks and tools (I said Vista because I hated the Windows 7 taskbar so I made it work like the XP/Vista classic taskbar with PROPER CAPTIONS on the buttons)