Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

This post by "The World Champion" (Thursday, September 19th 2013, 9:23pm) has been deleted by user "Autosynthesis" (Thursday, September 19th 2013, 9:47pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 9:47pm

I actually agreed with the second part.
Clean signature best signature

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 10:32pm

First time I've seen TWC have one of his comments deleted by mods. I wonder what I missed =(

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

• "gerg" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 10:58pm

BAs are very powerful, it all just depends on who's wielding them. Here is an example of a bolt action being used in a competitive match, go to the 5 min mark: Match Clips - YouTube

This is skill, this is what Battlefield needs, not dumbing everything down until every noob can play be happy.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 20th 2013, 1:27am

If you're using a bolt-action up close over a slug shotgun, you're doing it wrong. It'd be like buffing the SVD in BF3 just a tad--it's completely outclassed by other weapons, even a light buff won't make it a more useful weapon.

I welcome any change that encourages Recons to stop sniping. Unfortunately, sniper rifles weren't removed from Battlefield, but making them better-suited for quickscoping might well mean that people are going to use them for things other than sitting on hills.

Yeah but there are a couple completely outclassed weapons the MK11, the SVD, the SCAR-L, the AK-74M, the AUGA3 the AKS-74U, the PP-19. Basically guns that fill no niche, that are never bettern than others from the same class, that have nothing going for them. Yet you can not really apply that to the Bolt-actions.
They have a unique feature and therefore great potential, it is up to the player to use it, or move on to something else. Now I suck with them and I can not really be bothered with them to train it, but I had a couple of fun rounds with the M40 and I played all DMRs for Recon. What I found out though, if you put your mind to it and get away from that run and gun playstyle to a more anticipating, defensive and quiet playstyle you can be successful. Of course there are so many engagements below optimal range so that I often end up with more kills with the suppressed M1911 than with the M40, but it was still alright and I helped the team. So it works out, Imagine what I could do if I did not suck.

Also honestly Battlefield aims for a bit authenticity so, every buff to BAs in CQ diminishs authenticity. If you are using BAs then stick with longer ranges or die. If you can't stand the heat then get the fuck out the kitchen. There are dozens of alternatives out there especially in BF4. Whoever had the idea that it would be cool to use BAs in infantry close quarter combat has no idea. It is a bad design choice and it takes away niches from other weapon classes. Of course it is a simple buff but it is one of the most unauthentic features out there.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, September 20th 2013, 1:35am

Discouraging teamplay in a game focused around teamplay is poor design. Motivating people to do things that don't help the team counts. I'm quite firmly in the gameplay>realism camp. Bolt-actions still won't be useful up close (they won't even be niche weapons) but people will choose to try over sitting on rocks in the middle of nowhere and that's healthy for the game. Diversity is always healthy to an extent.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, September 20th 2013, 6:34am

You know, for someone hard bent on "DICE is ruining sniping!" you sure are making a big deal out of something only relevant within 25m.

25m is nothing. It's handgun range. It's shotgun range. It's "I got an arm like Roger Clemens and a small collection of hatchets" range. Well, it still requires a headshot at sniping distance. And it's ONLY a 5m buff over the BF3 bolt-guns...

For fun I like to run the SV-98 with irons or a RDS and a straight pull bolt and take on guys running ARs and such. It's a serious challenge. One on one if you can be the first on the trigger and don't miss you're good, but against multiple enemies or against a target suppressing you it's often a losing fight. Yes, not requiring a headshot in HC mode for OHK out to a decent range does make it easier to do well with a BA than in normal mode, and I do respect those BA pros that can run around headshotting everyone from 10 feet to 1000 meters, but I am not dedicating myself to the Recon class to train for headshots, nor does it fit my usual play style to always go for headshots, not to mention the increased lethality of everyone in HC kind of balancing it, so I see no issues with allowing the snipers to drop someone up close with one shot in a well placed center-of-mass hit.

Besides, if all weapons are now receiving a 1.25 chest multiplier it does kind of take away what small buff they had in BF3 along with shotguns and revolvers.
With all weapons now being more lethal, the bolt guns kind of needed the damage boost to stay ahead of the competition.
The 1.25 thing is quite a boost, especially in HC. With BF3's damage model, it takes 3 hits with a M16 to kill someone in HC. If they had a 1.25 chest multiplier, they would only need 2 hits. Adding 5m of potential OHK range to the bolt-guns vs taking away a bullet from shots to kill on typical small arms... Seems fair enough to me.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, September 20th 2013, 8:53am

BAs are very powerful, it all just depends on who's wielding them. Here is an example of a bolt action being used in a competitive match, go to the 5 min mark: Match Clips - YouTube

This is skill, this is what Battlefield needs, not dumbing everything down until every noob can play be happy.

"skill" comes in many different forms; twitch aiming is just one of them. this is especially true in battlefield. and while troyeh's sniping is very good, he's undoubtedly more powerful with his assault rifles. this is true for pretty much every player, even the bolt action "pros" who can use them at all ranges.

• "gerg" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, September 20th 2013, 10:11am

25m is nothing. It's handgun range. It's shotgun range.
It's definitely not your typical shotgun range, it's like having a magnum with a OHK to the chest. I don't want to post another vid but this one puts it into perspective, at the 2 min mark: BF4 News - OHK Bolt Action Sniper Rifle ? New Alpha Stats - Overpowered? - YouTube

You all make some really good points and come to think of it, maybe I am being a bit of a drama queen. But if nothing else, DICE did add the body armor upgrade to negate this OHK potential, so maybe it won't be so bad after all. The kill assists counting as kills is still weird though, having it at like 95+ is understandable but 75/80+ is a bit much I think.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2013

Battlelog:

Friday, September 20th 2013, 2:12pm

But the recons with BAs are still viable, simply by the fact people just love to play snipers. That is all the justifications they need. They could nerf the BAs to oblivion and there would still be these bush wookies or mountain campers. Whatever you do they still come in great abundance.
Easy solution, limit the sniper to one one or two max on each team.
Solves the bushwacking.
dice make that as a criteria would work just fine as any army dont send 30 guys as snipers into hostile area.
counter to sniper is a well place rpg or such weapon as BC2 which is sniper friendly you find snipers whine a lot when you do that with CG.
or better teamwork to take out the snipers. (that be the day)