Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "GlassPenguin" has been banned
  • "GlassPenguin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 6th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 5:49pm

LMG's

is it me or do the LMG's actually feel good?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GlassPenguin" (Oct 6th 2013, 6:02pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 4th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:03pm

is it me or do the LMG's actually feel good?

I think it may be just you, the U100 or whatever its called feels aweful... cant hit anything except when I am up close lol.... maybe its designed to be bipoded?
which one are you using?
Moving ADS spread values

WoopsyYaya - YouTube(Tipps und Tricks) [Deutsch/HD]

Show Gun Master some love <3 - Vol. 3

Funny quotes

As a main hater on this forum, I say no, it's not worth it.
I have been playing Battlefield since 1942 (the original PC game, not the year).
now I'd jerk off a hobo
With a compensator and angled grip I click people to death like I was playing diablo.
AKU-12 stomps it in the nuts and posts the video to WorldStarHipHop.

Date of registration
: Mar 5th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 7:14pm

They feel a lot better than they did in BF3, but still can't hold a candle to the carbines and assault rifles. The U100 fires way to slow for my taste, but it is a good full auto weapon for noobs because of barely any recoil. The Type-88 is really good at range bipodded, and can be fired with decent effect at medium to close range off the bipod. So far though, the AK5C and ACR destroy them both at pretty much all ranges though, with the exception of very long range where the Type-88 has a significant damage advantage.

They're are both a massive improvement over the shittiness of the non-bipodded BF3 LMG's.
PS3/4 Support player Need Ammo?

B log: Progression - Sgt_Shasta - Battlelog
/ Battlefield 4

Date of registration
: Jun 12th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 8:08pm

They feel a lot better than they did in BF3, but still can't hold a candle to the carbines and assault rifles. The U100 fires way to slow for my taste, but it is a good full auto weapon for noobs because of barely any recoil. The Type-88 is really good at range bipodded, and can be fired with decent effect at medium to close range off the bipod. So far though, the AK5C and ACR destroy them both at pretty much all ranges though, with the exception of very long range where the Type-88 has a significant damage advantage.

They're are both a massive improvement over the shittiness of the non-bipodded BF3 LMG's.

Pretty much this. Type-88 finally isn't absolute toilet, the ultimax I like, but it's low rof puts it at a major disadvantage against other weapons.
"Blood is the price of victory"
- Karl von Clausewitz

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."
- Erwin Rommel

PSN: Suodeth_

Date of registration
: Oct 3rd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 10:58pm

They feel better but I still think they should be even better. Maybe they are since we haven't seen all of them. But yes, much better than bf3. I hated the lmgs in bf3 and I love playing with lmgs. It's one of the reasons why I never play cod, because the only guns that are good in that game are smgs and assult rifles. Better lmgs mean more diverse gunplay. It gets boring to keep playing with assault rifles and carbines again and again.

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, October 6th 2013, 11:41pm

The U-100's accuracy is really good compared to what we're used to for an LMG. It's in this sense that I understand what people mean when they say the LMGs 'feel better' than they used to: their ADS accuracy is no longer terrible, meaning you can pretty reliably hit what you're shooting at, even at long range.

Aside from that, the U-100 is straight garbage. I'm not the type of player who only uses .000001s TTK DPS beasts, but this gun shoots and kills way way too slow to be effective in most situations.

Moving to the Type 88 we sacrifice some ADS spread, but gain the following improvements:

- 200rd box magazine
- respectable firerate (700 vs 590)

Well, it turns out both of those are really important, so this gun is pretty usable. As people have mentioned in other threads, the bipod is noticeably worse than in BF3. It seems to cut down on recoil, spread, and spread increase per shot, but not to the same degree that we saw in BF3. IOW it does not turn your gun into a death laser at 100m anymore.

Date of registration
: Mar 29th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, October 7th 2013, 12:03am

The L86A2 with heavy barrel was reasonable accurate in BF3. I wouldn't call either light machine gun an improvement so far. Having the full array of attachments may help things. The type 88 seems to have a weird U-shaped recoil pattern that I have not had any luck manageging. When you compare the LMGs to the death machine assault rifles and the rock solid carbines in the beta they are quite terrible for anything outside of maintaining sustained suppression.

R

tits pls

(2,621)

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, October 7th 2013, 12:22am

type 88 is really nasty. Probably the best LMG in bf4 so far, maybe even best long ranged weapon in the beta. (except snipers)

Date of registration
: Sep 17th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, October 7th 2013, 4:13am

I feel like they feel better partly because, in my experience so far, the recoil is shown better at least to me. In BF3 you'd be sighted in and missing because of recoil but to you it wasn't shown as much, now I feel like my sights sway more with recoil if I'm goin full auto so I can actually see my gun drifting and correct it, whereas bf3 like I said I'd hold my sights on target the whole fight and be dead and be like wtf. Could just be me though.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, October 7th 2013, 4:20am

I think they messed up and gave the U-100 too much spread. It is suppose to have at least .5 of the spread that it currently has. And RPM is just too low to make it practical for use up close. However making good use of the suppressor and conservative tactics does do this gun a help but does not make it good as all guns can be used this way.