Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-08 at 23:13. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 9:31am

Did anyone notice that K/D has been removed? What will the implications be?

It's been replaced by KPM...

Date of registration
: Jun 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 9:34am

Low death count is not as important. Camping is now making shit stats unless you're camping in a hotspot in which case you're doing a job anyways.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 9:42am

At least in my personal data, KDR and KPM (and -DPM) are linearly correlated. A focus away from KDR is a good change in any case.

BTW did you notice that this guy is an obvious booster. Crazy SPM and only 15 kills in 8 hours, lololol, stats-boosting-already-in-alpha-FTW. :D /jk
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 9:42am

Yep, as Ardheim said.

I think it's a good thing, and seeing SPM as well is pretty good because supportive role may have low KPM.
One thing I'd like to see is the in-game scoreboard, to see if they have made it smarter, like in TDM it shows your KDR (because it's important in that mode) and in Conquest/Rush it shows your OPM or SPM (or just score). What I'd like is KDR only showing up in TDM.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 10:02am

Stats whores will now exclusively play TDM and Domination (as if they didn't already)

KPM is meaningless for any kind of global comparison, since it's more affected by map size and player count than any kind of skill. A complete noob spamming grenades on metro will have a higher KPM than a skilled infantry player on a big conquest map.
bob

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 10:17am

KPM is meaningless for any kind of global comparison

All stats are meaningless for comparing players. At the population level there of course is a correlation of better players having better stats, but the comparison of any two individuals is pretty moot. Needs the stats page be a testament of skill? (it will forever be seen that way and used that way ofc and my comment is moot, but...)
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,695)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 10:31am

From - The Battlefield Blog | The Road to Battlefield 4: Battlelog

[on the OPs image from here on]
where is that image sourced?

I'd speculate that rather than gone ( other images indicate global k/d boards and such ), your overview page might be GENTLY customisable, showing stats of your choosing within certain limits ( with full stats still accessible on different page probably )

Could just be an example mockup, something they were experimenting with, or part of gentle customisation options.

Edit: Note the "customise" in the top right, unlikely to be for loadouts, as that already has a tab, could be for stat overview customisation, could be for something else, ideas?

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,427)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 10:35am

I do not know about that, the K/D gone, is a bit of a shame, since it is an important stat for personal reference. Replacing it with KPM though is meaningless as this is a stat that is highly dependent on factors the player has no immediate influence on.

Edit: The customize button could just be as the edit button we have now, simply for your profile, but maybe you can choose your personal meaningful stats here.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,695)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 10:42am

Having just googled this, I cannot find a source for the original image here, all the ones I find show K/D as the ones from the Official Dice stuff does. Discussion and speculation on this are entirely empty without some form of info on where this image came from, is this actually something seen from the footage or from DICE, or is this just a wishlisting image made by some battlefielder?

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Monday, September 23rd 2013, 12:35pm

Having just googled this, I cannot find a source for the original image here, all the ones I find show K/D as the ones from the Official Dice stuff does. Discussion and speculation on this are entirely empty without some form of info on where this image came from, is this actually something seen from the footage or from DICE, or is this just a wishlisting image made by some battlefielder?

Isn't it from the "This is Battlefield" trailer released like two days ago?