Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Zormau" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 2:13am

Awesome Youtube Montages and Trailers

This will be *the* place to put awesome fanmade videos about BF4. Fun stuff here, the technical discussion and gameplay improvement videos will get their own section eventually.

I'd say we could probably make a list of super exceedingly awesome BF4 montages and fan-trailers like the one Jackfrags made:

He also made this after the conclusion of the beta:

If you come across a really awesome video that's either an awesome trailer, a parade of BF-Moments or a very humorous contribution to the community, Post here and I'll try to keep a list in the OP.

Please note that I do not wish to find "omg I'm so awesome 360 noscopesxxx montagez" in this channel.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who explained how to use the embed function in the XM25 instructional video thread.

Submission by tehmoriz: Fun things to do with wire guided missiles:

Another unofficial trailer made by Gero2013

A contribution by Hunturk:

A nice composition of various moments of awesome by WoopsyYaya.

Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Nov 12th 2013, 1:21am)

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 2:17am

This doesn't belong here. We have a youtube discussion section, which is used only for discussing how people can improve their gameplay through watching their videos, even there we have never encouraged people to post montages or gameplay simply for views.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 8:30am

Personally I don't see a problem with the thread in principal. Self Advertising users who create a new thread on their first post with a Youtube video get deleted. This isn't a self advert though. If this thread is to serve as a 'hub' for all videos like the one in the OP then I think it's fine. That JackFrags video is a pretty awesome BF4 related thing, and the point of this forum is to share and discuss awesome BF4 related things, be it an in-game feature or a piece of media featuring BF4. Go figure. Whilst we do love and focus on technical discussion, not everything has to be totally technical - especially in General Discussion. I want to keep it in General because everything in Youtube Discussion is for serious gameplay evaluation and I fear if we put just one thread which doesn't match that description in there it will encourage more, which we don't want. We want it all to be contained within this one thread.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 12:34pm

@yugas42

J0hn made a thread not long ago where various funny CoD: Ghosts vs BF4 videos where gathered, same concept pretty much.

I'll add some when I get home
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 1:27pm

While I am (now, having re-read the rules) concerned that this thread might be in violation of rule #9, I'd still argue that I want to promote this video here. Not the channel itself, which I have no affiliation with whatsoever, just this single video.

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Zormau" (Oct 8th 2013, 1:55pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 7:20pm

None of that stuff can happen on the shanghai map I play :(
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 8th 2013, 8:51pm

Personally I don't see a problem with the thread in principal. Self Advertising users who create a new thread on their first post with a Youtube video get deleted. This isn't a self advert though. If this thread is to serve as a 'hub' for all videos like the one in the OP then I think it's fine. That JackFrags video is a pretty awesome BF4 related thing, and the point of this forum is to share and discuss awesome BF4 related things, be it an in-game feature or a piece of media featuring BF4. Go figure. Whilst we do love and focus on technical discussion, not everything has to be totally technical - especially in General Discussion. I want to keep it in General because everything in Youtube Discussion is for serious gameplay evaluation and I fear if we put just one thread which doesn't match that description in there it will encourage more, which we don't want. We want it all to be contained within this one thread.
I can see the logic behind that. It's just one of those things that's kinda on the fence in regards to the rules, some people may think it's allowed and others may not, my bad.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 2:15am

I had *totally* considered being offended by your words. But you indeed made a valid point, as I have admitted, and I also find your batpony avatar absolutely un-hateable!

I hope this thread may serve as a pool for videos like this one, y'know, for people who are into that kinda stuff. I believe it will dry up pretty soon, though.

@ bite: It's really a bummer that console can't have 64 players yet :( Also, on the Shanghai I played until yesterday it wouldn't have been possible as well with all the stutters my old CPU was giving me.
hope you'll be able to get your hands on a next-gen so you can experience bf4 in its (almost) full glory.

Also I really like what they did to the Battlefield theme. I feared the worst when the first teasers came with that awful fart instead of a theme...

This post by "tinynerdude" (Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 5:26am) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 7:52am)

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, October 9th 2013, 6:12am

not a trailer nor a montage, but magical all the same: