Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Saturday, November 2nd 2013, 11:23pm

I actually found the BETA to be far better optimised than the finished product...

Lets not exaggerate, the beta was barely playable.

I'm not , I had far better hit detection in the BETA and only once got shot behind cover , I have lost count of how many times it's happened to me today , someone even front knifed me from about 5m away while shooting at him...

Far too much random shit happening in the finished product.

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, November 2nd 2013, 11:28pm

the beta was worse than bf3 :(

but better than bf4 release :( :( :( :( :(

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2013

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 12:05am

I don't know why people keep thinking BF3/4 netcode is client based. DICE very clearly stated it was hybrid. That means you send "hits" to the server and the damage amount with a timestamp. The server resolves the outcome of all hits at a certain refresh rate (sometime known as tick rate). The faster the tick rate, the better the hit detection. BF4 servers are most likely being pushed to their max, since frostbite also syncs projectile physics, destruction physics, vehicle collisions, and levelution events (big and small).

The problem most people have with hitting enemies is that their target isn't actually where they are shooting. The tool DICE gave us to change hit detection is the network smoothing factor. If you turn it down you get a more accurate view of where enemies are and incoming fire, but you actually make it harder for your hits to land. If you engage enemies in close combat it is better turned down, but anything medium to long range it is better turned up a bit. Ultimately you have to find the right balance between your shot landing, and knowing when you're being shot.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(254)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 12:52am

It is hybrid but a) client is dominant b) it's more about showing exactly the same to everyone, ignoring the "at the same time" part, also, hitrate in BF games is insanely low, alsox2, they are trying to push too much useless information to and from the server.

I'm no networking engineer but treating random junk as entities as important as players and bullets is plain stupid. I'm sure it would work a lot better if they would optimize this netcode to just basics (player information and ballistics) and leave rest to the client.
Hatin' all day every day.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Mofixil" (Nov 3rd 2013, 12:57am)

Date of registration
: Jan 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 7:07am

I'm guessing it has more problems when more people are on a map.
This could be a possibility, because for me BF3 had far better hit detection on smaller playercounts than large ones

Date of registration
: Nov 3rd 2013

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 8:32am

double post, see this one: forum.symthic.com/battlefield-4-general-discussion/5731-netcode/index4.html#post195295

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "fholm" (Nov 3rd 2013, 1:22pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

I actually found the BETA to be far better optimised than the finished product...

Lets not exaggerate, the beta was barely playable.

I'm not , I had far better hit detection in the BETA and only once got shot behind cover , I have lost count of how many times it's happened to me today , someone even front knifed me from about 5m away while shooting at him...

Far too much random shit happening in the finished product.

looks like bf3 to me,are you sure it's really a netcode problem?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff not related to BF4 that interests nobody

on 07/04/2014
29(30)th DMR user in italy
rush mode score RANK:3804 TOP:2% OUT OF:289269
obliteration mode scoreRANK:3553 TOP:2% OUT OF:229808
skill RANK:7986 TOP:3% OUT OF:383966
PDW medals RANK:2917 TOP:3% OUT OF:135389
longest headshot RANK:5728 TOP:2% OUT OF:376096
recon score RANK:6424 TOP:2% OUT OF:340967

http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/df0b7f5378734e0b.png

31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

a banner from a guy i work with

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

You all need to stop complaining about the netcode because its basically impossible to fix right now. Right now so many people are playing BF4. In order to make even an attempt at fixing it all servers must go down, ALL SERVERS. This would just not be workable as it there servers go down so does there reputation of having a functional game. I don't mean a functional game with little silly lag problems like most of you are complaining about. I mean a game that just totally fails. Even if it is not true people will think it. The netcode is not going to get any better until they get more larger, bigger, and better hardware servers. DICE and Infinityward combined don't have enough money to build servers good enough to have slightly less lag then they already do. Until the future where everything is modified by data accelerating carbon nanotubes we will still go through the same stuff. The hybrid system is actually a step forward and there is no other way to do it better. DICE knew that because they are the pros, not use. It has nothing to do with half assing anything.

Date of registration
: Nov 3rd 2013

Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 8:34am

You all need to stop complaining about the netcode because its basically impossible to fix right now. Right now so many people are playing BF4. In order to make even an attempt at fixing it all servers must go down, ALL SERVERS. This would just not be workable as it there servers go down so does there reputation of having a functional game. I don't mean a functional game with little silly lag problems like most of you are complaining about. I mean a game that just totally fails. Even if it is not true people will think it. The netcode is not going to get any better until they get more larger, bigger, and better hardware servers. DICE and Infinityward combined don't have enough money to build servers good enough to have slightly less lag then they already do. Until the future where everything is modified by data accelerating carbon nanotubes we will still go through the same stuff. The hybrid system is actually a step forward and there is no other way to do it better. DICE knew that because they are the pros, not use. It has nothing to do with half assing anything.
This is simply not true. 1) They have already re-started the servers more then once, this is not an issue. 2) The networking issues have nothing to do with server hardware.

This post by "fholm" (Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 8:43am) has been deleted by user "Sao" (Sunday, November 3rd 2013, 12:34pm)