Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Spectacle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 8:42am

Instant vehicle spawn servers.

The game has only been out for a couple of days, and we're already seeing lame "instant vehicle spawn" servers pop up. I was hoping it would take a little longer before tards would get tired of playing the game properly, but I guess not. Two things makes the situation even more aggravating than in BF3:

• They've removed the option to filter by vehicle spawn time in the server browser
  • Official servers can have instant respawn
What the hell is the point of an "official" server rating supposed to offer "consistent" gameplay when they let server admins completely rape game balance by enabling instant vehicle spawns??
bob

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 8:43am

That does suck.

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 9:07am

Can't you look and see what a servers vehicle spawn % is on the server info page prior to joining?
Lol instant vehicle respawn on official servers... Another gem from the dice QA team.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 9:25am

Can't you look and see what a servers vehicle spawn % is on the server info page prior to joining?

He probably can but who the fuck wants to vet every single server the might join?
Spec's right, I too was really looking forward to the Official servers purely on the grounds that it'd be Battlefield the way its meant to be: Losing a vehicle is a big deal, tickets aren't in the fucking thousands and admins can't dick you around in the name of 'Balance' and 'Fairness'! This seems like a sort of U-turn from DICE, after their announcement of the server types they seemed intent on curving back admin powers on Official servers and even made out that Ranked would be the most appealing so this seems to be a real piss take...

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 9:29am

Official servers can have instant respawn

Realy? I'm sure the server documentation say that it was not possible...

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 9:39am

Official servers can have instant respawn

Realy? I'm sure the server documentation say that it was not possible...

Yeah Official server should not allow for that as stated by DICE (in a blog post i believe).

Currently server settings and presets used by GSPs are pretty fucked up. (though they followed the manual given by DICE).
(source: g-portal.de forum)

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 11:46am

Is it possible to affect the cooldowns of commander abilities through server settings? I have run into several games (not necessarily instant vehicle spawn servers either IIRC) where the gunship reappears instantly (<5 seconds) after it is destroyed, which is really aggregating when it takes ages to bring it down with the MAA. Or does the gunship respawn instantly, regardless of server settings? That would be infinitely retarded by DICE, but I guess they thought it was balanced since the third seat of the gunship is entirely harmless.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "Spectacle" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 12:11pm

Only played one game as commander so far, but IIRC the gunship cooldown starts counting down the moment it is deployed, not when it is destroyed. So if it stays up for a while it will be ready to redeploy instantly after it is shot down.
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 1:52pm

its annoying as hell

i mainly play on rush game mode and 99% of the servers are instant repop vehicules.... this shit kills the rush mode -_-

Date of registration
: Sep 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 1:54pm

That sucks. Even more because they stated official servers would always have default settings

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Thehaxusator" (Oct 31st 2013, 3:07pm)