Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "gerg" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 3:44pm

What's your issue with kill assists counting as kills? This addition has no bearing on the game, other than to pad stats and make players feel better. It doesn't help win any games, and it doesn't make snipers perform any better (only on the scoreboard).
It doesn't affect the outcome of the game, you are absolutely right. But it messes further with stat integrity and raises the the question of why we even have them in the first place? Heck, at this point they should just remove the scoreboard completely and have only a ticket counter.

In Drift0r's footage for example, at 1:44:40, he gets a kill for a 80 kill assist. A kill for just pointing and clicking, shameful if you ask me.
Battlefield 4 - 3 Hours of Raw Unedited Gameplay - YouTube

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 5:23pm

Don't we all just point and click?

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 5:46pm

What's your issue with kill assists counting as kills? This addition has no bearing on the game, other than to pad stats and make players feel better. It doesn't help win any games, and it doesn't make snipers perform any better (only on the scoreboard).
It has both pros and cons but how many times someone stole your kill or killed your foe with ~2% HP?
It it here just to limit "I FCKIN DESERVED THAT KILL" stuff, as long as there is no killstreaks, I'm ok with this.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 5:57pm

in BC2 snipers had the OHK potential on ALL the body, and they were even more powerful with MAG ammo
Which is why BC2 was just one big noob sniper fest. BF4 won't be nowhere near as bad but making sniping more accessible is not the way to go. If someone can't aim they can just use the new "spec ops" sub-class and leave the sniping to those handful of skilled players.
At 25m you shouldnt engage combat with a bolt action, because most of the other guns, if not all, would roflstomp you even before you are fully ADSd.
Only if you have abysmal reflexes and aim which is at least 90% of pub players.

"Enigma sniping"
Lol, Enigma played hardcore 99% of the time, this is evident by his terrible headshot rate. If he played normal mode he would have a -100 K/D. BF needs way more of these kind of heroes.
Actually he BFBC2 he only played normal. In Bf3 he was a hardcore "pro" though.

I am a bit worried as well I must admit, go play BFBC2 now and literally 50% of players are running around with the SV98.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Maveco

You can't stop the Smooze!

(610)

Date of registration
: Mar 16th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 6:07pm

I would preffer having the points from killing based upon the damage dealth, shifting the focus from the simple kill/assist action to how much you contributed to that death... but back on the topic, I find a sniper-rifle buff necessary in order to give it some relevance ingame

Date of registration
: Apr 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 6:19pm

I find a sniper-rifle buff necessary in order to give it some relevance ingame

QFT

I wouldn't mind how the recon weapons worked in BF3, if it wasn't for just how stupidly easy it was to get kills with almost any other weapon in the game.

• "tinynerdude" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 2nd 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 7:29pm

Well how does one become a good sniper...
practice.
You talk a lot of hate on how snipers in BF3 don't help but the truth is they only seek to be good, not points or wins but to be good at sniping. They only way to get there is to do it. It anything they are heros' by example.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 8:24pm

I play exclusively on hardcore, and I don't see an abundance of snipers ever.

It won't take away all the skill in sniping, it won't make bolt guns OP, it won't make them better than shotguns up close, and it won't make the pistol unnecessary.

I think you all are overreacting. All it does is give the sniper a chance to take out an attacker if they have good twitch reflexes. If they miss they're probably toast and running around up close with a bolt gun will be more for fun than to take advantage of the power.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

• "gerg" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 8:49pm

Well how does one become a good sniper...
practice.
You talk a lot of hate on how snipers in BF3 don't help but the truth is they only seek to be good, not points or wins but to be good at sniping. They only way to get there is to do it. It anything they are heros' by example.

I'll admit, I sucked when I started. It was only when I got around 100 service stars with the SV98 that I was decent, before that at least half my kills came from my sidearm, especially when 93r was OP. Most people aren't willing to put in the time it takes to get good with a hard weapon, and now with nearly 700 service stars with the SV98, I feel cheated that sniping is now being dumbed down because people were whining about its difficulty.
Suppression was the main thing holding snipers back and now with suppression greatly toned down these changes to sniping seem excessive. But maybe DICE knows exactly what they're doing, like always.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "gerg" (Sep 19th 2013, 9:02pm)

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 9:01pm

If you're using a bolt-action up close over a slug shotgun, you're doing it wrong. It'd be like buffing the SVD in BF3 just a tad--it's completely outclassed by other weapons, even a light buff won't make it a more useful weapon.

I welcome any change that encourages Recons to stop sniping. Unfortunately, sniper rifles weren't removed from Battlefield, but making them better-suited for quickscoping might well mean that people are going to use them for things other than sitting on hills.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS