Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Platform: PS4

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 12:47am

I've experimented periodically with Commander Mode on PS3 and it generally functions well. There are some minor difficulties when navigating to precise locations on the map (the cursor automatically locks onto highlighted icons), but the overall operation allows you to effectively assist your team. Commander Mode is accessed through the Server Browser and is acquired with 'square' prior to selecting a match (XBOX 360 would be 'X' I believe).
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.
For 'skill cannons,' that is.

Nope, Aim Assist or bust.

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

Date of registration
: Nov 3rd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 4:39am

My experience with being Commander:

Game 1: Op Locker Conquest

Game 2: ZAVOD 311

Overall it is pretty enjoyable if you keep tab on where the action is, although with must pub people you have to guess where they are going and give the move order accordingly to get points. Supply drop is pretty neat in term of point income, marking HVT seems to be a randomly triggered event but the point reward is pretty good.

Tomahawk is great for mashing clusters of campers/break up a big fire fight, but most of my kills(9 kill with it in Game 2) with it come in game where the other team have no commanders as EMP makes it useless.

AC 130 Gunship does do some serious damage, but you got to have teammates that remember to get in it when they spawn(this is easy part) and hold the point where it spawns from(this is hard) otherwise it gets destroyed when the point gets taken by the enemy and becomes free points for the opposing commander.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 4:41am

Commander mode for desktop controls is set to be released in three weeks. Not sure about consoles.

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 4th 2013, 12:46pm

played it twice, squads dont really listen in pubs i guess, everyone still has their own agenda on their minds....
how do I get the gunship?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:04pm

played it twice, squads dont really listen in pubs i guess, everyone still has their own agenda on their minds....
how do I get the gunship?

Gunship/cruise missile is on the middle flags, like B/C. Only seen either one of them so far on maps... Cruise missile is fun but extremely easy to avoid if you have an enemy commander warning about it.. But people are retarded so I lost a lot of men even with the warning + written warning in chat.... -.-'

Commander can definitely win a battle by spamming UAV / counter UAV, but that's about it really... squad orders don't mean much since most squads are scattered everywhere and the rest of the tools are kinda meaningless for pubs at least

Also, giving and receiving orders as a squad leader is pretty broken as well...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Nov 4th 2013, 1:43pm)

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:21pm

I wouldnt necessarily say retarded. More preoccupation.

Date of registration
: Oct 14th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:22pm

Tried it last night in a game of Rush Floodzone. Not much came of it.

Squads don't listen to orders, and because they don't you don't rack up points. The UAV needs to be smaller and more opaque to the enemy commander.

What's the point with the crate and changing kits mid-game anyhow?
Lemmings be lemmings

Witchalok

Grounded in reality

(301)

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, November 4th 2013, 1:34pm

I tried it, because the server was full and queues had not been "re-implemented" yet.

It's something which might be fun if done from a tablet while commuting, but it's not something I would rather do instead of actually playing the game.
The UAV seemed to be the only really useful tool in the commander's arsenal. (And to be honest, I am getting tired of all the "wall-hacks" in this game. I don't think the UAV scans were a needed addition to the game. )

A much more interesting implementation would have been in my opinion to give these assets to the squad leaders. If your squad performs squad actions, you get points. Earn enough points and you can call in the UAV scan, etc.
That way, if your squad is assaulting a flag and needs a scan of the area, or needs a tank/transportation, the squad leader can perform it without having to ask the commander.

Hey, look! I came up with a better idea for commander than DICE did, and it only took me 5 minutes.

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 4th 2013, 2:14pm

My experience with being Commander:

Game 1: Op Locker Conquest

Game 2: ZAVOD 311

Overall it is pretty enjoyable if you keep tab on where the action is, although with must pub people you have to guess where they are going and give the move order accordingly to get points. Supply drop is pretty neat in term of point income, marking HVT seems to be a randomly triggered event but the point reward is pretty good.

Tomahawk is great for mashing clusters of campers/break up a big fire fight, but most of my kills(9 kill with it in Game 2) with it come in game where the other team have no commanders as EMP makes it useless.

AC 130 Gunship does do some serious damage, but you got to have teammates that remember to get in it when they spawn(this is easy part) and hold the point where it spawns from(this is hard) otherwise it gets destroyed when the point gets taken by the enemy and becomes free points for the opposing commander.

Yes...there should be more info for the teams on this. People never playing commander have no way of knowing that holdings certain point benefits them more than others. I had to explain that to my friend yesterday when he didn't feel like following our order for D flag on zavod.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, November 4th 2013, 2:24pm

It's like playing an RTS with bitchy units.

Hey guys, scan shows Flag X is uncontested, please unfuck yourselves on that heavy clusterfuck flag which doesn't give anything really.

Guys, why do you want to pursue a single flag?

Guys, it's our only flag left, scan shows the nearest flag to our base doesn't have any takers

Guys we're losing

Guys, hold spot and accept orders pl0x.
But noooooooooooooooo.
Man, DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.
I'm a tsundere tentacle